blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 08:43:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272932 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 191761 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: August 21, 2011, 05:21:45 PM »

nice one marky, am hoping to stay strict and revel in the new physique and the buzz i will be getting from it!

Started a grind early today, and feeling good, have had 8 hours sleep so feeling fresh and i feel well on top of the tables i am playing. Making sure to keep on pushing my stack around in terms of raising with 40 bbs more and c betting flops even when i have missed just to keep afloat without having to see a showdown.

Would like to say you should never go against your instincts even if everything else is saying you should continue on in a hand. Will explain it later but basically everything suggested i should have done the thing i did do which turned out to be wrong because he had it, but my instincts were shouting fold and i just suppressed the feeling.

Won't make a habit of doing that and will see what happens when i listen to my instincts exclusively as soon as they pop into my head in certain spots.

Will be updating this tonight as results come in, exciting stuff. My readership surely now on tenterhooks.
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 21, 2011, 05:26:18 PM »

. My readership surely now on tenterhooks.

we sure are. gl today mate

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 21, 2011, 05:34:51 PM »

. My readership surely now on tenterhooks.

we sure are. gl today mate

You too man, do a killing if you are playing
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 21, 2011, 07:26:39 PM »

6/7 that has $500 up top, i really am playing the small tourns btw, but slowly and surely with this br rebuild

And the rest is no where near anything interesting atm
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 21, 2011, 07:40:07 PM »

came 4th in that for $100 shoved 62os with 5 bbs utg towards a bb that had a similar stack and would normally fold without a hand. If i let the blinds hit me once more i would have no fold equity whatsoever, with 5 bbs i was cutting it fine, the big stack dealer found KK and it was curtains.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 21, 2011, 07:58:35 PM »

came 4th in that for $100 shoved 62os with 5 bbs utg towards a bb that had a similar stack and would normally fold without a hand. If i let the blinds hit me once more i would have no fold equity whatsoever, with 5 bbs i was cutting it fine, the big stack dealer found KK and it was curtains.

seems a bad shove mate, you had 62o!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 21, 2011, 08:08:41 PM »

indeed, may have technically been a bad shove, 5 of us left, only available shoving pos was that there and i thought any two cards was good enough as the added impetus of having fold equity on a shove meant i would rather go now then have 4 bbs next hand, a crap hand, and forced to fold when someone shoves on my bb. High likelihood teh bb i was shoving into would fold, so if i did collect the blinds i still had a fold equity shove in my arsenal for one more round.

I think i may have been ul that the guy picked up KK tbh, but probably a poor move.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 21, 2011, 09:25:34 PM »

ah jeeeez, 200 down, feel quite funky so have stopped regging, still in two relative biggies ans three other nice sized tourns, so i could well still break even or get some prof. Gonna have to do a mad dash to the kitchen for food and water as that may be what is doing me over here. So under prepped!
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 21, 2011, 10:41:37 PM »

ah jeeeez, 200 down, feel quite funky so have stopped regging, still in two relative biggies ans three other nice sized tourns, so i could well still break even or get some prof. Gonna have to do a mad dash to the kitchen for food and water as that may be what is doing me over here. So under prepped!

order a couple of Dominoes and a giant bottle of coke. treat urself bud Smiley

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 21, 2011, 11:10:30 PM »

order a couple of Dominoes and a giant bottle of coke. treat urself bud Smiley

Ha.

I have instead opted for a glass of water and a glass of fanta zero, with a brown bread turkey sandwich and a banana and feel pretty good now. Still my concetration levels have been dire though and i have been in and out of watching tv and haven't taken proper control over all these tables, a little amateur really. Using this post to check myself and get back on top.

I am £300 down atm as i started to reg on after i felt better, and have 5 tourns on now with 4 more to come. So 9 in all to try and break even as i want to call tonight a non event really, damage limitation. However i am not backing myself to even do that, maybe after some nice AA>KK i can get back into this but i am feeling pretty indifferent atm. ARGH!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 22, 2011, 01:04:07 AM »

Last 4 now and still £300 down.

Head has not been in the game today and even if i do win to break even or be in profit, i am studying what my routine was tonight and what i have done and strive towards improving everything so i don't play like this again.

Being harsh on myself because i think i need to be to be disciplined in trying to improve, something i have always not bothered with and is probably why my br has fluctuated so much in recent years.

Still positive, don't take me wrong as throwing all my toys out of the pram, i am just taking control of how i can improve and eventually get as close as possible to the perfect grind.

I feel like it is actually impossible to get perfection by the definition of the word, but you can try and get as close as possible. Playing for 8-12 hour spells, of basically just sitting and expecting myself to play every hand correctly across around 12 tables average is close to idiotic. There will be times i am squirming to get up and just do something else and i will need to just keep concentrating as best i can.

I think i will need to occupy myself with something more than music while playing because everything sounds the same eventually or just make sure before every session i have a new playlist to listen to because re-listening to songs can become a drag.

I might try audio books, to help keep my mind focussed as maybe listening to a story will have me wanting to listen on and on and all the while i am finding it easier to play tourney poker alongside.

Whatever i do i have to try and make the sessions as bearable as possible and be as comfortable as possible so i can become engrossed on the tables i am playing. When i do i feel great, feel in control, and it feels like all the hands are being played through me but sometimes i just am involved in grinds like tonight where i feel i am playing through obligation and am not really bothering too much.

So exercise, healthy eating, comfortable grind station, entertainment mid grind and trying continually to learn more about these MTT's and br management should make things easier for me and i think i am doing myself a disservice until i am putting in good effort across those fronts.

Speech over. Probably talking a whole load of crap anyway!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 22, 2011, 02:05:47 PM »

Was down £230 for last night, and deciding best not to play today to have a break. So to a mates to watch some monday night football, then to a 24 hour pool hall for some billiards after. Sweet.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 24, 2011, 04:54:54 PM »

Saw my thread continue to fall in the rail forum and thought i will put a stop to that with this and continue to bore you.

Started to reinvest across a few sites tonight.

Not sure what i am laying but all of the tourns im entering are low buy ins so i am comfortable. Will work that out later along with the amount of profit i have made later (positive thinking yeh).

May update tonight as results come in, but i am pretty sure you don't care and i don't blame you.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 24, 2011, 04:57:34 PM »

are you still keeping to your 5% rule in terms of buy ins?
GLGL with the grind

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 24, 2011, 05:02:40 PM »

cheers man

Nope i don't believe i am. I think its more like 10% because i am in the lower stakes and hopefully my increased ROI in these levels should justify the extra 5% increase. If it doesn't just move down i guess.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: