blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 06:29:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273345 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1130 1131 1132 1133 [1134] 1135 1136 1137 1138 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2591109 times)
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #16995 on: October 28, 2013, 09:19:23 AM »

Till date, never understood the concept of trolling until I saw this!!!What a tosser!

To be honest, I'm not convinced it is trolling.

I've raised the matter on the Mods Board, but the lazy buggers are all still tucked up in bed, so there has been no comments yet.

My view is that this is just a very bitter individual, rather than a troll as such. I may, of course, be completely wrong. That may not, of course, be the first time.....

If it's generally felt that Alex's Diary or blonde is being dedegraded by the attacks, we'll remove them soon enough, but, you know, sometimes it's best to let people see the sort of stuff successful individuals get subjected to.

Alex is off to Riga this morning I believe (weather & haircut permitting...) to see his young Lady, so I'm sure he'll cope just fine. 

To be fair it has the makings of troll like behaviour.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16996 on: October 28, 2013, 09:23:42 AM »

Till date, never understood the concept of trolling until I saw this!!!What a tosser!

I've raised the matter on the Mods Board, but the lazy buggers are all still tucked up in bed, so there has been no comments yet.

My view is that this is just a very bitter individual, rather than a troll as such. I may, of course, be completely wrong. That may not, of course, be the first time.....

If it's generally felt that Alex's Diary or blonde is being dedegraded by the attacks, we'll remove them soon enough, but, you know, sometimes it's best to let people see the sort of stuff successful individuals get subjected to.

Alex is off to Riga this morning I believe (weather & haircut permitting...) to see his young Lady, so I'm sure he'll cope just fine. 

It does indeed, I would not argue with that.

It's not an easy thing to clearly define though. Maybe the rest of the Mods will agree with you, & we'll remove the stuff, but you know, there are always ructions & "martyr" threads when we identify & act against trolls.

Measure twice, cut once works for me. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #16997 on: October 28, 2013, 09:27:37 AM »

It's not an easy thing to clearly define though. Maybe the rest of the Mods will agree with you, & we'll remove the stuff, but you know, there are always ructions & "martyr" threads when we identify & act against trolls.

Although 2 wrongs dont make a right, and some of the abuse back is abit personal and ott.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16998 on: October 28, 2013, 09:29:59 AM »

Although 2 wrongs dont make a right, and some of the abuse back is abit personal and ott.

Well yes, it never makes any sense for grown-ups to descend to the same level. I don't like to see it either, but it's natural for people to defend their friends. Give it a few hours, & you'll see some more subtle rejoinders once Team Clever wake up.   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16999 on: October 28, 2013, 09:36:04 AM »

I'll have you know I've been up for hours.

FWIW I think Mr Fiasco has a point. It's time for the posh bugger to stop enjoying life and make an effort to be as miserable as circumstances will allow.

Millions of people can't be wrong.

DISCLAIMER.

I must have posted this just seconds after you made the post above,

I have no affiliation whatsoever with team clever.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 09:38:10 AM by RED-DOG » Logged

The older I get, the better I was.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #17000 on: October 28, 2013, 09:37:39 AM »

tbf the guy is probably just leathered and saying what he feels, im sure he will feel silly this morning.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17001 on: October 28, 2013, 09:39:42 AM »

I'll have you know I've been up for hours.

FWIW I think Mr Fiasco has a point. It's time for the posh bugger to stop enjoying life and make an effort to be as miserable as circumstances will allow.

Millions of people can't be wrong.

DISCLAIMER.

I must have posted this just seconds after you made the post above,

I have no affiliation whatsoever with team clever.

Exactly, what right has anyone to be happy & enjoy life?

We get dealt life's cards in the ovarian shuffle, & just have to play them best we can.

I ws not suggesting for a moment you were a Member of Team Clever of course. They are all still in bed.

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #17002 on: October 28, 2013, 09:41:32 AM »

SOOO GUTTED!!!!!!  We finally get some action on blonde and I miss it!!!!!!

At the start I was just hoping that Herbie had found a way back.  But to register with the same email address that you use for your facebook whilst trying to remain anonymous is absolute gold.  Blonde deserves a better class of troll.  I BELIEVE IN JASON HERBERT!!!!!!!!

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17003 on: October 28, 2013, 09:42:40 AM »

"The ovarian shuffle". Excellent.

I will be stealing that.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17004 on: October 28, 2013, 09:45:11 AM »

tbf the guy is probably just leathered and saying what he feels, im sure he will feel silly this morning.

I would like to point out that in the spirit of friendship and harmony, I resisted this open goal.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17005 on: October 28, 2013, 09:49:43 AM »

I will be stealing that.

I stole it, with a slight amendment, from a Gent called Warren Buffett.

He constantly refers to the fact he was born into a society that perfectly suited his skillsets & enabled him to become successful & wealthy to an unbelievable degree.

His point was that if he had been born in, say, Finland, Tonga, Bangladesh or Fiji, life would not have turned out for him the way it did.

He called it the ovarian lottery.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17006 on: October 28, 2013, 09:55:49 AM »

I will be stealing that.

He constantly refers to the fact he was born into a society that perfectly suited his skillsets & enabled him to become successful & wealthy to an unbelievable degree.

His point was that if he had been born in, say, Finland, Tonga, Bangladesh or Fiji, life would not have turned out for him the way it did.

I wonder if it's really true of Mr Buffet and other successful people though? (Bearing in mind success and wealth are not synonymous). Perhaps his real skillset is adapting to the situation and overcoming difficulties.

AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17007 on: October 28, 2013, 09:59:14 AM »

Obviously attacking Alex in his own diary and in such a personal way is totally out of order and I don't condone it in the slightest. I've got a lot of enjoyment from reading this blog and Alex seems like one of the good guys to me.

But as Tikay suggests there is a nugget of something interesting in what he has to say. I've met a lot of poker pros, especially some of the big US stars, who undoubtedly have taken risks, played above their roll etc safe in the knowledge they have the parachute of rich parents. The same is true in business without a shadow of doubt.

To repeat I'm not saying Alex is one of them, I just thought it was an interesting point. Maybe just to me...
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17008 on: October 28, 2013, 10:03:16 AM »

I will be stealing that.

I wonder if it's really true of Mr Buffet and other successful people though? (Bearing in mind success and wealth are not synonymous). Perhaps his real skillset is adapting to the situation and overcoming difficulties.

I'm sure he would have been successful wherever he was born, but only in THAT Country, at THAT time, ciuld he have been so stunningly succesful, everything just fitted perfectly.

Imagine how different your life had been if you had been born in, say, Peru, or Kazahkstan.

And it really brings us back neatly to Alex really. Everything sort of fitted nicely for him. Have to say, though, I don't have an ounce, iota, or scintilla of jealousy or resentment to him for that, & I find it very odd that anyone would or could be resentful of anyone who does well for themself, silver spoon or not. We inhabit a very odd world.   

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17009 on: October 28, 2013, 10:04:53 AM »

Obviously attacking Alex in his own diary and in such a personal way is totally out of order and I don't condone it in the slightest. I've got a lot of enjoyment from reading this blog and Alex seems like one of the good guys to me.

But as Tikay suggests there is a nugget of something interesting in what he has to say. I've met a lot of poker pros, especially some of the big US stars, who undoubtedly have taken risks, played above their roll etc safe in the knowledge they have the parachute of rich parents. The same is true in business without a shadow of doubt.

To repeat I'm not saying Alex is one of them, I just thought it was an interesting point. Maybe just to me...

Of course the opposing argument would be that it's more difficult for Alex because his parents expect him to succeed.

He is always going to be under pressure to make good on his privileged start and expensive education.

Tough gig IMO.

Pages: 1 ... 1130 1131 1132 1133 [1134] 1135 1136 1137 1138 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: