blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 01:41:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273467 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 654 655 656 657 [658] 659 660 661 662 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2594523 times)
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #9855 on: August 27, 2012, 05:34:31 PM »

i believe 180s are fine, think its 45mans. As you said though, MTT's are totally fine to stars

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #9856 on: August 27, 2012, 05:43:02 PM »

I played the DTD head hunter yesterday. It's a 60+20+5reg fee bounty comp, with a 50k guarantee. Looked pretty decent, and I'm sure it would've been, but I wasn't in very long!

I don't know how easy it is to implement software changes, but surely the money it cost would be negligible compared to the revenue increased traffic would generate.

For me it's the popups that are the main thing, and not being able to type in bet sizes. Anyway, the comp looked like good value and the satellites they run on there of course are amazing value. It's not DTDs fault about the software of course, and I'm sure they've been told plenty of times about the issues from "moaning poker players"!

Getting really excited about the £500 now...gonna be immense!

Hi there , u CAN type ur bet sizes on Dtd website when playing.
Ask me n I will show u how to do it .
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #9857 on: August 27, 2012, 06:17:44 PM »

180's are definitely ok as Joobs & I used to play them together. Can't remember whether 45's are though.
Fenix35

View Profile
« Reply #9858 on: August 29, 2012, 02:29:13 PM »

not sure about stars but i know full tilt you could play the 90man sngs but not the 45 sngs on the same ip. Wouldn't be suprised if it was the same
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9859 on: August 29, 2012, 02:47:26 PM »

Thanks for bumping this thread Ben, I've sort of forgotten about it in the wilderness over here. Nah not really, just haven't had much to write about. Had a LOVELY time the last few days. They treat me like such a king in this place, and I have a good rapport with all the staff (especially the hot receptionist zomg) even though they speak no english and my spanish is terrible. We've taken to sort of playing Charades to get our message across. And then when they say the spanish for it, and I remember it, it's like YES! Like yesterday I was trying to say I was sad to be leaving, had no idea, so did a "crying" motion and she was like "Ahhh TRISTE" and I was like "TRISTE SIIIII!". (Sorry about all the "likes", I'm just writing how I talk right now!)

So I'm flying home tomorrow, really excited about the month ahead, going to be totally focussed on grinding because it's WCOOP (taking some big shots) and there's another online thing on I want to hammer really hard and try and make shit loads of $$. There's also the Deepstack with a £500k guarantee which promises to be off the hook! AND UKIPT Newcastle! So loads going on. We're also planning a house warming party and we've just booked our flights for the start of October for the next trip on the team eureka journey.....LATVIA oioi!!!

There's a Eureka Poker Tour event there, so we're going along a) because we love eastern europe and b) the eureka tours are superb value, excellently run by stars of course and c) nice level of buyin for everybody (think its a 1k or 1500 main). Pretty excited about that!

So it's lock down from 2nd September. So the diary might not be that interesting next month, so INSTEAD, I've decided to dig up my hand written diary from my 3 month trip to KENYA in 2008 and transcribe it here, with photos and video too. Really hope I can find that diary, I know there's some great stories in there and I think you guys will find it really interesting, totally different culture/way of life, and perhaps see a different side to me (2008 was before I got into poker!) so I think it'll be a nice little feature.

I'm home on the 31st, having dinner with the family to celebrate Bobby's A level results (he got into Oxford comfortably with I think A*, A*, A (or the equivalent, there's some funny system with Music, but basically he got nut, nut, 2nd nut - thought 2nd nut is still the equivalent to an A in the old system, they've just added the A* level because too many people were getting AAA), so he smashed it and we're celebrating on Friday night.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 02:49:58 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #9860 on: August 29, 2012, 02:55:28 PM »

Terrible choice of university. Shocking.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9861 on: August 29, 2012, 02:57:18 PM »

Thin Cambridge brags

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #9862 on: August 29, 2012, 03:04:57 PM »

Thin Cambridge brags

LOL. Yes work hard, kids, get a degree and you too can be in an office checking updates on blonde poker...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9863 on: August 29, 2012, 03:17:13 PM »

so INSTEAD, I've decided to dig up my hand written diary from my 3 month trip to KENYA in 2008 and transcribe it here, with photos and video too. Really hope I can find that diary, I know there's some great stories in there and I think you guys will find it really interesting, totally different culture/way of life, and perhaps see a different side to me (2008 was before I got into poker!) so I think it'll be a nice little feature.

Great news. Kenya is my favourite location in Africa, parts of it are stunningly beautiful, so green & lush, reminding me very much of rolling English countryside. Those giant centipedes are a bit freaky though, when you tread on one & they "crunch"........

PS - congrats on Bobby's exam results.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #9864 on: August 29, 2012, 03:20:18 PM »

Thin Cambridge brags

LOL. Yes work hard, kids, get a degree and you too can be in an office checking updates on blonde poker...

Living the dream.

Allez!!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9865 on: August 29, 2012, 10:02:42 PM »

In Medellin right now, decided to get a bowl hotel this time since I'm getting up at 5am tomorrow and I've been knocking it in last few days lol! So I'm experiencing the poorer side of the city which I haven't before. I don't really like, first time I've felt a bit uneasy walking around, really didn't fit in or feel 100% safe. Nothing happened in partciular I just hand my hands in my pockets all the time and didn't fancy saying out for too long. Came across a nice plaza though and took some pics.

Click to see full-size image.

And this was my "last supper" in my paradise spot in El Penon

nommm steakkk nommm milkshake!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9866 on: August 29, 2012, 10:51:31 PM »

No more poker for the month so can do

August Results

Live Cash: £25 (boom)
Online Cash: £424
Live MTTs: £1800
Online MTTs: £2314

TOTAL PROFIT: £ 4,563

I had to include the LAPT main event buy-in as a loss since I remembered I included winning the seat as a profit in last months results. No idea how many hours I've played, but happy with the month of course, looking good to match lasts years earnings or surpass them with some run good leading up to Christmas!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #9867 on: August 29, 2012, 11:13:28 PM »

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9868 on: August 29, 2012, 11:16:16 PM »

Brilliant numbers.

Some talk the talk, Alex walks the walk.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9869 on: August 30, 2012, 02:36:25 AM »

Times are hard...tonight I had a pitiful dinner of an "empenada carne" (meat-filled pastry) with a coke.

And I walked out without paying by accident!

Can't remember ever doing that before, was sooooooooo embarrasing! The guy came running after me down the street, was pretty scared at first! The bill was only £1.20 too! I made sure I left a "baller" tip to apologise!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 654 655 656 657 [658] 659 660 661 662 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: