blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:22:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD MONTHLY DEEPSTACK..IS IT REALLY ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD MONTHLY DEEPSTACK..IS IT REALLY ?  (Read 9694 times)
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 07:23:02 PM »

The 10k did use to be the biggest starting stack dtd offered. The £150 used to be 5k, then 6k (I preferred these starting stacks for this) before they upped it to 10k. Then they followed suit with the other weekend comps.

So I can see why people think it diminishes the £300 a bit but I would t change it. 200 big blinds plus 45 min clock = deepstack imo.

The other weekend deepstack comps are nowhere near the same structure as the deepstack. The only similarity is the starting stack.

30 minute comp and quite a few levels missing. Basically a crapshoot after the first 4 hours but structured perfectly to finish within 1 day.

Oh yes, I agree completely. A lot of people thought just look at the starting stack. And 10,000 chips these days isn't really a selling point. Lots of people will just see that £50 = 10,000 chips. £300 = 10,000 chips.

The added levels and longer clock make all the difference in the world, but not everyone realises this. Hence why this topic was made. Complaining about 200bbs + awesome structure + 45 min clock = silly imo.

Blue text
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 07:27:04 PM »

As has been said, its in the structure over two days more than the starting stack that matters

Think its the best monthly comp around and no need to tweak it, plays pretty deep throughout bar a level or two early on day two, but that'll happen in any comp.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 07:28:29 PM »

Lol at people wanting a deeper structure

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 07:29:59 PM »

As has been said, its in the structure over two days more than the starting stack that matters

Think its the best monthly comp around and no need to tweak it, plays pretty deep throughout bar a level or two early on day two, but that'll happen in any comp.

You just don't want to stay up any later with the updates!!

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2010, 07:30:47 PM »

You just don't want to stay up any later with the updates!!

this is true too, but hardly likely to be a contributory factor to DTD's thinking!!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2010, 07:32:20 PM »

can we make it 4k chips, blinds start 50/100. ante in level 2 pls

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2010, 07:33:26 PM »

Once down to about 50-60 players in the lower limit "deepstack" events it does play like a crapshoot, you pretty have to move in and take the blinds.... not my idea of fun, but it works to a point. ie. finishing in a day.
Why don't you play the Monte Carlo if the 10k 45min clock doesnt appeal to you.... its 30k stack and 60min clock.

Play cash if you don't want variance to play as much of a role in your results.

Tournaments by definition have to get like this or they'd never end. The skill is not being desperate when the blinds go up whilst everyone else is, that and winning without showdown/and at showdown!!
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2010, 07:34:05 PM »

can we make it 4k chips, blinds start 50/100. ante in level 2 pls

There's a pretty sick structure on sky that I played the other day.

Called a chip and a chair.

You get 2 chips the blinds start at 0.5/1 .....................
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2010, 09:01:38 PM »

alot of ppl cant adapt to the structure and are hanging on to cash or wait for aces

the amount of ppl i see under 10 bigs folding makes me cry

i think the one day tourneys are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 dtd

Just me
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2010, 09:46:29 PM »

The 6 max turbo was sick. pls to be doing 3 of these a sunday Cheesy
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2010, 10:26:47 PM »

This whole starting chips of 76 billion "headline" is so lol. It is just to trick donks into thinking they will get more play to increase their "invisible edge".

I say start with 1000 chips at 10/20 introduce 1 chips for antes from the get go and have a longer clock in the later stages to increase the play when it actually matters. Not everyone looking ridic bored waiting for aa vs kk.

Btw this isn't a pop at DTD it is tourney poker in general.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2010, 10:28:22 PM »

I'm with longy!!!!

Chip and a chair comp structure would be a laff!!!
bazzabhoy
BAZZABHOY

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2010, 10:41:19 PM »

In all seriousness the 10k "deepstack" isn't really a deepstack imo. Would like stacks to increase to 12k for the 300 as their flagship event. However I understand that they need to get done in a weekend so 10k is fine.

Surely they could still get it done if they started day 2 earlier?  In my opinion it starts too late. If we stay over we have 3 or 4 hours to kill between checking out of the hotel and re-starting play.

+1 
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2010, 07:40:51 AM »

IMHO you could give the random ppl that turn up at DTD 1 day deepstack events any structure you want and they would manage to turn it into a crapshoot. The average player in those play so painstakingly nittily and passively that the clashes between big hands that should happen dont happen because when anyone starts to play aggressively you know they have Aces+. The Monte Carlo event will play deeper, but mainly because of the higher overall standard of player imo. I reckon if you put the field that turn up for Saturday into the Monte Carlo it probably wouldnt finish until they eventually decide to make a move and put in their final 6bbs with AJo sometime in the middle of January.
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2010, 08:09:27 AM »

tournies start with far too many chips imo. should start with 50 big blinds, but have a much longer clock, that would keep it deepstacked thru'out due to the longer clock. a tourney which had an average of 40-50bb all the way thru would be incred. would you like this OP? or is really what your askng that you want 3 million chips early on so you can splash around?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: