blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 04:38:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272921 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  golf betting thread
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 ... 73 Go Down Print
Author Topic: golf betting thread  (Read 99751 times)
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: June 16, 2011, 12:56:13 PM »

NIR Graeme McDowell @ 70
USA Matt Kuchar @ 24   
ESP Alvaro Quiros @ 110   
USA Hunter Mahan Titleist  @ 28
USA Bubba Watson Titleist @ 50

Are you a Titleist rep? Good plug!

haha what a clown

Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 16, 2011, 12:57:38 PM »

NIR Graeme McDowell @ 70
USA Matt Kuchar @ 24   
ESP Alvaro Quiros @ 110   
USA Hunter Mahan Titleist  @ 28
USA Bubba Watson Titleist @ 50

Are you a Titleist rep? Good plug!

Sorry i should mention other golf brands are also available

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 16, 2011, 04:39:15 PM »

Looks like gg kj already, nice sweat there then. At least ive backed 63 others so shld be grntd a sweat. Furyk going round ok so far after 11 at level par, now time to birdie birdie eagle plsssssse jimbo!
Moskvich

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 16, 2011, 06:57:58 PM »

Have stuck a few pins in various places for a few quid and a bit of interest. Can't remember who I've got in total, but suffice to say I've never really heard of some of them. Yang, Laird, Casey, some random Korean, some bloke called Kevin and a few more.

Anyway, general question though for those of you who know what you're doing: would you rather have one quarter the odds on an each way bet paying six places, or an outright bet on a top five finish (ties paid in full) at one fifth of the odds to win?

To hopefully make that a bit clearer... Some guy is 100-1 to win. Bet each way at 100-1 paying six places? Or bet on the 'top five' market at 20-1?

I guess overall it doesn't make much difference, but maybe it depends how long their odds are - ie how likely they are to actually win it? Presumably lots of guys at long odds are much more likely to come fifth than first - whereas players at shorter odds are maybe as likely to win as they are to come fifth?

Very interesting qstn. To be honest it all depends if u think yr selection is value at the win part of the bet or not. If so then by all means embrace that top 6 ew bet which will give you 25-1 on the place rather than the 20s you mention. If yr just after the place part get on that speciality bet at slightly inferior odds imo.  Personally wld feel sick if i backed some1 to place and they won, but im greedy.

Yeah thanks for that, that's kind of what I was wondering. I guess finish distributions of the top players are likely to be quite different to those of the also-rans, so wondering whether there may be a cut-off somewhere where the win part of the bet stops being any value.

Also the fact that the top five bet pays out ties in full - in a low-scoring tournament like the US Open I imagine it's more likely than normal that several players could be tied for fifth? Though that's just a guess, maybe you actually end up with the field strung out in the same way, only with lower scores. Dunno.

Good luck all anyway.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 16, 2011, 08:02:28 PM »

Looks like gg kj already, nice sweat there then. At least ive backed 63 others so shld be grntd a sweat. Furyk going round ok so far after 11 at level par, now time to birdie birdie eagle plsssssse jimbo!

Poults still looks fair value Wink

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 16, 2011, 08:35:08 PM »

Poults still looks fair value Wink

Gl with poults, still wld not be for me. Insta bokked furyk after that post, so wont be saying 2 much about my runners till at least they have completed a round in future.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 16, 2011, 09:21:22 PM »

terrible day for me - might not make saturday

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 16, 2011, 09:29:33 PM »

mcilroy is different gravy. occasionaly when i hit it amazingly sweet it sounds something like how he's hitting it every single shot.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 16, 2011, 09:43:55 PM »

I'm not exactly sure how, but I just laid Manassero @ 60 although he's +2 and now have a freeroll.

Probably a rick unless he's just holed something.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 16, 2011, 09:56:55 PM »

I have 8 golfers backed and the best of them is +1, fml
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 16, 2011, 10:02:59 PM »

Anyone else getting slightly tilted by Monty's commentating.  After a day of Willie Carson who would be a certainty if there was a "sports idiot of the year" award I can't take much more!!

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 16, 2011, 10:26:27 PM »

Anyone else getting slightly tilted by Monty's commentating.  After a day of Willie Carson who would be a certainty if there was a "sports idiot of the year" award I can't take much more!!

He's dreadful. The only positive for me is that he makes Murray slightly more palatable.

I've been waiting all day hoping they were going to switch to The Golf Channel.

Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 16, 2011, 10:41:58 PM »

I like Monty.

Sergio has teased me like a bird on a night out flirting with coming home with me and winning R1 leader and then not even giving the kiss goodnight of the place money...
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 16, 2011, 10:44:59 PM »

Monty's constant giggling and whinging over 97 made me turn the sound off. Butch and rob lee r quality tho.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 16, 2011, 10:57:06 PM »

<3 butch - great commentary

How the fk is mickelson only +2 today - in a way he has played well

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 ... 73 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: