blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 06:11:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 190357 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: November 22, 2011, 12:44:11 PM »

dont want staking for cah? mtts ftl Smiley

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
LOJ

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 22, 2011, 01:50:47 PM »

Good read.  How is your roll compared to start?  Are you sticking to schedule you have highlighted.  Just read your diary from start today and quite an interesting read, seems tho that you aren't quite settled into a routine yet?
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 22, 2011, 01:51:41 PM »

GLGLGLGLGL.
Coggy

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 23, 2011, 12:39:25 PM »

So your playing on stars now ? and the turbo tourneys ? do you mix in the 180s ?
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 23, 2011, 11:49:27 PM »

what %age of your roll to u stake anight?

not too sure if i should play on other euro sites or just grind hard and start playing the circuit

Just me
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 24, 2011, 04:48:06 PM »

dont want staking for cah? mtts ftl Smiley

As soon as i get the hud fully up and running, which i am committing the whole of tonight to, i am going to experiment on my own some cash games underolled. 4 tabling at first and see what is up. Will probably have to sit in a game for a while though for my hud to have enough hands to paint a picture of anyone but will be interesting to see how much cash has changed since i last tried and failed at it.

Interested in expanding my game theory though, and may consider the staking for a while just for the coaching aspect.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 24, 2011, 04:55:25 PM »

Good read.  How is your roll compared to start?  Are you sticking to schedule you have highlighted.  Just read your diary from start today and quite an interesting read, seems tho that you aren't quite settled into a routine yet?

Cheers for the read.

My roll is less than at the start i believe but at no point have i seriously sat down and approached my game logically. Perhaps now i am though. I know now i am not the finished article and i have a number of things to do before i can ever get close. plus there is no such thing as a finished article anyway i might add, because poker players always have to keep learning and adapt.

I'm not settled into a grind yet you are quite right but i think i eventually soon will be with more knowledge of my leaks and each of the slower structured games that i would like to play. At the moment i have a solid knowledge of how to play very quick structured games that play relatively deep. My thought process on that is because for the last 4 years this is where i have made the most money from poker but i wouldn't realise this as i had so many more different tourns on the go. For the past week i have played turbo tourns and turbo rebuys exclusively to great nightly results. This may be kind variance but i feel i have a hold on the games. The coming months we will see what is what.

I am only playing the turbos until i am more adept at all the other forms of mtts, then when i have a working knowledge i am going to make sure i can adapt to different types of sit and go and then cash games, and then after that trying different poker disciplines like omaha and stud.

I am looking forward to the challenge that awaits and making sure i keep my eyes open to all the pitfalls i am going down. Going to give Jared Tendler's book a read while i am doing all this to make my flaws more apparent and eventually get to the promised land of never playing a stressed grind again.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 24, 2011, 04:59:20 PM »

So your playing on stars now ? and the turbo tourneys ? do you mix in the 180s ?

Not just yet nope. I don't quite like the structure of the pokerstars turbos, but i like it when it is the rebuy format of turbo. That is why i am going to load up some 3rs sngs 180's and see how that goes. Then obv incorporate the other games in when i have a better understanding of them. Making sure i go into all the games i play with an understanding that will make me comfortable. Way too often have i gone into a grind with an element of fear from not having a full grasp and then the whole grinds goes to crap.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 24, 2011, 05:01:37 PM »

what %age of your roll to u stake anight?

not too sure if i should play on other euro sites or just grind hard and start playing the circuit

Looking to stake 5-10% a night depending on what type of tourns i am playing and if i am really comfortable with the format or not. The more money i win hopefully, the closer i can get to staking 5% a night.

Wouldn't know whether to grind the circuit or not, had one luckbox win of £5400 4 years ago, and have failed ever since basically. 
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 24, 2011, 05:02:09 PM »

GLGLGLGLGL.

TYVM. You too on your cash adventures.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 24, 2011, 05:06:23 PM »

GLGLGLGLGL.

Loool  obv an avid reader of Monda's diary 

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 24, 2011, 05:07:14 PM »

GLGLGLGLGL.

I know! he moved over to blackjack ages ago.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 24, 2011, 05:10:33 PM »

GLGLGLGLGL.

Lol. I am intermittent reader on everyones blog, in and out, never getting the full picture, much like my own poker game Sad No hate intended!
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 24, 2011, 05:12:20 PM »

GLGLGLGLGL.

Lol. I am intermittent reader on everyones blog, in and out, never getting the full picture, much like my own poker game Sad No hate intended!
yeah we know i even see you frequenting mine from time to time to bok the bets  Wink
my current hero Monda is now back grinding the sng's

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 24, 2011, 05:27:23 PM »

ha yeh i saw it only came 4th by a neck that horse, which was pain. Especially as i had a mate relaying the report of the race to me and embracing the pain he was about to inflict on me verbally.

My new rule with sports betting is to never back anything longer than 6/4 or shorter than 8/11 unless i feel the bet itself has a probability between that range but i can actually get 2/1. Then i am going to record all the bets i do and see if i turn a profit. Going to stick to this until i expand my knowledge about how to properly bet on sports.

There has to be a system no? Watched Moneyball last night, the film with Brad Pitt in which shines light on the statistics involved in Baseball and how using it made a team with no real budget get very close to winning the World Series. Oakland i believe it was. Jonah Hill also makes an appearance as his former fat self.

Talking of fat, i am this. I am going to eat less and exercise more and see what happens. Believe that is the optimum strategy there!

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: