blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:57:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 370 371 [372] 373 374 375 376 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2561989 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #5565 on: December 02, 2011, 05:31:30 AM »

Thigh, Stato and Mitch have been in London the last couple of days playing cash and have come back with some worrying tales. Not gonna name names but I understand silly sums of money were changing hands in the hotel room doing flips etc. It's gone far too far and we've all decided to take a serious measure to massively reduce this sort of 0ev gambling. I don't believe I personally have anywhere near the amount of degeneracy inside me as one or two of the others but I'm a team player, and I'm in it for the moral support.

We've decided on a bet, the rules of which have to be written here.

1. No house games: if caught £200 to live update fund

2. Flips, flop games etc have a max bet of £25 per person and no one person can lose more than £200 in a day (day = midday to midday): if they chose to keep playing, £200 to live update fund

3. CCR allowed, but only for deciding group benefits which have no real money value, ie. can pay for a meal, but not to decide who wins £400

4. No other betting games allowed when playing poker, £200 to live update fund penalty.

5. One £50 omaha flip at the end of a session, any more and it's £200 to live update fund.

Neil Giblin has agreed (he doesn't know this yet) to be the judge in case of dispute. Neil, the spirit of the bet is to help each other, not to screw each other over by trickery, so bear that in mind. E.g. imo, if someone is knocking in 150 at flop games, but lost 30 earlier in the day, it's bad form not to remind that person that they're near the daily limit.

The bet ends 31st December officially but may continue for longer.
It's sad reading that, I know inside that it's not going to affect me personally, I'm always called out for being a nit for refusing to do £100 flips etc, that's just me, my brain doesn't work that way. Can't hurt to be part of the bet though, as I do occasionally drop the odd score on the wheel or do my nuts in flop games to tom or andy.

Could be a good month for the update fund, though I sincerely hope no donations have to be made, and that one of us binks the deepstack or the gsop in prague and make a generous donation instead. I for one promise to make a donation should I have any success this month. GL us.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 05:55:00 AM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #5566 on: December 02, 2011, 05:41:47 AM »

Thigh, Stato and Mitch have been in London the last couple of days playing cash and have come back with some worrying tales. Not gonna name names but I understand silly sums of money were changing hands in the hotel room doing flips etc. It's gone far too far and we've all decided to take a serious measure to massively reduce this sort of 0ev gambling.

Very discrete.

Deffo needed sorting. Hard to start a game with a level head when you need to win X amount of buy ins to get even for what you lost before you got out of the hotel.

Friendly banter FTW.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 05:57:38 AM by Mitch » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5567 on: December 02, 2011, 07:37:11 AM »

Readers of blonde, celebrate this day, years & years of Live Update funding are now secured.

Excellent.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #5568 on: December 02, 2011, 08:07:25 AM »

Neil Giblin has agreed (he doesn't know this yet) to be the judge in case of dispute.

This is fine, of course.

Pretty easy to get sucked into all of this sillyness.......I do more than my share of stupid 0EV and -EV gambling.
Fairly straightforward to get out of it though I would imagine.

Good luck to all of you. Hope my role is purely for ceremonial purposes.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #5569 on: December 02, 2011, 08:20:53 AM »

Neil Giblin has agreed (he doesn't know this yet) to be the judge in case of dispute.

This is fine, of course.

Pretty easy to get sucked into all of this sillyness.......I do more than my share of stupid 0EV and -EV gambling.

details pls

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5570 on: December 02, 2011, 08:41:28 AM »

This is fine, of course.

details pls

Poker

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Mondeoman

View Profile
« Reply #5571 on: December 02, 2011, 09:42:56 AM »

Wtf? How am I supposed to make a profit in the cash games without a dozen Omaha flip at the end of the night?
If you get Terry to sign up to this there will be serious trouble.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #5572 on: December 02, 2011, 12:29:22 PM »

So last night was pretty damn good for morale. I ended up winning over 1.3k in that 50/1 game, eclipsing my biggest ever win on 50/1 and that 1.2k pot was about 500 more than my previous biggest ever 50/1 pot.

It's strange, nights like that make it all seem worth it, the 7k downswing was worth enduring so I could have that 1.3k win. Weird. It totally renewed my love for the game, I just absolutely loved it. Maybe my brain works like a machine now and I just enjoy winning 13 buyins.

Tom kindly reminded me that if I ran like that at 2/5 it would've been 6.7k...I did feel a bit annoyed that I run like that on 50/1 but can't hold in a 2.6k pot with top set vs a FD. Or avoid KK vs AA coolers for 2k pots. One day I'll run good in the big games again and it'll be awesome. Maybe even win a tournament again soon...

If the game had been 2/5 do you think you you would've called the £1400 with a pair of tens?

It's obviously the same number of bbs but much easier to flick it in when it only £280.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5573 on: December 02, 2011, 03:48:17 PM »

This is fine, of course.

details pls

Poker

Boshi you're such a pro thumbs up

PRAGUEAMENTS SOOOON!
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #5574 on: December 02, 2011, 04:44:17 PM »

This is fine, of course.

details pls

Poker

A++++++++
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #5575 on: December 03, 2011, 06:38:27 AM »

Showed excellent self conrol here not to get involved and pay the update fund £200...

http://www.youtube.com/user/BDPDraw?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/lOu59iReYdE

zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: December 03, 2011, 07:19:59 AM »

Showed excellent self conrol here not to get involved and pay the update fund £200...

http://www.youtube.com/user/BDPDraw?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/lOu59iReYdE

m. b. n.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #5577 on: December 03, 2011, 09:02:01 PM »

So last night was pretty damn good for morale. I ended up winning over 1.3k in that 50/1 game, eclipsing my biggest ever win on 50/1 and that 1.2k pot was about 500 more than my previous biggest ever 50/1 pot.

It's strange, nights like that make it all seem worth it, the 7k downswing was worth enduring so I could have that 1.3k win. Weird. It totally renewed my love for the game, I just absolutely loved it. Maybe my brain works like a machine now and I just enjoy winning 13 buyins.

Tom kindly reminded me that if I ran like that at 2/5 it would've been 6.7k...I did feel a bit annoyed that I run like that on 50/1 but can't hold in a 2.6k pot with top set vs a FD. Or avoid KK vs AA coolers for 2k pots. One day I'll run good in the big games again and it'll be awesome. Maybe even win a tournament again soon...

If the game had been 2/5 do you think you you would've called the £1400 with a pair of tens?

It's obviously the same number of bbs but much easier to flick it in when it only £280.

corrrrrect.

and Mitch you massive nit Smiley

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #5578 on: December 04, 2011, 05:05:13 AM »

CONFIRMED HEATER

Bwin - playing a lot, even fading the midweek games at DTD now to play online. Played 5000 hands winning about 2.5k this week, since i've got HEM up and running its tracking my winrate at 16bb/100 which I'd love to be sustainable but obviously won't be. Even if I could win 4bb/100, I'm playing about 400 hands /hr 4-6 tabling, so that's like 16bb/hour or 32$, that'd be great. Running a lot above EV, really enjoying that Tongue It's got me playing at 28/23/9.

Live cash - played some good 1/2 and 2/5 games at DTD today, ran well, up 1k.

Staking - my horse won a seat to the deepstack through the final table challenge this month, so I'm freerolling 50% of his action, he's made day two with a decent 66k stack. Gogo him.

HU cash - Tom and I played a massive fish stato last night on stars at 100nl and wounded his soul repeatedly.

Other rungoodaments - Hannah cooked me a fry up this morning and brought it to me in bed at 130pm so I'd feel better about getting up early to play the deepstack day 1b. Sure worked, was so good I went straight back to sleep until 4 Cheesy

Enjoying this change in fortune greatly, since Tuesday, up almost 4k pounds, yummy Smiley Housemates also getting the LOT, Tom and Andy both on heaters. #goldenipaddress

love december, #lovethegame

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #5579 on: December 04, 2011, 11:46:04 AM »

wat an incredible existence, 3 week downswings are basically just herpes which turns out to be a small inflation caused by giving your boxer shorts to hen party on a night out when your wearing jeans

Pages: 1 ... 368 369 370 371 [372] 373 374 375 376 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: