blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 10:57:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272935 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 191787 times)
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #885 on: March 09, 2012, 01:06:00 PM »

Well done mate, keep it goin and don't jizz it all off.

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #886 on: March 09, 2012, 03:28:34 PM »

Well done mate, keep it goin and don't jizz it all off.

I'm playing turbos mate I think a part of the plan is to jizz it off, but will try my best and Tyty.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 11, 2012, 02:46:21 AM »

Won't be just posting up my good nights and omitting my bad ones so will make sure i post up on here when i do play.

I lost about 2000 dollars tonight. Made a pretty gutsy/daft play with 25 left in the big 162 nightly on stars with 20k up top and 600 in the bag. Shoved from the cut off plus one with q6 suited and 15 bbs, think there was 3 bbs dead in the middle. I think the shove there is pretty good but with a slightly tighter holding. Q6 does't fair incredibly well when called. If i had a 76 suited i do it happily, i think 6q is a little too wide.

Noticed i was accumulating nicely with a lot of 3 bet all in shoves to suspicious min bet raises from big stacks and i knew a lot of the time i was getting the fold so i was chipping up nicely. Am getting really comfortable in these games but still have leaks to tweak and probably am missing a few profitable spots for me to make more chips. Whatever i need to do if i just keep on playing in these games and learning from experience i think i will improve because i have done very quickly from say 3 months ago.

Doing a br count as i speak. Confirmed at close to 30k dollars. So i am going to play all standard tourns from 162 downwards and for turbos, 82 dollars and downwards. Which is nearly 200 buy ins and 400 buy ins respectively which i am looking to stick to.

As tomorrow is Sunday though, i am going to stretch the parameters and play 200's probably without satelliting and hope for the best. Doing it as i am relatively close to be rolled for them on my plan and i feel like i am playing well so will go for it. If i have the same BR next week i will take the same shot, on the other 6 days of the week, i will be incredibly strict.

I am up early Sunday morning for football, and when i get back i am going to sleep until about 5 and then get going. Been knocking on the door in these big comps and have been falling at the last hurdle quite a lot through a mix of bad beats or what i am more concerned about, slight mistakes, that have cost me huge.

Always looking to improve and find the best way is to learn the hard way  through my mistakes. Would love a bink tomoz to give me a bit of comfort to play what i want online, and feel like it is coming shortly.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 12, 2012, 09:52:50 AM »

3000 dollars lost last night.

Was terrible by me, i hadn't enough sleep after football after getting none beforehand and i pushed it when i should have had the night off. My desk and my new set up should be near completion tomorrow with only the need for a very nice desk chair. Going to also try and get the HUD set up to play before my next solid grind. It may not help much but it may as well so i am going to give it a try.

Made a comedy of errors yesterday and was the worst grind i have done in a very long time. Learnt that if i feel like i shouldn't play i most definitely won't, instead of pushing through with it.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #889 on: March 12, 2012, 10:25:55 AM »

Just to add i think the root of the problem is i used to play low fields and medium to high buy ins with much less variance meaning i could allow myself the bankroll structure i have. For the tourns i have been playing recently on stars i cannot afford to take the risk if i am playing in tourns with over 500 players all the time, so i am going to look into satelliting a lot more to ease the costs.

Also only just realised that you can exchange tourney dollars on stars for real cash at about 95 per cent, which means satellites in themselves are profitable which definitely makes me feel better about wanting to play them. Gonna have some fun trying to find a good new grind with the emphasis on playing carefully to build slowly. Will also see if 10 per cent of wagering my whole roll a night is feasible and whether or not that is dependent on the types of games i play and how many. Need to be very aware of whats going on and ffs i hope i find a settled grind shortly.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #890 on: March 12, 2012, 10:30:55 AM »

few things mate, never ever take a sunday off.
Try not to go out saturday night
Make sure you have ample sleep and try get a 2 hour power nap in about 12pm, after a sunday roast and a hot bath works.
Try not to drink redbull but plough it down if you have to.
Have a few pro plus.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 12, 2012, 10:44:29 AM »

few things mate, never ever take a sunday off.
Try not to go out saturday night
Make sure you have ample sleep and try get a 2 hour power nap in about 12pm, after a sunday roast and a hot bath works.
Try not to drink redbull but plough it down if you have to.
Have a few pro plus.

I am going to give up sunday football, that is the problem, my sleep schedule during the week is 4am till 12pm which is near ideal for grinding and having a decent amount of the day from 12-5pm to do what i want. On a Sunday though i would imagine basically all waking hours will be grinding. With the football i am up at 8am and back by 1pm which isn't feasible with playing online. Meaning i get 3 hours sleep most after i grind a Saturday, and when i get back at 1 i often find it hard to go back to sleep. Sometimes it works out but a lot of the time i get stressed by the pressure on me to go to sleep immediately and its always tough if you are having to go to sleep twice and being less tired the second time.

Yesterday my heart was in the right place but i should have given it a miss.

With all the caffeine stuff i don't touch anything as a lot of sleep is the only way forward for me, so preparation is everything. I do go for caffeine at the end of the night only if i am deep in a tourn with one or two tables left but in this case i often don't need caffeine still because the adrenaline is pumping excitement of a big score.

Hard to get rid of football, but will need to, or start to play on saturday afternoon.
c4ught

View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 12, 2012, 12:52:44 PM »

Also only just realised that you can exchange tourney dollars on stars for real cash at about 95 per cent, which means satellites in themselves are profitable which definitely makes me feel better about wanting to play them. Gonna have some fun trying to find a good new grind with the emphasis on playing carefully to build slowly. Will also see if 10 per cent of wagering my whole roll a night is feasible and whether or not that is dependent on the types of games i play and how many. Need to be very aware of whats going on and ffs i hope i find a settled grind shortly.

Dont do yourself out of $$ you can get 99.5% pretty sure. Its the same as having cash in your account if all you play is tournaments.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #893 on: March 12, 2012, 01:27:12 PM »

Excuse me now while i approach passers by on my surrounding streets, naked, performing the windmill.

had missed this - wp fella!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 12, 2012, 01:31:29 PM »

Dont do yourself out of $$ you can get 99.5% pretty sure. Its the same as having cash in your account if all you play is tournaments.

nice one, noted
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 12, 2012, 01:32:29 PM »

Excuse me now while i approach passers by on my surrounding streets, naked, performing the windmill.

5000 of that has gone up in two days, pretty sickening stuff. BRM has to change lol.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #896 on: March 12, 2012, 01:33:59 PM »

5000 of that has gone up in two days, pretty sickening stuff. BRM has to change lol.

yeah but you might have won a Sunday! I agree BRM is key, but once you have decided to take the shot you gotta live with the decision!

#win!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 12, 2012, 01:49:43 PM »

yeah but you might have won a Sunday! I agree BRM is key, but once you have decided to take the shot you gotta live with the decision!

#win!

Precisely. I am very fickle, if i would have won five figures i wouldn't have been complaining. Ha.
Fenix35

View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 13, 2012, 03:46:30 AM »

great run recently ant keep goin!
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #899 on: March 13, 2012, 05:45:39 AM »

Wp on recent results, I am very much the same when it comes to taking shots, 'he who dares wins' and all that - The fact is, this will only end in tears and heartache, my best advice to you, would be to go steady and ensure you have enough $$ to just keep playing, that way, the more volume u play, the more things u will learn/improve, the more results u will get.

As long as you have money to keep playing, then u always have that chance to win something big, it is hard to adopt this mentality, and I still can't do it, had plenty of chances too. If u are serious about wanting to be one of the best in this game, you do need to change the shot taking to a certain extent.

If u wanna shot take, I would say play sat's for big live tourneys, if u lucky enough to get in then who knows... Only takes one big tourney to change your life - GL
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: