blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:32:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272573 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  If Carlsberg did weddings... (yet another blog) **TRIP REPORT FINALLY COMPLETE**
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If Carlsberg did weddings... (yet another blog) **TRIP REPORT FINALLY COMPLETE**  (Read 72409 times)
KarmaDope

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2011, 10:22:36 PM »

...then it still wouldn't be as good as the first ever official blondepoker wedding!

As you may have gathered, this is going to be THE official blog for all the domestics, arguments, plans, budgets etc that come with planning a wedding. My wedding, to be exact. To our very own joobie538 (currently nicknamed Jugs538, please change it back Bongo!), whom I met in passing at blonde Bash 6 and then "properly" met at blonde Bash 7. 3 years later, and we're getting married. Hopefully.

Why hopefully? Well, when I'm not doing live updates for blonde, my day job is as a Customer Service Advisor for BT Openreach. However, I work on a temporary contract through a recruitment agency which was scheduled to run from June 1st 2010 for 3 months. 7 months later and I'm still there. They keep renewing my contract but only ever renewing it for a month and making me sweat for half the month to see whether it's going to be renewed!

Anyway, onto the main story...

I met Joobs properly at bB7 lliterally on arrival at the Days Inn. It must have been love at first sight (for her) as she fell for me. Literally. My first sight of my soon-to-be wife was when the lift doors opened and she fell out on top of me! Just about managed to catch her before she hit the floor and it went from there. Hands up who sure did see us apart for more than 1hr that weekend when not actually playing poker? Yeah, didn't think there were many. Went back home to Chester and it took me about a week before I jumped on a train to Weston-super-Mare.

And never left.

Since then, we've been practically joined at the hip relationship wise, and it took me 10 months to realise that I knew I had found the woman I wanted to spend my life with, and it was July 21st 2009 that I popped the question. She said yes (obv, or I wouldn't be writing this lol) and it's been one of the best periods of my life so far. All relationships have their ups and downs but thankfully we barely argue or have major disagreements, Joobs knows how to deal with me when I get pissed off at something and vice versa, and we just...work.

Close friends on here will know we've been through some shit times since we got together, and I'm not gonna go into detail as that's the past. Thankfully we've got past that, and are now comfortably settled in Chester with our cat Lilly preparing for the wedding! I'll cover the wedding plans in the next post probably.

Anyway, hope you all enjoy and follow from now until the big day, which is tentatively pencilled in for Monday 21st November 2011.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 10:09:59 PM by sharplea » Logged
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 10:27:42 PM »

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 10:27:45 PM »

Hello Adam

Thanks for the offer to be your best man. Will let you know soon.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 10:28:20 PM »

define "properly met" please? Grin

looking forward to this - glglglgl

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 10:30:04 PM »

congrats.

gl with the blog. Some poker content too for the degens like me Smiley

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 10:31:09 PM »

Cheers Cheesy

Hello Adam

Hello Richard

We'll talk about this in Bolton, I guess? Smiley
Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 10:31:19 PM »

...then it still wouldn't be as good as the first ever official blondepoker wedding! you wouldn't be there you don't drink!!!

Anyway, onto the main story...

I met Joobs properly at bB8 lliterally on arrival at the Days Inn. It must have been love at first sight or too much drink... you decide (for her) as she fell for me. Literally. My first sight of my soon-to-be wife was when the lift doors opened and she fell out on top of me! Just about managed to catch her before she hit the floor

Since then, we've been practically joined at the hip relationship wise, and it took me 10 months to realise that I knew I had found the woman I wanted to spend my life with, and it was July 21st 2009 that I popped the question. She said yes  think that was after I asked wtf you were doing and to get up lol (obv, or I wouldn't be writing this lol) and it's been one of the best periods of my life so far. All relationships have their ups and downs but thankfully we barely argue or have major disagreements, Joobs knows how to deal with me when I get pissed off at something and vice versa, is alway right! and we just...work. True i would have to agree with that one.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 10:32:13 PM »

File this somewhere safe Adam - http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/is-divorce-ahead-recognizing-the-signs-of-trouble.html

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 10:32:35 PM »

Hello Adam

wedding singer more apt, surely?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 10:33:01 PM »

congrats.

Cheers Cos.

There will be poker content as well. Gotta spin up the spending monies somehow! I'm also gonna put in some life content...want to do a music thing like Clawbird did and a few other ideas.
Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 10:33:56 PM »

like he has a choice!

pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 10:34:47 PM »

If its a Vegas wedding are you having a theme jobby ?

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 10:35:40 PM »

congrats.

Cheers Cos.

There will be poker content as well. Gotta spin up the spending monies somehow! I'm also gonna put in some life content...want to do a music thing like Clawbird did and a few other ideas.

norrr - doing ruin the thread by putting all that dream theater shite in

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 10:36:20 PM »

define "properly met" please? Grin

looking forward to this - glglglgl

Properly met? Well, at bB6, I didn't really get to know her. All I did was take pictures of her tits. Well, hers, yours and a few other ladies! Whereas at bB7, we got to know each other on the first night (and some facebook convos the week before) and it all spiralled from there.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 11:36:10 PM by sharplea » Logged
Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2011, 10:38:01 PM »

If its a Vegas wedding are you having a theme jobby ?

we better not talk about that at the moment...

I want to get married on the Newyork Newyork rollercoaster!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: