blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 09:19:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272932 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 191773 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: February 15, 2012, 12:09:53 PM »

Got my second personal training session of the week in an hour. The last one had me having to cut short the session because I felt feint from all of the running he had me doing. He has just told me over the phone he is going to take it down a notch. Never been so demeaned in my life, ha.
Coggy

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: February 16, 2012, 10:10:45 AM »

Just catching up as not been on here a while.  Sounds like going ok, you just need to set out a proper poker/life plan.  Kinda diary I spose as you sound very much like myself and probably a lot of others in we chop and change to suit.

Include the grind times, studying times, personal training/gym stuff, eating times, really treat it like a job I spose and set that daily too.  Maybe set aside 4 defo days schedules that you rarely break, then have 'if free' schedules for the other days or summin.

FWIW - If I practiced what I preach i'm sure I would be playing this game full time !!! 

This has probably all been documented before but I personally hink unless your extremely gifted or lucky you need to have serious discipline to make it at this game, even more so now than even a year or 2 ago.

GL Boss
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: February 16, 2012, 11:31:27 AM »

Yeh the plan hasn't been set yet, mainly cos I don't know how long the personal trainer wants me training each week just yet, he's making sure he charges me for five sessions before he tells me that, fair play to him lol.

Plan will probably be 4am-11am sleep, 5.30pm-2am poker, and the rest of the time to be chilling and gym and running errands. Also a day off or two in the week but don't know what days to choose for that.

Poker is going well at the moment, I can't complain. I think I would be much better though when more physically fit, so I can eventually see what it is like to grind like Patrick Antonious.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: February 16, 2012, 03:31:38 PM »

Playing big tonight after a good last two nights i have had.

Best way to learn with these deeper slower tourns is to jump in the deep end i guess. 1 50r is getting involved then generally around the 150-100f mark, with most of the grind still comprising of turbos. Won't blog back on here till about 2am when i will have a brag post for you...
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: February 17, 2012, 01:44:24 AM »

Had 19 tables up at one pont and was managing ok with them but i timed out 4 times with one of them being a potent 1010 fold that was really aggravating, but i missed those because i needed getting used to the sheer amount of action. As soon as i had 10 mins of adjustment i was playing well on that many tables.

However, i laid over 4000 dollars tonight and i couldn't believe i did that to be honest, i am setting up a spreadsheet now to log what buy ins i do in a night so i don't go mental again. They can creep up on you without you realising.

I thought i was in for 2000 dollars in all honesty, so when i made a 1500 dollars bink i thought, along with the other min cashes and the like i would be around break even but unfortunately about 1350 dollars down.

I was hugely unlucky on various different spots though, and i am taking great pleasure in the way that i am playing. I am bossing it imo, even though i know i still have flaws, i just have a lot of confidence in my game and know its a winning one.

Need to tone down my bankroll management and get that on point and i should be fine here.
Rivertony

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: February 17, 2012, 01:53:16 AM »

However, i laid over 4000 dollars tonight and i couldn't believe i did that to be honest, i am setting up a spreadsheet now to log what buy ins i do in a night so i don't go mental again. They can creep up on you without you realising.
Lucky it wasn't a Sunday as $4000 could be more $8000 lol
Sick man for 19 tabling
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: February 17, 2012, 02:17:40 AM »

Lucky it wasn't a Sunday as $4000 could be more $8000 lol
Sick man for 19 tabling

Would only turn to 8000 if i lost my mind and played the 500s and 300's and 200's lol. Still sticking to the 100s now, and played the solitary one 200 dollars one tonight only because i was chasing the night and thought why not, obv nasty beat in that one in the later stages with 11k ftw, puke.

I didn't mention it but i didn't play the 50r in the end knowing that is a little redic to play atm with my roll.

I played a full structure of slower tourns and faster ones, and found that i really don't like the slower tourns. They go at a snails pace, and i love the action in the turbos. It didn't stop me playing well in them but i just don't know how to keep myself motivated playing structures that are that deep. However, when the slower tourns get into the later stages i do start to enjoy them, as there is more on the line and the game is often a lot more shallower.

Had to always be careful to adapt from turbo to standard structures each time i moved from table to table because a shove in the same spot in a turbo is a lot lighter than in a standard tourn obv, but easy to get tabs confused, that didn't happen once tonight.
Coggy

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: February 17, 2012, 10:54:30 AM »

dont know how you mix turbos with standards !!! That would do me right in.

Surely just play greater number of slower, deeper tourneys then you'll generally have action somewhere throughout no ?
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: February 17, 2012, 01:30:42 PM »

dont know how you mix turbos with standards !!! That would do me right in.

Surely just play greater number of slower, deeper tourneys then you'll generally have action somewhere throughout no ?

I love turbos though and my ROI on them is probably as good or better as in standard tourns meaning i make money quicker on them, plus i enjoy them a lot more. I think with the turbos included i can hack my grind because it makes it a lot more interesting. Won't be too long before i have a very good schedule set up that is just right, making sure i have good bankroll management.

Would be nice to have a settled plan, which is very close in happening with the personal trainer on the go and me feeling out different tournaments. Going to be interesting to see what i am capable of.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: February 19, 2012, 12:28:27 AM »

Kingston Oceana rudeboiiiiiiii, in the toilets apprecoating rappers delight in the backgrou.d, stop me from hitting that fancefloor now, oyehhh
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: February 20, 2012, 01:39:34 AM »

Had my biggest online score ever tonight, still not reached 5 figures yet, but lets hope that's not too far away.

http://twitpic.com/8m7lx6
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: February 20, 2012, 03:59:39 AM »

Had my biggest online score ever tonight, still not reached 5 figures yet, but lets hope that's not too far away.

http://twitpic.com/8m7lx6

Nice, gutting to be so close to the 5! enjoy reading your diary!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: February 20, 2012, 03:05:36 PM »

Cheers. This diary is dregs though tbh.
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: February 20, 2012, 06:23:54 PM »

that's your best post imo

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: February 21, 2012, 05:56:59 AM »

that's your best post imo

lol, think you are after a full mental breakdown about the state of this thread and you may soon get one, ha. Worked out i need a life to make this diary interesting but i don't have one, but don't mind if i carry on playing pokes like i am. Gym, poker, going out twice/thrice a week pubbing/clubbing and football on a sunday morning is what i am all about atm. Probably as i get thinner, the more i will think about bothering with women. Sort of hiding out of self insecurity atm, even though i think i am sexy with these folds of jelly, i always think its not the most alluring sight.

Have the biggest roll i have ever had currently (well i like this pun) and am deciding to have a pop at all the big tournaments available online 150f downwards to get a feel of whats going on. Probably looking at an abi of about 70 dollars. Did this tonight and made the final table of the 50r on ipoker before i got very unlucky in three spots to see me out, i got to the final two tables of the 100f on party and hit another brickwall, came second in another 100f for about 1.7k and then sort of fluffed everywhere else. Pretty sure i am down on the night but i am on some good form atm and i am going to ride it all the way to 100k. Well lets hope so.

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: