blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:20:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1228 1229 1230 1231 [1232] 1233 1234 1235 1236 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2562435 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #18465 on: August 31, 2015, 09:23:33 PM »

Can't be a very good pro gambler if he is trying to get 100 quid referral fee Smiley

Hourly's ain't what they used to be son!  Just read the T&C's and it is liable to income tax!!! Cheesy
NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #18466 on: August 31, 2015, 09:23:50 PM »

I never once thought u did mention u were a pro gambler in last post.  I did think u  alluded to the fact u are a pro gambler tho and that u have pumped massive amounts through ur accounts due to ur massive gambling successes.  IMO You could of offered the advice to alex without mentioning how much you have put thru and in turn trying to convey how well u do.  Others don't come on and try to infer how well they are doing. Like I said it just amuses me. Those who have it don't need to shout about it. Just sayin.....  Defo nothing wrong with my eyes I know what I see.  
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18467 on: August 31, 2015, 09:27:16 PM »

Most interaction itt since 2013!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18468 on: August 31, 2015, 09:29:53 PM »

I never once thought u did mention u were a pro gambler in last post.  I did think u  alluded to the fact u are a pro gambler tho and that u have pumped massive amounts through ur accounts due to ur massive gambling successes.  IMO You could of offered the advice to alex without mentioning how much you have put thru and in turn trying to convey how well u do.  Others don't come on and try to infer how well they are doing. Like I said it just amuses me. Those who have it don't need to shout about it. Just sayin.....  Defo nothing wrong with my eyes I know what I see.  

Loads of poker money has been pumped through my accts over the years.

Doesn't mean I'm any good.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #18469 on: August 31, 2015, 09:34:37 PM »

Loads of poker money has been pumped through my accts over the years.

Doesn't mean I'm any good.

I gave up before loads of mine was being pumped around everyone else's.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #18470 on: August 31, 2015, 09:38:02 PM »

Glad you are amused.  Shame you still haven't grasped the main purpose of my original post and why i said what i said.  wp.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18471 on: August 31, 2015, 09:40:20 PM »

19 guests. Sign up. These updates are free.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #18472 on: August 31, 2015, 09:45:32 PM »

Glad you are amused.  Shame you still haven't grasped the main purpose of my original post and why i said what i said.  wp.

Lmao.. Stop being so defensive. I not attackin u,  I definitely did understand the point u were making in ur 1st post, You obv didn understand the point I was making, Lehmans terms You could of got ur point across without trying to tell us all once again what a billy big balls u r. WP  Wink
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #18473 on: August 31, 2015, 09:50:54 PM »

Lmao.. Stop being so defensive. I not attackin u,  I definitely did understand the point u were making in ur 1st post, You obv didn understand the point I was making, Lehmans terms You could of got ur point across without trying to tell us all once again what a billy big balls u r. WP  Wink

I was talking to Alex not yourself.  It is Alex's diary.  Didn't realise i needed your approval.  My bad.
NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #18474 on: August 31, 2015, 09:55:33 PM »

I was talking to Alex not yourself.  It is Alex's diary.  Didn't realise i needed your approval.  My bad.

Jus made a passinn comment on a public forum.  Think you might have piped up many more times than me, but if you feel ur opinion is more valid more than mine then I shall endevour not to tread on your toes again as I can tell ur a sensitive soul.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #18475 on: August 31, 2015, 11:00:07 PM »

NEWY it is 100% a relevant point as we can only presume the level of transactions is why alexs account has been closed. It wouldn't be of much value if I said my mum has had a HSBC account for 30 years when she doesn't have any significant gambling transactions/volumes that would highlight the account.

Perhaps arb could have presumed alex would have realised what he meant but presumption is the mother of all fuck ups.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18476 on: August 31, 2015, 11:07:59 PM »

Yeh tbh excuse the brag but I too have been known to do the odd large transaction, so it was quite important to know that this bank were not averse to that sort of activity.

