blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:08:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***It's SNOWING - Tales From the Drift 2010***
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***It's SNOWING - Tales From the Drift 2010***  (Read 12593 times)
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2010, 09:22:29 PM »

all new extended roof camper

Click to see full-size image.

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2010, 09:22:58 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2010, 08:18:46 AM »

Had a foot of snow, down here on the Sussex coast last night
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2010, 09:58:19 AM »

Wish it would snow where I live.  We've only got icey roads which means driving is still a pain but no added value fun playing outside.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2010, 10:01:38 AM »

I didn't find an old lamp, I didn't try to rub it clean, I didn't make a wish with a genie but still manged to get a few more inches overnight.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2010, 11:21:14 AM »

I didn't find an old lamp, I didn't try to rub it clean, I didn't make a wish with a genie but still manged to get a few more inches overnight.

So rubbing something old gave you a few more inches?

What about the snow?

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Maxriddles

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2010, 11:37:56 AM »

I've been on leave Monday to Wednesday, was meant to be Christmas shopping but haven't really been beyond our street due to the amount of snow, over 18 inches. Back to work today and left early to dig the car out again and drive the 25 miles to work. The journey took me three times longer than usual just to find a decision had been made to close the office today. The roads in my street and the main road it leads onto are by far the worst I encountered, the M8 was none too clever either around Bathgate and Livingston but the roads being pretty deserted made it much easier.

I have sent a complaint email to the local council about my street and the main road it leads onto. We have had six days of significant snow with no sightings of a gritter or plough which is not good enough, especially in a large residential area that is on a bus route, although no buses have run since Monday when the two that attempted it both got stuck. We are not within easy walking distance to local shops, especially in the conditions (no footpaths cleared unless residents have done so themselves) and I genuinely fear for those less able or elderly people with no family nearby to offer them assistance. With this in mind I'd encourage anyone living in an area in this situation to pop in and see a neighbour they think could be in this situation just to see if they do need any help.

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2010, 11:56:08 AM »

They're always banging on about how we should keep an eye on our neighbours - well, six months I've been living next to this 80-year old woman and not once has she come round to see if I'm OK.

Lazy cow hasn't taken her milk in for two weeks!
Maxriddles

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2010, 12:08:54 PM »

They're always banging on about how we should keep an eye on our neighbours - well, six months I've been living next to this 80-year old woman and not once has she come round to see if I'm OK.

Lazy cow hasn't taken her milk in for two weeks!

Maybe not in particularly good taste but I lol'd.

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2010, 01:36:59 PM »

jack dee i think
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2010, 02:33:46 PM »

Wish I drove a range rover so glide thru the snow with easer

Just me
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2010, 03:39:11 PM »

I've been on leave Monday to Wednesday, was meant to be Christmas shopping but haven't really been beyond our street due to the amount of snow, over 18 inches. Back to work today and left early to dig the car out again and drive the 25 miles to work. The journey took me three times longer than usual just to find a decision had been made to close the office today. The roads in my street and the main road it leads onto are by far the worst I encountered, the M8 was none too clever either around Bathgate and Livingston but the roads being pretty deserted made it much easier.

I have sent a complaint email to the local council about my street and the main road it leads onto. We have had six days of significant snow with no sightings of a gritter or plough which is not good enough, especially in a large residential area that is on a bus route, although no buses have run since Monday when the two that attempted it both got stuck. We are not within easy walking distance to local shops, especially in the conditions (no footpaths cleared unless residents have done so themselves) and I genuinely fear for those less able or elderly people with no family nearby to offer them assistance. With this in mind I'd encourage anyone living in an area in this situation to pop in and see a neighbour they think could be in this situation just to see if they do need any help.

We've been told they won't plough or grit in the schemes - even though we're one of the highest villages in the region (we're only 8 miles from the highest village in Britain).

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Div

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2010, 04:31:13 PM »

Was trudging my way through Rutherglen today, when I spotted an old dear exiting a shop and trying to make her way through the snow and slush with the aid of a walking stick.

Got a bit closer and realised what shop she had just exited - Laddies!!!

Obviously not a silver surfer.

'Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.'
- Warren Buffett

http://pokerdiv.blogspot.com
Maxriddles

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2010, 05:56:41 PM »

We've been told they won't plough or grit in the schemes - even though we're one of the highest villages in the region (we're only 8 miles from the highest village in Britain).

I am guessing our council have had quite a few emails, the not unpredictable response I received was as follow :-

Dear Sir/Madam

Many thanks. Currently all council vehicles are working round the clock to keep priority main roads and town centres open, residential streets will be treated as soon as possible. We are trying to grit after ploughing but when this happens depends on resources.

Regards

Road Services Manager

h

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2010, 08:40:15 PM »

even snow clouds have a silver lining

travel round m25 daily being doing so for 2 years
junction 19 to 11 and back
best travel conditions i have know this week
half empty roads no queuing no congestion average journey time reduced by 10 to 15 minutes each way

and today
work made a decision to allow all to finish an hour early because of the bad wheather LOL

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: