blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:03:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272614 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1227 1228 1229 1230 [1231] 1232 1233 1234 1235 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2562308 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18450 on: August 28, 2015, 02:04:55 AM »

Haven't had a second to write really, been so busy playing or doing stuff.

Had bad day yesterday busting EPT Main on day 2, probably my 2nd favourite tournament of the year, then busted the 2k later on.

But bounced back in style today, going jet skiing in the afternoon which was fkn sick! And then won a seat to the 10k in a 1600 satellite, was a huge huge sweat too, had 1.5bbs, 2bbs, 3bbs etc at several points 3/4/5 off the seat etc. Had to win one all in, and sweet talk my way into several walks etc, was squeaky bum time for about 2 hours! Would hate to pure bubble one of those, hope I never have to - horrible experience!

So I'm buzzing now, huge tournament, huge field expected, let's fkn go!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18451 on: August 30, 2015, 04:52:02 PM »

I busted the hiroller on the last hand of day 1. Enjoyed the day for the most part, felt really good and comfortable, but ran really dry during the second half of the day. I peaked at 80k from 50 but couldn't win a pot thereafter and busted in a semi-cooler, but feel I misplayed it. Disappointed given what a big and amazing tournament it was. Pretty much my feelings after every tournament this trip, they've all been so good.

Yesterday I played the 500 turbo (#lovethegame obv) then the 2k, but no good. Was on the fence about when to leave but decided to grind cash for the rest of the evening and go home today. I sat in a 5/10 game and decided to wait for the bb. This took so long to come round and the table looked so miserable that before I was even dealt in a single hand, I got up and cashed out, booking the next flight home in the process. That was in 2 hours and cost almost 400 euros. I was pretty over it, and especially when I tried to cash in my euro deposit and all the chips I had on me, asking for 500 euro notes, and the cashiers just mugged me off massively telling me they only gave those for big payments!

I then did something pretty out of character and decided to try and freeroll my flight home and put 400 euros on black to cheer me up figuring I wouldn't be anymore tilted if I lost lol.

It rolled in black and I left on a very mini high!

My plan was to surprise Victoria who was at a birthday party in London. I tracked down the address doing some sick detective work, and got a taxi there from the airport. I rang to make sure she was still there (this was like 1 or 2am) and she said everyone was leaving, she would go too. Now I had to persuade her to stay alone at a party for 20 minutes in a way that wouldn't give the surprise up.

Long story short, it didn't work, I arrived at the address and she had gone home! Epic, and expensive fail.

Oh well, it's the thought that counts and I'm happy to be home as always and spending the day on the sofa watching Warbs on the EPT live stream. Go on lad!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18452 on: August 30, 2015, 05:24:53 PM »

Considering you knocked it in pretty bad, then the romantic coup failed, that's a grand report Alex.

Where next?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18453 on: August 30, 2015, 05:41:33 PM »

Considering you knocked it in pretty bad, then the romantic coup failed, that's a grand report Alex.

Where next?

Next stop is Croatia on Friday!

That's a family holiday though - pros of having divorced parents = 2x holidays per summer! That's a new country for me, haven't been to many new ones lately and read only good things about it.

After that is Amsterdam the following weekend, also, somehow, a new country for me. Again not for poker, for Keith's stag do.

Then I guess Malta in October, but on the fence about that one. Will play quite a few UK things over the next few months, concentrating on cash games though.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18454 on: August 31, 2015, 07:31:49 PM »

Got a letter today from Halifax saying they're closing my bank account. I've had that account for 13/14 years and it's been so good to me. Why would they do this?! So tilted.

Where next?

To rub it in, also got 2x fines from Derby Council of all places for driving in bus lanes. FFS. Not a good post-opening sesh.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #18455 on: August 31, 2015, 07:40:08 PM »

Got a letter today from Halifax saying they're closing my bank account. I've had that account for 13/14 years and it's been so good to me. Why would they do this?! So tilted.

Where next?

To rub it in, also got 2x fines from Derby Council of all places for driving in bus lanes. FFS. Not a good post-opening sesh.

Don't like gamblers I would imagine. Plenty of gamblers have bank accounts closed with certain companies with no credit issues or debts just because they have gambling transactions on them.   Go to nationwide.  I have pumped through insane amounts of gambling stuff over ten years with no issue.  Paid big amounts of cash into branches no questions.

I got an email recently offering £100 for both parties recommending a friend if you are interested? Pm me.

Nationwides flex plus account £10 a month is top rated by martin Lewis the money guru with loads of added value extras for the fee,  most of which would benefit you if not all.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 07:57:23 PM by arbboy » Logged
NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #18456 on: August 31, 2015, 08:53:08 PM »

Where next?

Don't like gamblers I would imagine. Plenty of gamblers have bank accounts closed with certain companies with no credit issues or debts just because they have gambling transactions on them.   Go to nationwide.  I have pumped through insane amounts of gambling stuff over ten years with no issue.  Paid big amounts of cash into branches no questions.

I got an email recently offering £100 for both parties recommending a friend if you are interested? Pm me.

Nationwides flex plus account £10 a month is top rated by martin Lewis the money guru with loads of added value extras for the fee,  most of which would benefit you if not all.

Subtle as ever. "Look at me aren't I great? Have I ever mentioned I gamble for a living and I am great at it?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #18457 on: August 31, 2015, 08:56:10 PM »

Where next?

Don't like gamblers I would imagine. Plenty of gamblers have bank accounts closed with certain companies with no credit issues or debts just because they have gambling transactions on them.   Go to nationwide. I have pumped through insane amounts of gambling stuff over ten years with no issue.  Paid big amounts of cash into branches no questions.

Subtle as ever. "Look at me aren't I great? Have I ever mentioned I gamble for a living and I am great at it?

WTF is wrong with some people?  Me and Alex amongst numerous dozens of others on here are pro gamblers.  Alex has asked a very specific question about his bank account being closed which happens frequently to pro gamblers.  I have given him a reason why.  I am sure anyone who has been a professional gambler for 10+ years has had insane amounts of gambling stuff on their bank statement and has paid big amounts of cash into their bank account.  It is hardly a brag or a look at me i am famous post.  If i run a pub i would be depositing loads of cash into my account every day and having plenty of banking transactions with my customers and suppliers in just the same way.  It is just a job my friend.  The comments were intended to inform Alex that Nationwide don't care as much about closing accounts for gambling transactions as other banks.

When did i mention how great i was at any stage during my post btw?  Why do you feel the need to get involved fwiw?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 08:59:57 PM by arbboy » Logged
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18458 on: August 31, 2015, 09:02:42 PM »

Lol, if you ran a pub, the last thing you would be doing is depositing large amounts of cash in every day. Surely you mean withdrawing large amounts? Smiley

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #18459 on: August 31, 2015, 09:06:22 PM »

Lol, if you ran a pub, the last thing you would be doing is depositing large amounts of cash in every day. Surely you mean withdrawing large amounts? Smiley

If i run a pub i would be skint and dead by now just like if you owned a Nando's!
NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #18460 on: August 31, 2015, 09:09:13 PM »

Lol. cool ya boots.  I Understand ur a pro gambler, It seems like u take every opportunity to tell everyone,  I would imagine there are lots of pro gamblers who do pay lots thru their A/cs but they just don't mention it very often? No harm intended, it just amuses me in a lot of  your posts you seem to mention it in some way shape or form either mug punters. pro gamblers, betfair or similar.  
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #18461 on: August 31, 2015, 09:12:01 PM »

Lol. cool ya boots.  I Understand ur a pro gambler, It seems like u take every opportunity to tell everyone,  I would imagine there are lots of pro gamblers who do pay lots thru their A/cs but they just don't mention it very often? No harm intended, it just amuses me in a lot of  your posts you seem to mention it in some way shape or form either mug punters. pro gamblers, betfair or similar.  

In my original post though i didn't state anywhere i was a pro gambler though might be worth rechecking!!!  Your eyes must be going mad.  Spec savers will be open tomorrow after the bank holiday.  Suggest a visit.

As for mentioned the aforementioned words given this is a gambling forum and i post on here mostly to discuss sports betting why are you surprised i use those sayings a lot?  Why does it bother you so much to post?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 09:18:18 PM by arbboy » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #18462 on: August 31, 2015, 09:13:58 PM »

LOL @ either of you two in charge of a pub/nandos!

He does, but I think in the circumstances it was a very relevant point...  Could be worthing cooling your boots, too Smiley

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #18463 on: August 31, 2015, 09:16:51 PM »

Just caught up on the reports from Barca, and hope that the next trip coughs up some gold!

GL with the banking, too.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18464 on: August 31, 2015, 09:21:14 PM »

Can't be a very good pro gambler if he is trying to get 100 quid referral fee Smiley

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 ... 1227 1228 1229 1230 [1231] 1232 1233 1234 1235 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: