blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 09:41:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272883 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
DungBeetle and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1192 1193 1194 1195 [1196] 1197 1198 1199 1200 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2581596 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17925 on: December 08, 2014, 11:04:08 AM »

well done
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #17926 on: December 08, 2014, 11:07:41 AM »

Well done sir
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #17927 on: December 08, 2014, 11:13:37 AM »

Fantastic job Alex.

I watched for a while on the stream and you were playing flawless poker.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17928 on: December 08, 2014, 11:15:31 AM »

very well done, great stuff

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #17929 on: December 08, 2014, 11:32:41 AM »

lucky.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #17930 on: December 08, 2014, 12:01:14 PM »

Wd on the comeback after that queen came, I winced pretty hard when it did.....
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17931 on: December 08, 2014, 12:03:33 PM »

Thanks very much everyone. Feeling on cloud nine this morning Smiley

A quick report on how it played out!

I ran so hot from 19 until the final 8, think I busted 5 of those 11 people and had a big chip lead going into the final 8 with 2.5m out of 7.5m in play.

Once the final started I had so much momentum and thought with my chip lead I could put so much pressure on but it didn't work out that way at all. I tried to force things too much and everyone was still pretty deep which makes it actually tougher to put pressure on. I lost my head a bit and played two or three hands really poorly.

The dinner break came at the perfect time. I was tilted at myself and ruing my mistakes. I needed to snap out of it and have a completely different approach. A halftime team talk with Deadman really helped from a strategy point of view, and a FaceTime with Victoria really helped from a morale point of view.

After dinner I had a totally different approach, the strategy being to just sit back and let people bust themselves, then apply pressure once short handed. And that's exactly how it worked out. A real key pot was busting Zohair to go 4 handed. Even though the pot wasn't that big, it was still crucial because he was the best player left in and had direct position on me, and it gave me a decent chip lead again and I could put real pressure on 4 handed.

This was when I really feel happy with how I played, I relaxed more and started enjoying myself for the first time on the final. I pressed pretty hard and again although I didn't win any big pot, the luck was the others knocking each other out and I didn't take any hits, went into heads up 4.8m to 2.7m and feeling great.

I turned down a deal so we played on for 32k difference. I really enjoy heads up and felt I played my absolute best during this match.

I got him allin with my AQ vs 88 and I thought this must be fate. 2014 started off with me losing AQ vs 88 for chunks in EPT Deauville to come 11th. So I thought it would a fitting end of the year to win the tournament with the same flip.

Alas, that didn't happen, but I grinded him back to even again, then took a slight lead when the sick one took place...

We got it all in with my Two Diamonds vs his on a Q229r board. I was 95% to win the lot there and then. But alas, the brutal queen on the river crippled me. That was a pretty brutal beat to take for such a huge amount of money. But I actually felt fine, I really was determined to not let it bother me and to play on unfazed.

I had 800k at 50/100k and got some shoves through, then won 66 vs QJ to double to around 2.5m. At this point it seemed like a deal would be a good idea now that we were much shallower. So we deal a chip count deal and played for the trophy. Whether it would've played out the same I don't know, he says he would have done some things different but as you know I take my trophies very seriously! I ended up winning A6 vs KJ for a huge double to have him 5.5:2m and then the last one A8>KT to finish it.

It was immensely satisfying. To have that mental setback early on in the final and then have the support of my friends and girlfriend to help me snap out of it. And then to recover from that sick hand to get it all back and win. I feel like it was my proudest accomplishment in poker.

I couldn't bare Victoria being in Barcelona on her own, so flown her out today and gonna skip the Eureka to spend time with her in this amazing city. Open Face Chinese World Championship tomorrow, absolutely buzzing for this. Gonna do a charity auction for 10% of my action where I'll match whatever the winning bid is. See the staking boards shortly!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17932 on: December 08, 2014, 12:42:35 PM »

That's a lovely Post Alex.

You are an absolute credit to poker, & Mum, Dad & Baby Bro must be very proud.

I wanted to ask what "Face Time" means, but I'm a little wary it may be misconstrued.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #17933 on: December 08, 2014, 12:49:56 PM »

That's a lovely Post Alex.

You are an absolute credit to poker, & Mum, Dad & Baby Bro must be very proud.

I wanted to ask what "Face Time" means, but I'm a little wary it may be misconstrued.

I usually miss the subtle things in your posts but I totally got this one.

You're saying Mark, Alex's middle brother wouldn't be proud of him right?

@GreekStein on twitter.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17934 on: December 08, 2014, 12:55:22 PM »

Doing the auction on fb, too difficult to do it across two sites...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #17935 on: December 08, 2014, 02:09:33 PM »

Amazing stuff, very well done Alex.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #17936 on: December 08, 2014, 02:55:53 PM »

Guys lets make Alex give lumps to charity. We can put in a collective bid for 10%. Pm me how much you're in for let's get Alex donating 5k to charity. I'm in for a hundo.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #17937 on: December 08, 2014, 07:23:51 PM »

Well done Alex.

Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #17938 on: December 08, 2014, 07:26:20 PM »

Thanks very much everyone. Feeling on cloud nine this morning Smiley

A quick report on how it played out!

I ran so hot from 19 until the final 8, think I busted 5 of those 11 people and had a big chip lead going into the final 8 with 2.5m out of 7.5m in play.

Once the final started I had so much momentum and thought with my chip lead I could put so much pressure on but it didn't work out that way at all. I tried to force things too much and everyone was still pretty deep which makes it actually tougher to put pressure on. I lost my head a bit and played two or three hands really poorly.

The dinner break came at the perfect time. I was tilted at myself and ruing my mistakes. I needed to snap out of it and have a completely different approach. A halftime team talk with Deadman really helped from a strategy point of view, and a FaceTime with Victoria really helped from a morale point of view.

After dinner I had a totally different approach, the strategy being to just sit back and let people bust themselves, then apply pressure once short handed. And that's exactly how it worked out. A real key pot was busting Zohair to go 4 handed. Even though the pot wasn't that big, it was still crucial because he was the best player left in and had direct position on me, and it gave me a decent chip lead again and I could put real pressure on 4 handed.

This was when I really feel happy with how I played, I relaxed more and started enjoying myself for the first time on the final. I pressed pretty hard and again although I didn't win any big pot, the luck was the others knocking each other out and I didn't take any hits, went into heads up 4.8m to 2.7m and feeling great.

I turned down a deal so we played on for 32k difference. I really enjoy heads up and felt I played my absolute best during this match.

I got him allin with my AQ vs 88 and I thought this must be fate. 2014 started off with me losing AQ vs 88 for chunks in EPT Deauville to come 11th. So I thought it would a fitting end of the year to win the tournament with the same flip.

Alas, that didn't happen, but I grinded him back to even again, then took a slight lead when the sick one took place...

We got it all in with my Two Diamonds vs his on a Q229r board. I was 95% to win the lot there and then. But alas, the brutal queen on the river crippled me. That was a pretty brutal beat to take for such a huge amount of money. But I actually felt fine, I really was determined to not let it bother me and to play on unfazed.

I had 800k at 50/100k and got some shoves through, then won 66 vs QJ to double to around 2.5m. At this point it seemed like a deal would be a good idea now that we were much shallower. So we deal a chip count deal and played for the trophy. Whether it would've played out the same I don't know, he says he would have done some things different but as you know I take my trophies very seriously! I ended up winning A6 vs KJ for a huge double to have him 5.5:2m and then the last one A8>KT to finish it.

It was immensely satisfying. To have that mental setback early on in the final and then have the support of my friends and girlfriend to help me snap out of it. And then to recover from that sick hand to get it all back and win. I feel like it was my proudest accomplishment in poker.

I couldn't bare Victoria being in Barcelona on her own, so flown her out today and gonna skip the Eureka to spend time with her in this amazing city. Open Face Chinese World Championship tomorrow, absolutely buzzing for this. Gonna do a charity auction for 10% of my action where I'll match whatever the winning bid is. See the staking boards shortly!
Picture otherwise it did not happen  Wink

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17939 on: December 08, 2014, 09:09:03 PM »

Well done Alex.
Fantastic result, well done.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
Pages: 1 ... 1192 1193 1194 1195 [1196] 1197 1198 1199 1200 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: