blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:29:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Another river spot. 1/2 live cash.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another river spot. 1/2 live cash.  (Read 2199 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2010, 06:23:21 AM »

At a frustratingly shortstacked 1/2 table (everyone is playing between 100 and 200) 6people limp to my BB, I check   .
SB checks a  two spades flop, I check, MP checks, MP2 bets £10, button calls, SB calls, I call with a gutshot, an over and a backdoor flush draw. Pot is now £54.

Turn is an offsuit . SB checks I decide to lead smallish for £21. I thought this card would most likely get checked around and I didn't want to miss a bunch of value from draws, worse pairs and pair+gutter combos. everyone but the small blind folded.

The river was the . SB checks. No reads on him whatsoever, except that he was between 35 and 45. Is this a value bet? Surely I have the best hand here most of the time? What will he call with though? Also is my call on the flop profitable or spewy given stack sizes? What about my turn line?

Finally, is it better to move tables to a 1/1 where everyone is playing 50-200bbs than sit at this table where no1 has more than 100bbs?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 06:25:05 AM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 11:30:04 AM »

lead flop if you must feel compelled, c/c is over optimistic even when you hit 6 way in the blinds even the biggest droolers will give you credit for the str8. River is a v/bet, and yes in the main playing deeper with bad players will increase your WR.

@whollyflush on twitter
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 12:09:07 PM »

Fold to the flop bet

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 01:16:45 PM »

Definitely fold the flop. K is the best card for you, even if you ping the gutshot its a 4 card straight on the board and you can have every possible 5x hand given your preflop action so you're not gunna get paid too much.

As played i like the turn lead and definitely bet the river, pretty smallish though trying to get a sighcall from 6x

As for game selection I'd just stick at 1/2 if you're gunna be there for a while, it will likely get deep eventually and you don't wanna be waiting ages for a seat when it does

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 02:33:17 PM »

I think you can try a flop call here if you have 1 or 2 terrrible players with 400bbs+ I often do, even though im sure its prolly bad lol

River couldn't be more of a value bet if it had value bet please tattooed on its forehead, and lived at value-bet house, value-bet road, value town, V4L B3T and had just sent a first class parcel (a giant wooden carving of the words VALUE BET) with Value Bet couriers to its only relative Auntie (value) betty.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 04:41:33 PM »

Alex you suck.

You're saying everyones short then we are check peeling to make silly hands. wp.

lead flop if you wanna get jiggy as played c/f flop and move tables.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 06:30:41 AM »

I think you can try a flop call here if you have 1 or 2 terrrible players with 400bbs+ I often do, even though im sure its prolly bad lol

River couldn't be more of a value bet if it had value bet please tattooed on its forehead, and lived at value-bet house, value-bet road, value town, V4L B3T and had just sent a first class parcel (a giant wooden carving of the words VALUE BET) with Value Bet couriers to its only relative Auntie (value) betty.

lord LOLdemort.
set of twoooooooooos snap flat though init?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 06:32:16 AM »

Alex you suck.

You're saying everyones short then we are check peeling to make silly hands. wp.

lead flop if you wanna get jiggy as played c/f flop and move tables.

stfu. getitin with T high again why dont you? moron

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 01:58:53 PM »

OTF I think lead, fold or reraise (probably the worst of the three) but calling to hit when everyone is so short isn't great because you just don't have the implied odds but deeper it is okay so long as you aren't doing it all the time....maybe something along the lines of raise 10% call 15-20% and fold the rest of the time with gutshots??  Turn is good and river is a smallish value bet.

SuperJez

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 08:54:46 PM »

ffs fold flop lol, also play at the table which has the worst players with money
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 12:51:12 AM »

maybe something along the lines of raise 10% call 15-20% and fold the rest of the time with gutshots?? 

i looked at my watch, and I was in the 15-20% bracket so i called Wink

crucially i had 2blue cards in my hand and one blue on the flop don't forget. That's almost a 4% edge on no blue cards. Also 3 kings left to hit ftw [ ]. SB probably doesn't have a set [ ].

yeh yeh fold the flop Sad

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 04:06:33 PM »

maybe something along the lines of raise 10% call 15-20% and fold the rest of the time with gutshots?? 

I dont think you can say do this X% of the time with any kind of hand, personally the reasons Id look for are a) who im in the pot with, if im deep with a bad player, or someone steaming then i'll flick it in, b) if the pot is super multiway, c) if I think I can win some other way (float or semi-bluff)

and yes Alex fold da flop, but that wasnt the question, shod you value bet yeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss u should, for Auntie Betty

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 11:11:12 PM »

I dont think you can say do this X% of the time with any kind of hand, personally the reasons Id look for are a) who im in the pot with, if im deep with a bad player, or someone steaming then i'll flick it in, b) if the pot is super multiway, c) if I think I can win some other way (float or semi-bluff)

and yes Alex fold da flop, but that wasnt the question, shod you value bet yeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss u should, for Auntie Betty

I wasn't really suggesting that those percentages shgould be ahdered to as such more just that if you fold gutshots all the time it becomes a bit exploitable so throwing in the odd raise and call works so long as you fold most of the time

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 02:38:03 AM »

I wasn't really suggesting that those percentages shgould be ahdered to as such more just that if you fold gutshots all the time it becomes a bit exploitable so throwing in the odd raise and call works so long as you fold most of the time

yh, and when you get therrree.............NO BODY KNOWS!! "he cant have a striaght because it was a gutshot on the flop" BAM - STRAIGHT TO THE RAIL

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 09:11:14 AM »

yh, and when you get therrree.............NO BODY KNOWS!! "he cant have a striaght because it was a gutshot on the flop" BAM - STRAIGHT TO THE RAIL

love this trick. do it with BD straight, flush, 2pair draws etc. call pot sized bet on the flop with 23 on AK9. when it comes 45, get the lot. i believe they call it "implied odds" in the trade.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: