blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 03:06:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 190325 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 21, 2011, 04:26:45 AM »

Also and this

coolhands7
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 21, 2011, 09:41:33 AM »

Such a good read buddy, keep up the good work!!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 22, 2011, 10:40:40 AM »

Such a good read buddy, keep up the good work!!

Cheers.

I am at Wimbledon again today lucked out again on centre court tickets. Was in and out of there yesterday and watched c.niland the irishman play the tennis of his life against a much higher ranked player to be 4-1 up in the fifth set only to lose it 6-4. The.fields of athenroy was sung when he was 4-1 up and with a two break advantage he must've thought he won it! Biggest bottle job section of any match I have seen.

Haven't played poker since my last posts and probably will start tomorrow.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 24, 2011, 10:36:04 AM »

Won a tourney last night for $600. After about $300 loss in the two days before it was a nice save to have. Need to put in more volume tonight methinks and really push on.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 27, 2011, 04:16:03 AM »

Sh*t. I lost $1000 in my last grind and my br is swinging low to $7000. Played very well.

One mistake with a 14 bbs shove from cut off with KQ just past the money bubble whereby the stacks of the other players suggests i should have been more patient maybe? I don't know to be honest it is pretty unlucky to be snap called by AA, but i think i could have waitied a little while longer maybe. Just lol unlucky all night really.

Doing a massive overhaul now. Setting up holdem manager finally and i think the HUD will really help me pwn that extra bit more. Have a subscription to DeucesCracked that i hope helps, anyone recommend some low entrants mtt grinders on there, or maybe the 180 mans on pokerstars because i would imagine they run similar to the games i play.

Also going to make sure i review my hand histories and make sure everything is going well. For marginal spots i will post online to see what you guys think and will consult mates about it.

Trying to see if i can make sure every stone is not left unturned. Want to try and make sure i am doing all i can to be beating these games as effectively as possible. There is no doubting i already can but probably not as effectively as i ought to be. It only took Greekstein about 10 seconds to immediately tell me where i was going wrong with one of the first hands he teamviewered me on. That can't be a good sign.

People might think, Greekstein an authority on how to play hands properly? But i for one respect his opinion and wont have a bad word said.

So i am off to Eastbourne today to meet up with some mates at one of their houses that the rent ends on next week so gonna get a bit lionel messi down there. Also agreed to play cricket on thursday saturday and sunday of this week. That is 300 overs of cricket in the space of 96 hours and for half of that i will be fielding as i don't bowl and that time passes agonisingly slowly. Doing this in a bid to get off my arse and exercising and i think its a place to start as its better than inactivity but not quite as good as a hard gym session.

Will be up and playing next monday on a serious schedule again. I will be going by my 200 buy ins safety rule to help me deal with the swings. So no more 10r euros tourns anymore. I have an average buy in of $35 to deal with now so i really shouldn't even be playing the $10rs but i might as i normally average $40 worth of buy ins and might just have it as my gamble.

Going to be interesting to see how this all pans out. I don't give a flying f*ck about end of year targets or how much i should be making in a week/month. I am going to concentrate on the skills behind my game and developing them, to practice good bankroll management (200 buy ins rule is ok considering the small fields i play i feel, no point discussing this too much i feel) to be more healthy and to grind for a hardcore amount of hours which i think i already have locked up.
SuperJez

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 27, 2011, 10:19:38 AM »

Forget about tournaments and concentrate on cash games with discipline and the thirst to learn you have.  You will do well.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 27, 2011, 11:55:42 AM »

Forget about tournaments and concentrate on cash games with discipline and the thirst to learn you have.  You will do well.

I feel I have wasted a lot of time with tourns when I could be playing cash. Always been ok but too privy to tilt. As soon as I have the hud and watching tuition vids on the go for cash and tourns I would hope things will look up for me. I still think the tourns are still where I should be though I just am hitting some.harsh variance and realising you really can't afford one mistake cos the tourns you fish out of could have been the ones you went onto win.

If I have all bases covered with health, hud, tuition and i still lose regularly then I won't know what to do. I still think its just nasty downswinging though and I am yet to have a score over $7k online which I think shows that the amount I have won so far, a lot of smaller binks and lots of.them means I have skills and haven't just got lucky now and again. However, I wouldn't mind a big score now as I have been trying long enough!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 29, 2011, 06:45:06 PM »

$2600 of my $7k roll is on ftp.

Sweating it.
strak33

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 29, 2011, 07:58:14 PM »

Play a few less tables , drop your worst tournys.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 29, 2011, 08:03:16 PM »

exactly what im doing strak, cheers. Hoping to run at my expected roi tbh. WOuld be nice to just have a steady profit intake. The downswing recently has been tough
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 29, 2011, 08:06:42 PM »

Sweating it.

gg $2.6k mate

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 29, 2011, 09:34:54 PM »

exactly what im doing strak, cheers. Hoping to run at my expected roi tbh. WOuld be nice to just have a steady profit intake. The downswing recently has been tough
Always like reading your updates Ant.
What is your expected ROI?

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 29, 2011, 09:55:00 PM »

Always like reading your updates Ant.
What is your expected ROI?

Cheers, always nice to hear nice feedback and about about 50%
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 30, 2011, 12:18:02 AM »

Sweating it.

gg $2.6k mate

Always nice to see some optimism !
cambridgealex

#lovethegame