I suppose Arrboy could have said what he said without mentioning the massive amounts, but only because I already happen know what a hi-rollin, super duper successful pro gambler he is from his other posts around the forum Cheesy

stirthepot

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #18477 on: August 31, 2015, 11:10:56 PM »

Yeh tbh excuse the brag but I too have been known to do the odd large transaction, so it was quite important to know that this bank were not averse to that sort of activity.

I suppose Arrboy could have said what he said without mentioning the massive amounts, but only because I already happen know what a hi-rollin, super duper successful pro gambler he is from his other posts around the forum Cheesy

stirthepot

Finally someone who gets it.. Grin Grin
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18478 on: August 31, 2015, 11:18:24 PM »

I had my HSBC account closed down a few years ago - and they told me it was because of the amount of transactions going through.

"You are using your account like a business account, and we charge people for business accounts"

"I don't mind paying, can I have a business account please?"

"You don't have a business, so no"

"Marvellous. Thanks for that"

So I moved to Natwest. Things were going well with them for a few years until they recently wrote to me telling me they were also closing my account down. I went into my branch and spoke to the manager who was about as unhelpful, dismissive and rude as possible. I asked her to find out why my account was going to be closed down.

"Natwest is not legally obliged to give a reason for our decision"

"Yes I know, I have already been on the financial ombudsman website and read that. However, I would still like to know the reason. Could you try to find out for me please?"

"Natwest is not legally obliged to give a reason for our decision"

"Yes you already mentioned that. I am not legally obliged to hold a door open for a stranger, but I usually try to help people out. Perhaps you could also try to help me?"

"I am not prepared to discuss this matter. We are not legally obliged to give a reason for our decision"

It was not a meeting of minds.

So I decided to open a new account at the Yorkshire Bank. The bank manager was very cool and helpful. She told me that I could use their switching service, which would mean all my direct debits (every bill is paid for this way so there are LOADS of them) would get transferred over from my Natwest account to my new Yorshire Bank account. This sounded brilliant since it would save me about 8 hours having to phone up every company and setting up new direct debits. She also told me they would give me £150 free money for switching accounts in this way. We set it all up the same day and I was told the account switch would go through exactly 8 days later, and I did not need to do anything. I was very happy.

The next week I got a letter from the Yorkshire Bank, and then a call from the manager, telling me that Natwest had blocked the account switch and that therefore they were unable to proceed. I was advised to contact Natwest and find out what the issue was. So I went into Natwest again and spoke to the manager. She was rude and dismissive again, refusing to go out of her way to help. All she did was to give me a phone number to call to discuss it. It was an 0800 number so I was obviously rather sceptical that this would get me through to anyone other than a young kid in a call center who could not help me at all. But she said, "No, no... that number will get you straight through to the account switching team and they will help you".

I phoned the number and of course got through to a poor kid in a call center who clearly wanted to help, but obviously had no power to either find out any information at all, nor to make any decisions. He said he would transfer me directly to the person who makes the decisions. I was on hold for 25 mins and then got through to a competent and confident sounding lady. Turns out she was neither competent nor confident and she was unable to help me either. The only bit of relevant information she gave me was that my account switch had been blocked because Natwest policy is not to allow account switches to go through if they have already marked that account for future closure. This seemed ridiculous of course... if they have told me my account is to be closed why would they block me from having all my direct debits transferred in the easiest manner possible? I pointed this out to her and asked her to make it so that my account switch would be allowed to go through. She told me she was unable to do that, she had no decision making power at all. I requested to speak to someone who DID have decision making power. She said, "Sure, I will transfer you through now". I said, "That's cool. But first, can you please give me the number you are transferring me through to... just in case we get cut off". "Of course, " she said, "the number is 0800..." ... and proceeded to read out the 0800 number I had been originally given. She was going to transfer me back to the same place that had put me through to her!

That is only half the story, and it gets much, much worse. But I have ranted enough. Sorry for the tl;dr nature of this rant.

Cliffs: Banks suck.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18479 on: August 31, 2015, 11:28:02 PM »

Good grief, that is an astonishing story,

PS - I am not a pro gambler, don't do large transactions, and am a pauper. In yer eye Argue and Posh Lad.

😎

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 1228 1229 1230 1231 [1232] 1233 1234 1235 1236 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: