blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:41:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272625 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Live 1/2 cash game. River spot
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live 1/2 cash game. River spot  (Read 3413 times)
rick_bubu
Probation

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2010, 03:38:19 PM »

Villain is a good capable aggressive player. Both villain and I are over 400 big blinds deep. No particular history with him.

Villain straddles to £5. Couple of calls. I call on the button with  Big blind completes and villain checks.

Flop  three clubs Villain leads for £26. Folded to us. We raise to £76. Villain tanks for a while and calls.

Turn  Check Check

River  He Rechecks his cards. Thinks for 30 secs and bets £250.

Hero???
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 04:08:59 PM »

Sigh fold for me!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Biddy 62

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 04:27:29 PM »

Why did'nt you bet the turn? Looks like a fold now.
rick_bubu
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 04:43:50 PM »

Should've asked. Wot do u think of the play pre-flop, flop and turn
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 05:26:55 PM »

Think U played it fine. Might just call flop on occasion. Fold now

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 06:33:10 PM »

Id always make it £30 or so pre

As played flop is fine. Bet the turn. As played cant see im ever folding the river, theres vvv few combinations of AcX he can have from the straddle as played pre and on the flop. Shoving looks fine even tho you obv are also repping v few combinations but we can assume he doesnt realise that anyway given its live poker.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 06:40:41 PM »

Does his flop lead not suggest some sort of draw?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 06:51:57 PM »

People dont tend to tank with the nut flush draw. They either bet/call quickly to try and slow the raiser down or bet/3bet to get it in
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 07:15:19 PM »

i'd raise pre. Raise the flop 100% of the time as you did. Definitely bet the turn - that is the biggest mistake imo. You get loads of value from worse hands, protect your hand vs random pair plus small/medium clubs and you can define his range much better. By checking the turn, you really don't have a clue where you stand and are left guessing by the river as to whether he's bluffing or not.

As played, if I know villain is capable of doing this with air then i might find a call, but against an unknown its a fold for me. I disagree that there few AcX combos, I think he bets the flop with  ,  plus all nut flush draws. I agree with Dubai that ppl in live cash do tend to call quickly rather than tank call with the nut flush draw. But having said that, you said he was good and capable, unlike most live cash players, so that logic doesn't really apply.

Also, it's unwise to assume that his range is polarised to  or air. Vs an unknown he could be doing this with a small club to bluff you off a bigger one or using the classic thought process "I knew you didn't have the Ace" and bet this with the K or Q. Again if he's good this is less likely. But still possible that he is bluffing with the best hand. Also, don't be levelled by him rechecking his cards on the river. Good players do this as a level so I'd try to ignore that.

All in all, this is a fold imo.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 07:16:28 PM »

i'd raise pre. Raise the flop 100% of the time as you did. Definitely bet the turn - that is the biggest mistake imo. You get loads of value from worse hands, protect your hand vs random pair plus small/medium clubs and you can define his range much better. By checking the turn, you really don't have a clue where you stand and are left guessing by the river as to whether he's bluffing or not.

As played, if I know villain is capable of doing this with air then i might find a call, but against an unknown its a fold for me. I disagree that there few AcX combos, I think he bets the flop with  ,  plus all nut flush draws. I agree with Dubai that ppl in live cash do tend to call quickly rather than tank call with the nut flush draw. But having said that, you said he was good and capable, unlike most live cash players, so that logic doesn't really apply.

Also, it's unwise to assume that his range is polarised to  or air. Vs an unknown he could be doing this with a small club to bluff you off a bigger one or using the classic thought process "I knew you didn't have the Ace" and bet this with the K or Q. Again if he's good this is less likely. But still possible that he is bluffing with the best hand. Also, don't be levelled by him rechecking his cards on the river. Good players do this as a level so I'd try to ignore that.

Given all you have said it makes it a shove not a fold surely?
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 07:30:37 PM »

yes raise pre bet turn all in river ship it

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 08:23:00 PM »

Given all you have said it makes it a shove not a fold surely?

No, i said I disagree that there are few  AcX combos (ie. i think there are many). So he has the nuts here quite a lot. Even if he's bluffing in this spot 40% of the time it's still a fold. In live cash he doesnt need to risk 125bbs (or more) by making this gamble. He is basically just guessing and has no idea what frequency villain is bluffing/has the nuts. He can win 125bbs far easier in another spot because ppl put their money in dead so often.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 08:24:30 PM »

Can you name the combos for me please.

And please dont think he is dwelling on the flop to balance his bet dwell calling range. Its a live 1-2 game, he wont know what that means.

I just wanna see these combos of AcX hands
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 08:28:05 PM »

Just so u realise- even if u insist he can have the nut flush draw on the flop, which seems dubious at best, the only combos he can have given pre is surely

A2
A5
A8

A5 is a gutshot, so no idea why he is tanking with that. So even if you want to say he can have the nut flush draw you are basically saying his combo of hands he is repping is Ac7x Ac2c Ac8c. Personally i think the only hand he gets to the river like this after dwelling is Ac7x. So when I say he is repping a narrow range which makes it a shove I cannot see how i can possibly be wrong. But you are more than welcome to enlighten me
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 08:33:09 PM »

". Even if he's bluffing in this spot 40% of the time it's still a fold. In live cash he doesnt need to risk 125bbs (or more) by making this gamble. He is basically just guessing and has no idea what frequency villain is bluffing/has the nuts. He can win 125bbs far easier in another spot because ppl put their money in dead so often. "

I wouldnt even know where to start with this. So il just say its basicallly all wrong
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: