blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:32:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The chuckle chronicles
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The chuckle chronicles  (Read 202623 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2011, 05:09:22 PM »

Yep well and truly on the bandwagon although will probably update once every blonde bash
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 10:44:39 AM by George2Loose » Logged

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 05:10:59 PM »

Needs more smileys imo

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 05:11:34 PM »

Do you ever plan on playing online again?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 05:20:19 PM »

Tonight my friend. I was working till 10 last night.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 05:30:11 PM »

Hi George

Where/what/why do you work? If you didn't have a family do you think you would be more aggresive with your money/try and take poker alot more seriously?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 07:34:17 PM »

OK so this diary is 3 fold:

1) To have something to look back on when I reach Tikay's age

2) To keep in mind goals for the year- poker and non poker related (I haven't finalised these yet but will be putting them up)

3) To put up tourney reports- I'm usually good at these- WSOP ME event aside.

It's fair to say 2010 has not been my greatest year- I've lost a lot of poker roll taking too many big shots trying to "make it". The whole Blatch saga ruined what was supposed to be a trip of a lifetime to Vegas and my eldest two became teenagers. Sigh!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 07:38:12 PM »

Hi George

Where/what/why do you work? If you didn't have a family do you think you would be more aggresive with your money/try and take poker alot more seriously?

Hi mate,

I currently work for a call centre out sourcer. We provide call centre solutions for firms mainly in the public sector. Currently we run the telephony channel for Next Step- a careers advice service for over 19's.

I am in middle management and tbh don't enjoy it as much as I used to. Poker has always been my way out but it's tough because of the family. Shelley doesn't work which I'm really pleased about. Poker has always supplemented by income.

I have always taken my poker seriously- I am so keen to learn. My biggest problem is levelling myself and trying to win every pot. I'm under no illlusion- I'm not as good as some but much better than others. When people call be terrible it doesn't bother me. Some of the best are potless cos they don't understand the value of money and I spose it's tough to understand that when your 18 and winning the world. (end Tikay stlyle rant)

Anyway hope that answers your question!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
the rage

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 08:44:43 AM »

Good Luck with the diary George, and very well played on your recent visit to Stoke.
 Do you have any tips / advice that you are prepared to share, for someone like myself who is trying to improve as a live tournament player?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 09:28:11 AM »

Tonight my friend. I was working till 10 last night.

Did you play online poker last night George?

If so, how did you do?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
BAM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 10:14:49 AM »

Are you still reeling/tilting/chuckling from only managing a lowly 3rd place in the APAT European Championship, if so please can I be on your table this Saturday?

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 03:52:51 PM »

Good Luck with the diary George, and very well played on your recent visit to Stoke.
 Do you have any tips / advice that you are prepared to share, for someone like myself who is trying to improve as a live tournament player?

Thx mate was good to meet you.

Live pokers- get a read on each player and play accordingly. Live players will tend to play face up. Don't pay off too many river bets- they always have it

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 04:11:26 PM »

Are you still reeling/tilting/chuckling from only managing a lowly 3rd place in the APAT European Championship, if so please can I be on your table this Saturday?

None of the above obv wanted to win tho.

If I wasnt going to win it there was only one man that I would want to take the title- but I run so bad that you beat darren heads up.

Oh and cant make it Sat so you will have to miscount someone elses stack xx

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Rod

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 05:00:28 PM »

Will be reading this with interest and also be looking out for any tournament advice George might want to share.

Are you going to update this one more than your APAT one then :-)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 05:23:11 PM »

Will be reading this with interest and also be looking out for any tournament advice George might want to share.

Are you going to update this one more than your APAT one then :-)

Gonna try!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 05:29:02 PM »

OK so basically I all but bust my poker roll. Its important for me to keep things seperate- a lot of my wins are swallowed by day to day expenses but Id managed to put some money aside for my poker roll.

I think Ive learnt a really important lesson about bankroll management and I think you can only really truly learn this lesson going through what Ive gone through recently. The occasional shot is fine but variance mixed with some pretty shit play during the back end of 2010 has been my downfall.

It was just too easy to dip into my roll and stick a shed load online and play Sundays when I wasnt really in the mood for playing or playing particularly well. Id always prided myself on keeping up with the game, reading, learning keeping one step ahead but I had got lazy.

ATM I am grinding the 26 manners online for none other than Costas. Hes really helped me out and is ridic understanding about backing me. I got off to a flyer but things have slowed down a little lately. I was putting in a ton of volume early but just lately have been playing live more.

Ive always been the type of person who will play online for 6 months and berate/hate live poker and not bother with it and then vice versa. Its obv not always easy to put in the time with a family but Im going to try and grind more online- its the only way to make money at this game unless you have perma run good- put the time in and grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrind

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: