blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:53:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1193 1194 1195 1196 [1197] 1198 1199 1200 1201 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2562348 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17940 on: December 09, 2014, 12:39:33 PM »

Victoria flew in yesterday afternoon and we went for a lovely Czech meal and ate so much stodgy meat and dumplings we were knackered and just turned in for the night. Then things took a different direction and by 1130 we were out in Prague with the entire UK poker community it seemed!

The melin sisters, Fraser Mccintyre, Deadman, Shola, Stato, Ludo, Oli Price, Rupert Elder, Warburton, Thigh and more. Then Mitch and Fred who arrived from England at 11pm, also came out. Then Middy, Moorman, Ash and Grafton showed up.

Was very merry and then dropped myself in it by setting up a skittle bomb minesweeper (Getting the dregs of everyones drinks, pouring it into one glass) and offering it round. Obviously muggins here gets peered pressured into doing it. That was me gone.

A quick tactical however, and I was back. Dancing away till about 5am. Then things took a turn for the worse.

We couldn't locate a key to get home. Stato, Fred had already gone home so we thought "ah the others will answer the buzzer and let us in. No problem". Cue half an hour of waiting outside in the -6 freezing cold, Victoria in bits with no tights on. Banging on the door, calling everyone. Nothing.

Got a taxi back to the club, where we find out that we've been lied to and Steve has a key. Not got to the bottom of what happened but I was raging! Get the key and get in ok. Sleep at 6 ish.

Wake up to this in our group chat:

5:54
Steve Warburton
Who's awake

6:01
Steve Warburton
That's not good news

6:33
Steve Warburton
Can someone let me in

7:02
Steve Warburton
Been outside for a long time. Using my one time for someone to wake up

7:25
Steve Warburton
Sleeping on the street.

8:49
Steve Warburton
Almost 9am. Still outdoors

930 Was the official time apparently he came in.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17941 on: December 09, 2014, 12:42:57 PM »

Today is the Open Face Chinese World Championships! Can't wait for this event, been looking forward to it for months. I've pure bubbled two online satellites but got some cash back both times so gonna flick it in.

30k stack, 100/pt starting level, raises every 45 minutes- sick structure. And re-entry!

I wanna be the world champion at something - this might be my best shot!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #17942 on: December 09, 2014, 01:15:11 PM »

Hey Alex , well done on your win, watched the stream , thought you played excellent.
The call with the nines was a beauty, how many times out of ten you reckon you would make that call, or would it be more situation at time dependent , than pure maths decision, if that makes sense lol .
Is the chinese tourney normal or pineapple?
Good luck anyway, and keep reports /write ups coming.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #17943 on: December 10, 2014, 12:55:58 AM »

And also, what percentage of the time do you call with 22 on a AA6J8 board when three bets have gone in on the flop?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 12:57:32 AM by stato_1 » Logged
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #17944 on: December 10, 2014, 04:50:02 AM »

Well done Alex! Good luck for the rest of your events Smiley
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17945 on: December 10, 2014, 12:37:20 PM »

http://blog.worldpokertour.com/alex-goulder-emerges-victorious-partypoker-wpt-national-prague/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17946 on: December 10, 2014, 12:39:56 PM »

Is that a reallllly big table, or has Alex shrunk?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #17947 on: December 11, 2014, 08:01:00 AM »

Wow ...
I've only just seen this well done Alex awesome !

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17948 on: December 11, 2014, 11:03:38 AM »

Hey Alex , well done on your win, watched the stream , thought you played excellent.
The call with the nines was a beauty, how many times out of ten you reckon you would make that call, or would it be more situation at time dependent , than pure maths decision, if that makes sense lol .
Is the chinese tourney normal or pineapple?
Good luck anyway, and keep reports /write ups coming.

It was a kinda polarising bet, on AKQTx board, think he 3bets most Ax pre heads up and thats the only hand he MIGHT value bet on the river except for a straight. He defended so many hands like 96o 85o 93s that I just thought given he only bet 1/3 pot, so I only needed to be right 20% of the time I thought my 99 would be good there more than 20% of the time so flicked it in.

For balance, I also made an incorrect hero, which was pretty bad in hindsight, the 22 that stato alluded to in the post below yours!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17949 on: December 11, 2014, 11:23:49 AM »

Open Face Chinese World Championships

135 entries for €1k each, they paid 15 spots with €35k for first.

What a fantastic event this was. No headphones, no sunglasses, everyone just loves pineapple and was enjoying themselves so much. It was a much more "jolly" atmosphere than a regular tournament. I really enjoyed the first few hours, was playing against some pretty good players that I've played on tonybet online with. Then after a while I just found it so exhausting being involved in every hand and your brain just can't relax. I guess the fact that I was massively hungover and short of sleep from the night before made this 10x worse.

I went from 30k to 5k in the first level, but then spun that in 170k at peak which was a pretty decent stack. There was about 23 left. I was pretty excited to likely cash, and then try and make a run at the title. Imagine being able to say you were World Champion at something! And that belt! (you get a sick belt ftw lol). And the cash!

Then just got battered 3/4 hands on the trot and it was all gone. GG 20th!

Only Fred entered apart from me, he was 2nd to bust, re-entered and bust that too. DOH.

A fun ride, the structure needs some tweaking for next year, (the TB guys said that it might come to the UK in 2015...) but overall, a really really fun and enjoyable event.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17950 on: December 11, 2014, 08:35:27 PM »

A few pictures from the trip so far.

Click to see full-size image.

Ludo talks Deadman through his thought process in a recent hand

I stack multiple bros. Highlight of the OFC world championships.

They say a picture tells a thousand words.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #17951 on: December 11, 2014, 09:15:55 PM »

What a tremendous win, well played fella.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17952 on: December 11, 2014, 10:52:05 PM »

Wasted some run good in yesterdays 2k hiroller, I got in 6 allin situations, behind in all 6 and won 4 lol. Busted just off the money though.

Had a day looking round the city today with Victoria. I say "A day", we got out of bed and out the apartment at 4pm and were back before 6 because I had a stomach bug. Walked over the Charles Bridge, stunning as ever. Chilling out tonight before the EPT main tomorrow.

Victoria played a 30euro satellite to the 225 red bet open, which she won and then made day two which takes place tomorrow! Pretty excited for her. Gowan girl!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17953 on: December 12, 2014, 06:16:14 PM »

http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/tournaments/ept/2014/ept11-prague-goulders-golden-run-152797.shtml

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #17954 on: December 12, 2014, 07:13:35 PM »

Hahahaha Vamplew in that linked video man
Pages: 1 ... 1193 1194 1195 1196 [1197] 1198 1199 1200 1201 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: