blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:30:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  wow just wow,wow,wow FLUSHY
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: wow just wow,wow,wow FLUSHY  (Read 84061 times)
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: February 04, 2011, 08:34:33 PM »

I dont see that a personailsed #plate is flaunting wealth imo
everyone treats themselves to extravengcies many other people are not privileged enough to enjoy, and I dont think they should be embarrased about it at all, flaunting as in rubbing someone down cos you have £££ and they dont is clearly being a dick, but I dont think that here

I don't see how having a personised plate is anything apart from flaunting your wealth.

Arguments can be made about how having a nice car, nice watch, top grade tv etc etc can improve your life.

How exactly does a personalised plate improve your life?

An expensive watch does not improve your life 1 iota Keith sorry. It may make you feel good about yourself same as a plate may, they are both just accessories.

I really don't get why you have singled them out? I'm guessing that the stubborn old you doesn't want to change his mind now you have argued the toss about it for a few pages  Wink  Grin

Jewellry of all sorts makes you look nicer and feel better about yourself. And/or might have sentimental value.

I fail to comprehend how having a personalised plate makes you feel better about yourself.

horses for courses.  I personally think people that wear a load of bling look a bit idiotic, but it's their choice, as it is with anyone, what they spend their money on.

I don't immediate think 'tosser' if i see someone with a personalised number plate, but i've seen a few tossers with them.  Just a couple of days ago I saw a guy come speeding into a retail park car park, top of his car down (even though it was freezing), music blaring out, swung straight into a disabled spot before swaggering out of his car looking around to see who was looking at him.  He had a personalised plate, but it wasn't really that that made me think he was a tosser. 

Cant believe you didnt come over and say hello to me........

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 04, 2011, 08:42:11 PM »

thanks sofa
 i had bad month being jan and self employed etc  ...but will deffo sort this in next month or so ...unless i  bink in deepstack or ukipt which i have won seats for!!

if you at either of these come say hello i am the tacky and cheap bald fat man with gold rings!!!

really? almost everytime I see someone in jewellery it's making them look tacky and cheap. then I do live in east london

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 04, 2011, 09:20:50 PM »

A random question

Once a couple of my mates went to hong kong from heathrow.
When they got there they found out the flights were over booked. The air line offered them two options.

1. Wait 8 hours for the next flight and you will get a refund

2. Upgrade to first class

Which one would you take and why?

Btw the flights around 11-13 hours direct

Just me
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 04, 2011, 09:21:17 PM »

lol at this thread only just caught up it it all
  camel sorry this aint personal but to post this   It is a dire waste of money and almost obscene to flaunt wealth in this way when there is so much poverty in the UK/the world.  when you gamble/play poker for a living is a ridiculous statement.

i run a very small bussines LJWcarpenter & joiner ....guess what i am a carpenter i want to buy a number plate for my LDV convoy van (v reg) not new or flash!
 there is a car around the corner from where i live which has a number plate on it somthing like               y46 LJW
  i would love to own this plate and put it on my van ...so acording to you i am a to55er  sorry dont get why this makes me a to55er i live a very moddest life and work very hard to support mrs fish and 3 kids.

i also give to a charity every month
so am i allowed to buy it or not??

sofa-king ...in my humble opinion your a cool guy even tho we have never met good luck with everything.

Why is gambling for a living any less valid than being a stockbroker, an estate agent, a banker or any other similar profession?

Look, as I said a long way back in this thread, just because I think someone with a personalised plate is a bit of a tosser doesn't mean they actually are.

It's just my personal opinion, if you want a plate, I hope you get one you like and good luck to you.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 04, 2011, 09:53:08 PM »

A random question

When they got there they found out the flights were over booked. The air line offered them two options.

assuming you mean upgrade to first class for free def take that option because sorting out a refund takes effort and im lazy. also you would get to destination on time as planned rather than waiting around in an airport for another 8 hours. an upgrade would also be worth quite a bit more £ than a normal flight too so don't see how this is even close tbh

Christopher Brammer
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 04, 2011, 09:59:47 PM »

A random question

Take the first class for me, I've already paid so the extra luxury is a bonus and I want to get there on time......
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 04, 2011, 10:03:05 PM »

A random question

nothing is ever straight forward.,.,what if i was already going 1st class..,.,? if this was the case .,.,i would take a full refund and wait..,easy.,peasy.,.refund and wait
if i was booked economy..,.(which is not blowing off but i doubt it on a long flight)..,.,i would take upgrade every day of the week mate.,..,
first class to hong kong at a guess £3-5k
economy at a guess £400-600

what did they do?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 10:08:30 PM by sofa----king » Logged

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #472 on: February 04, 2011, 10:05:29 PM »

Depends how important the money for the flights is to you - personally I'm snap-calling the upgrade.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 04, 2011, 10:12:16 PM »

camel sorry this aint personal but to post this   It is a dire waste of money and almost obscene to flaunt wealth in this way when there is so much poverty in the UK/the world.  when you gamble/play poker for a living is a ridiculous statement.

I have to say IMO you're way off the mark here - there is no reason to say that people who play poker for a living flaunt wealth any more than the next person

A lot of pro players work extremely hard, just as you do, poker isnt a frivolous, wasters job, it';s a lifestyle which despite it's perks (which are more obvious than the downsides) takes a huge amount of commitment and hard work to make successful.

And yh, unless I've done my bullocks in im snaping the upgrade, first class is incred sick plus I literally HATE waiting for stuff

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 04, 2011, 10:28:10 PM »

I have to say IMO you're way off the mark here - there is no reason to say that people who play poker for a living flaunt wealth any more than the next person

A lot of pro players work extremely hard, just as you do, poker isnt a frivolous, wasters job, it';s a lifestyle which despite it's perks (which are more obvious than the downsides) takes a huge amount of commitment and hard work to make successful.

And yh, unless I've done my bullocks in im snaping the upgrade, first class is incred sick plus I literally HATE waiting for stuff

dave you aint got no passport...so you aint getting on no plane fooollll. sorry just watching mr t killing rocky

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 04, 2011, 10:35:55 PM »

what would you all do if you were booked in as first class.,., u paid £3,800.,.,.,
offered a full refund to fly for free first class,in 8 hours?
i think u would all wait ? as i would? and wish that i'd booked 12 seats for my familly.,.,lol

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 04, 2011, 10:39:08 PM »

Do airlines overbook first class seats?

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 04, 2011, 10:41:53 PM »

dunno.,.,.,? good question,..,.,?prob happend somtime..,pc error etc.,.,,never thought of that.,.,they overbook ordainary seats why not fc.,.,?
off to google.,.,
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 10:46:05 PM by sofa----king » Logged

sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 04, 2011, 10:45:03 PM »

couldnt find much on this

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 04, 2011, 11:07:29 PM »

dave you aint got no passport...so you aint getting on no plane fooollll. sorry just watching mr t killing rocky

sigh Sad

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: