blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:25:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  If Carlsberg did weddings... (yet another blog) **TRIP REPORT FINALLY COMPLETE**
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If Carlsberg did weddings... (yet another blog) **TRIP REPORT FINALLY COMPLETE**  (Read 72612 times)
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 02, 2011, 11:23:29 PM »

At least he didn't suggest this:

My friend's missus went nuts when we suggested it 

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 09, 2011, 10:22:14 PM »

ok this is taking the piss now! we still can't decide on a song for me to walk down the aisle to! looks like i will be stuck with here comes the bride all fat and wide ( which is probably going to be true if i don't stop eating crap)

but i have started planing one of the more important details of any wedding

the hen night!!

i've booked a long weekend off work so it's going to be the last weekend in October, which gives me nearly 3 weeks to recover before the wedding (and i imagine i'm gonna need it)

only other details i'm sure of is that it's going to involve lots of booze and probably karaoke and maybe strippers Smiley

and i'm looking at either Bristol or Cardiff as suitable locations to host such an event

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 10, 2011, 12:28:36 AM »

ok this is taking the piss now! we still can't decide on a song for me to walk down the aisle to! looks like i will be stuck with here comes the bride all fat and wide ( which is probably going to be true if i don't stop eating crap)

but i have started planing one of the more important details of any wedding

the hen night!!

i've booked a long weekend off work so it's going to be the last weekend in October, which gives me nearly 3 weeks to recover before the wedding (and i imagine i'm gonna need it)

only other details i'm sure of is that it's going to involve lots of booze and probably karaoke and maybe strippers Smiley

and i'm looking at either Bristol or Cardiff as suitable locations to host such an event

i can do both....bristol/cardiff or stripper

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 14, 2011, 09:08:42 AM »

Don't care where...ya know I'm there!!!  x

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 14, 2011, 09:24:36 AM »

Joobs has decided on a nice little village near Killarney...... ;-)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 14, 2011, 09:33:58 AM »

Joobs has decided on a nice little village near Killarney...... ;-)

Yeah...good luck with that.  Let me know how ye get on.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 16, 2011, 10:37:22 PM »

We've designed our invites, so they should be ready to go out in a couple of weeks.

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

I have finally decided what i'm walking down the aisle to, i'm going to keep it a secret but all i will say is that it's by these guys.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 26, 2011, 07:19:34 PM »

Slight hitch in plans.

Well, I say slight, it might be a big hitch fairly soon.

I no longer have a job. Redrow decided that they weren't going to take me on permanently after some absolutely diabolical proceedings, and something which has really knocked my confidence in temporary work and agencies.

What happened? Let's go back to Monday 13th June 2011. As many of you know, I was quite ill through 2009 with a rather nasty stomach complaint. Occasionally I get flares of this and it so happened that I had a flare up that morning. Phone my agency and they say "fine, let us know when you get better". I have the Monday & Tuesday off and am back in work Wednesday morning. Simples.

Or so I thought.

Sunday night (June 19th) I'm walking to the local Chinese for dinner with Joobs when I feel a twinge in my upper right gum. I'd been to the dentist and told I had to have some teeth removed before I started my new job. Appointments were made for the beginning of June but had to be re-arranged as in Conveyancing, Year End is June. So I'd rearranged them for July. Unfortunately, my teeth weren't agreeing with that and had made their displeasure known in work a few times before this. Half an hour later and I'm in agony. A double dose of Ibuprofen and Paracetamol is about as useful as a chocolate teapot but I somehow get about 35 minutes of sleep before I phone my dentist the minute it opens. An appointment is hastily made for 11.15am that day and I then phone the agency and Redrow to explain. They seem fine and ask me to let them know whats happening afterwards.

I have the appointment and the dentist decides as he doesn't know which one of the two teeth is causing the trouble, he's gonna take them both out and a third that was already dead. Awesome. So I have three teeth removed, nearly pass out in the dentist room afterwards and somehow make it home on my own still woozy from the anaesthetic. I phone Redrow, the agency and Joobs before I pass out. They ask me when I'll be back and I say I'm not entirely sure right now as I'm still spitting blood, can I let you know at 4pm? Both are happy. Apparently.

Fast forward to 4pm and I'm still bleeding, heavily. I eventually stop the bleeding at about 4.40pm and phone the agency to tell them that I will be back in work on Tuesday 21st, no matter how bad my teeth are. They simply tell me not to bother.

Fucking awesome, isn't it.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 26, 2011, 07:37:59 PM »

urgh nasty, hope you recover quickly and find something else soon.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 26, 2011, 07:55:38 PM »

Slight hitch in plans.

Well, I say slight, it might be a big hitch fairly soon.

I no longer have a job. Redrow decided that they weren't going to take me on permanently after some absolutely diabolical proceedings, and something which has really knocked my confidence in temporary work and agencies.

What happened? Let's go back to Monday 13th June 2011. As many of you know, I was quite ill through 2009 with a rather nasty stomach complaint. Occasionally I get flares of this and it so happened that I had a flare up that morning. Phone my agency and they say "fine, let us know when you get better". I have the Monday & Tuesday off and am back in work Wednesday morning. Simples.

Or so I thought.

Sunday night (June 19th) I'm walking to the local Chinese for dinner with Joobs when I feel a twinge in my upper right gum. I'd been to the dentist and told I had to have some teeth removed before I started my new job. Appointments were made for the beginning of June but had to be re-arranged as in Conveyancing, Year End is June. So I'd rearranged them for July. Unfortunately, my teeth weren't agreeing with that and had made their displeasure known in work a few times before this. Half an hour later and I'm in agony. A double dose of Ibuprofen and Paracetamol is about as useful as a chocolate teapot but I somehow get about 35 minutes of sleep before I phone my dentist the minute it opens. An appointment is hastily made for 11.15am that day and I then phone the agency and Redrow to explain. They seem fine and ask me to let them know whats happening afterwards.

I have the appointment and the dentist decides as he doesn't know which one of the two teeth is causing the trouble, he's gonna take them both out and a third that was already dead. Awesome. So I have three teeth removed, nearly pass out in the dentist room afterwards and somehow make it home on my own still woozy from the anaesthetic. I phone Redrow, the agency and Joobs before I pass out. They ask me when I'll be back and I say I'm not entirely sure right now as I'm still spitting blood, can I let you know at 4pm? Both are happy. Apparently.

Fast forward to 4pm and I'm still bleeding, heavily. I eventually stop the bleeding at about 4.40pm and phone the agency to tell them that I will be back in work on Tuesday 21st, no matter how bad my teeth are. They simply tell me not to bother.

Fucking awesome, isn't it.

Is this just your second absence in how long?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 26, 2011, 08:33:23 PM »

It would have been my 3rd day off in 6 weeks. Bad timing, I know, and on one hand I do understand why Redrow made the decision.

However, the undertone is that when I started the job they were unhappy that I had the dental surgery booked for June, and it was made clear that it would be "a good idea" to reschedule those appointments without actually requesting that I rescheduled, if you get me.

I had also made them very much aware of my stomach issues in the past and the chance that it could re-occur from time to time. Redrow were very much aware of my issues and knew that it would not be an issue over the long run.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 26, 2011, 08:53:18 PM »

Problem is Adam, nowadays it's an employers market. Loads of people out of work and employers have very little tolerance of time off whether it's genuine or not.

I hope this doesn't put your wedding plans on ice. best of luck looking for a new job

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 26, 2011, 09:45:36 PM »

Problem is Adam, nowadays it's an employers market. Loads of people out of work and employers have very little tolerance of time off whether it's genuine or not.

I hope this doesn't put your wedding plans on ice. best of luck looking for a new job

Wedding plans will still go ahead, pretty much everything is paid for.

Just gonna be skint when we go out there! Cheers mate Smiley
Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 26, 2011, 09:57:13 PM »

Wedding plans will still go ahead, pretty much everything is paid for.

Just gonna be skint when we go out there! Cheers mate Smiley

and we may have to abandon the uk do afterwards Sad

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 03, 2011, 11:01:43 PM »

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=54131.msg1394757#msg1394757
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: