blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:01:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Event 7 $1000 No Limit Holdem
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Event 7 $1000 No Limit Holdem  (Read 5101 times)
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2005, 09:45:01 AM »

A Michael Graz won a World poker tour event in March (Party poker Cruise), so John's win/tie is even more impressive in such a tough field....did they play on for the bracelet?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
sig75

Me and my kid brother on my graduation day

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2005, 09:52:17 AM »

Pokerpages.com has Mike G stated as the winner, and they say nothing about any deal either.

World peace and I'm out of a job
James Browning

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2005, 11:33:35 AM »

It was definitely declared as a tie initially so I am guessing they split and either played for the bracelet or included that in the deal. However if and when I find out I will obviously keep everyone informed.
Whatever happened 24 year old Mike Gracz has been declared the winner and has walked away with the bracelet!
He was born in Poland and lives in North Carolina.
He he has a degree in finance but is planning to be a full time Poker Pro
Well done to him and well done to John CT Law
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2005, 11:49:37 AM »

Wow, well done John - just awesome!

And on the Final hand, John had an awful beat. All the chips went in on a J-8-5 flop. Matey Boy has Q-8 for middle pair, John has QJ for top pair, top kicker. But the turn came an 8..... But $311,000 is a nice pick up for John Law.

I gather Mike Gracz is Polish, but lives in USA. Guess that counts as a European victory?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
James Browning

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2005, 01:00:47 PM »

Ouch what a time for an outdraw!
Presuming no flush draws regular or backdoor, on the flop John was 83.3% v 16.7% to win the hand.
Gamblor21

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2005, 12:33:26 AM »

I watched the whole thing... after busting out early from the 2000 event (i just did'nt no how to approach the event and played badly should've spoke to james about tactics i think!)

John played brilliant, he lost his chip lead after having ak busted by a5 matey boy, he thought he was bluffin and check called big bets all the way to the river! then john put him allin when the straight came for yank!

John makes a great call for all his chips to level it up board comes 225 yank bets john call, turn comes 6 yank checks john puts a large bet in... the matey boy moves allin! john deliberates then says call they turn there cards john has 63 and matey boy has j5! stevie liu was prayiing john passed the hand! john then shouts i knew he had nothing, and then says thats bottle!

last one would have given john a big chip lead... great final and john has given a great account of himself!

It will be a brilliant tv final!

Off to the pool its too hot!

Ian

Hear me knocking... Let me in then!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2005, 12:36:09 AM »

Thanks Ian, keep 'em coming.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: