blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 04:00:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 190332 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: January 08, 2012, 05:03:33 PM »

Came 30th or thereabouts. Got 20 bigs all in on Q high board with AA and he has QQ and I don't improve. Found the standard to be pretty good to be honest. They are pretty aggro pre flop and on a lot of missed flops so it is good to sit back and try to get a nice spot.

Aggravating to have to come back to day 2 for this to happen but that's live poker hey. Met one of the Pwning brothers, I think its Danny and he played very good poker, very aggro pre and uses the image to het paid off when he has a hand. He got it in with QQ and lost to AJ just before I left and he would have had a HUGE stack.

I think I will play a monthly 300-500 each month as that is about what I get back in rakeback so may aswell use it to reinvest and get more experience. Did learn a lot and soon adapted my play to live. I think I was pretty unlucky with some of the table draws because I had some great players on my table. Hope it gets better for me
live.

Gonna chill out tonight then hit the grind hard tomorrow. Probably a 16.00-02.00 shift and looking forward to hopefully smashing those games. Yet to have a solid month of pure grindage with the new selection of tourns I am playing and with a couple of months play of it, it would be nice to see how much I am capable of losing/winning with both sides of variance.

Gonna enjoy some Chinese tonight and going to get through a pot of the 1st series of Arrested Development. Any ideas of series to watch aside from The Wire, Boardwalk Empire, How I met Your Mother, Dexter and House.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 10, 2012, 05:37:53 PM »

good day today but one frustrating moment.

was in the last 4 of a 100f on pokerstars, and we all had around the same amount of chips on 13bbs and it folds to me on the sb with 10K, previous to this hand i proposed a deal because of the crapshooty nature of the remainder of the tourn, with 5.6k up top, but hadn't notice they all had said yes in the chat box and were awaiting the numbers for the deal, and there i go and shove my hand and A7 tank calls. K on the flop to make me believe and then an A on the turn to smash the dreams. 2.6k for the effort but i would imagine i would have got 4k in the deal which is upsetting but o well.

just gotta keep on grinding hard and hopefully the results will continue to follow.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 12, 2012, 12:54:33 AM »

About $1200 up tonight and i was much closer to bigger scores than i have ever been before, loads of bubbles and i am playing pretty well. Tonight was me running well and i am starting to get an idea of what i will be averaging out at i just hope the good form continues at this rate.

Not even feeling at my best tonight, had a bad nights sleep last night but stuck with it to ge the grind done and didn't mess it up too much either.

Still got three on the go to try and make it all even better, but probably lucked out for the night.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 12, 2012, 01:34:07 AM »

$1500 overall to end the night, beautiful.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 13, 2012, 12:45:05 AM »

Cashed tonight for $5000 and still have 7 more to go.

I can't quite believe this.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 13, 2012, 12:53:52 AM »

Congrats Ant.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 13, 2012, 12:58:12 AM »

Congrats Ant.

Cheers. Dreaming here.

taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 13, 2012, 01:05:22 AM »

Congrats Ant.

+1 nice result

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 13, 2012, 01:56:38 AM »

cheers
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 13, 2012, 11:51:28 PM »

crap night tonight. i came close though which is shocking a 13th in the party 100f turbo and a 8th in the ongame equivalent and a 14th in the 55f double chance turbo at 18.15 on stars and that was all i sort of cashed in, probably eats into half of my outlay for the night which is nice, but shouldn't have played tonight.

Just didn't fancy it and have to make sure i never play in this state again.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 13, 2012, 11:57:01 PM »

It's something I always find tough to balance whether it's sensible to fade playing or if I'm just being lazy, I generally just always fade it 
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #701 on: January 14, 2012, 12:14:20 AM »

Only read a couple of posts of this thread (infrequent visitor nowadays) but:

1. You don't want to be a grinder. No one wants to be a grinder in any profession - so aim to smash it up or give it up in a reasonable timeframe!

2. Did that win 100k on his scratch card?!

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 14, 2012, 12:32:27 AM »

1. You don't want to be a grinder. No one wants to be a grinder in any profession - so aim to smash it up or give it up in a reasonable timeframe!

I love grinding!. But sometimes if your not in the mood its best to take the nights off. As Tommy Angelo once said, "It is never wrong to not play"

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 14, 2012, 12:36:16 AM »

I love grinding!. But sometimes if your not in the mood its best to take the nights off. As Tommy Angelo once said, "It is never wrong to not play"

I spent 6 months living by that motto, not sure he's right  Wink
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 14, 2012, 12:37:38 AM »

It's something I always find tough to balance whether it's sensible to fade playing or if I'm just being lazy, I generally just always fade it 

yeh should have just faded it, will be going to the gym most days from next week onwards to rile me to grind, or feel like grinding on most days. Really looking forward to sorting out the health side of things because i feel the poker theory side is getting there. Basically that i can't deal with slow structured tourns unless there is big money in it and that my turbo game is good and that playing them exclusively has been hugely profitable to me recently and hopefully will continue to be.

1. yeh i do want to be a grinder i bloody love the game and especially the new grind i am doing. Ever since i worked out what tourns i liked to play i have been smashing it up and with this new focus it will be interesting to see where it gets me in say 3 months of continued play. Hopefully i will be earning enough to never think about giving it up in the short term.

2. yeh the guy did win on the scratchcard. my mate bought it for 16 of us at a party and was handing them out, the guy that won the 100k was his sisters friends boyfriend, so couldn't have been more of a nobody really. He has given nothing back in return to my friend and that is terrible, but what can you do.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: