blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 04:31:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 190339 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: November 07, 2012, 07:44:57 AM »

I am on a $25k downswing on Pokerstars.

fook! Hope things pick up bud
Ditto. Dig in. Best of luck.

Very kind words, thank you.

The blog will be back up shortly.

I think i may be doing some organising of what tourns are best to play and a revised schedule tonight, alongside only playing up to maybe 6 tables. I think I may try a GUKPT satellite for Blackpool on Friday. Would be lovely to bink a seat and i think i will be only having one attempt at it. I don't want the live momentum to go and want to play as many £300+ tourns as possible . I have had 6 cashes over $1000, 4 of which are over $2000 live and for someone that doesn't play too often it's decent going and I really enjoy it.

As Dreenie says there are loads of sats available online so I will go for it. I think thought the best route for me may well to be to stick to the normal grind and punt on these live tournaments out of the profits as these satellites can upset the rest of the grind as its a decently high investment at around £150 a pop for a £1k and it's effectively a 1/10 shot, reduced probably to around 1/6 with the skill edge but still its high risk and hurts the bottom line at the end of the night unless you bink.

I could get backing but i fucking hate it. Lol at the aggression but its true, I want my efforts to all be mine and don't want anything tainting it. Just means i need to build up a live tournament kitty. Maybe 20% of my monthly profits can go into it? I dunno, I shall see.

Tonight for the organisation, I need to locate all the satellites and live events going in the UK and abroad that i want to go for and try and map the best route to get there if i choose to. Make sure I am on the best bonus deal for the site of choice for the network. Most importantly i need to select tourns that aren't necessarily the softest generally but the tourns i play best in. For example, people would say load up on the French sites as they are the softest. Not for me! Whatever it is I haven't cracked it and I am getting beaten up on there. My big winning sites are Party, Pacific, Pokerstars (despite the casual $25k downswing, I know, I am that good!), Full Tilt and B2B (which is now dying a death which is upsetting) and I think it is because a good solid TAG game gets shit done on there.

Also I can't ignore my turbo tourney good play. I am $20k up on stars in them, and after just checking I am a little down on the standard playing tourns on there after being as high as $7k. Right then, I must have been affected by playing turbos only for all that time at the beginning of the year by probably concentrating too much on playing pre flop, which has made the standard tourns dip in quality for me. Also this suggests to me that i should load up on the turbos as that is clearly my best type of tournament to play. I think for standard tourns i must start playing a lot slower pre and concentrate a lot more post flop. Interesting to see that actually. Should mention though 16k of the downswing has come from turbos and 10k ish from the standards. I might have to add a big tilt factor too to that run. Argh.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: November 07, 2012, 09:19:33 AM »

Cheers guys.

Going to make this thread much more alluring when i get my online pokers up and running again. Go to the 'Tips for Tikay' thread in the Betting section to see the huge bets i have on two Championship games, after the dust has settled with that, I will update this thread, probably daily.

With what will be my outlay for the day in $, my profits/losses on that day and weekly/monthly cumulative losses/profits. With notes on how each day went in terms of how well i played and what needs improving.

Will be pretty small entries as well to aid in easier reading so hopefully you guys will enjoy it. Need to make sure though i keep it up during the rough times!

BTW to make you guys feel better about yourselves, I am on a $25k downswing on Pokerstars. I have made up for it and a little bit on top on every other site combined but it is a very nasty occurrence.

Crystal Palace 5 - Ipswich 0

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: November 07, 2012, 09:32:55 AM »

Cheers guys.

Going to make this thread much more alluring when i get my online pokers up and running again. Go to the 'Tips for Tikay' thread in the Betting section to see the huge bets i have on two Championship games, after the dust has settled with that, I will update this thread, probably daily.

With what will be my outlay for the day in $, my profits/losses on that day and weekly/monthly cumulative losses/profits. With notes on how each day went in terms of how well i played and what needs improving.

Will be pretty small entries as well to aid in easier reading so hopefully you guys will enjoy it. Need to make sure though i keep it up during the rough times!

BTW to make you guys feel better about yourselves, I am on a $25k downswing on Pokerstars. I have made up for it and a little bit on top on every other site combined but it is a very nasty occurrence.

Crystal Palace 5 - Ipswich 0

Click to see full-size image.

I am sorry I didn't warn you about how good a bet it was........ha. You need to just start taking my Palace bets as gold without any other backing from anyone else imo. I am not just a crazy backer of every game sort of guy either. Deciding against betting on Saturday to a tricky game away against Peterborough. Smiley

The 5-0 was a joy to watch btw, but understandably i was sweating the Boro game once i knew Palace was in the bag, wasn't to be Sad
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: November 08, 2012, 02:00:04 AM »

how much did you have on palace and what price?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: November 08, 2012, 02:27:36 AM »

how much did you have on palace and what price?

1000£ at 19/20, but other bets on the night only meant i was £50 up. If Boro won too I was in for £5000 profit, that game was 0-0, close. In hindsight just should have settled for the near grand profit and not got greedy.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: November 08, 2012, 02:56:31 AM »

noice

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: November 10, 2012, 04:03:24 AM »

Lost about $900 last night after playing in bed, which is never a good thing to do as I am not concentrating properly.

Felt a little tilted tonight, so i changed it up and played a localish £110, £10k GTD at the Big Slicks Club in Purley. 35k starting stack and two day 1's with day 2 on Sunday. For the price, absolutely exceptional value for those who don't want to be spending too much and want deepstack poker. Think this is a monthly tourn, which will always be good if I fancy a cheap tournament.

The atmosphere was great too and I fully enjoyed my first visit in what had to be over 2 years. Ended the day on a tad over 150k at 1500/3000 300 antes. Should be fireworks pretty early on on Sunday when I go back, and they said to expect about £3000 up top which isn't bad. I would hope too that for a lot of the people playing this that it is a little out of their comfort zone and I can look to take advantage, but I did find myself unfortunately on a table with probably the best players in the room after i had been transferred from a table that was playing like nothing i had seen before. It was beautiful. I just sat back and just smiled deeply inside at the beauty of the chaos I was seeing, making sure not to be caught up too much myself but found it refreshing to see people playing much looser than I would expect in a £500 or a £1k. So I enjoyed the trip so much more for that.

And o my, I do love an annoyed punter after they get knocked out after being unlucky. The guys that just can't take it and bemoan the other player for the way they play it and say they have been running like that for months and question why they play the game in the first place. I am a little sick in just soaking that all up and feeling happy inside. This comes from years of having to deal with these situations myself and containing myself, being polite and taking it on the chin. So when i see people doing the opposite, I quite often find myself close to poking the fire and engaging in conversation.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: November 10, 2012, 07:13:03 AM »

Lol. One of my fav bits about poker too. Just love to see guys totally lose the plot.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: November 11, 2012, 10:34:26 PM »

I made the final table of the £110 at Big Slicks in Purley. It was £3300 up top. I was nursing a 7 bbs stack on the FT the whole time and all i needed was a 15 bbs stack to exert huge pressure and I think ultimately take it down as they were very inclined to fold pre, when there was a HUGE amount of dead money in pre flop.

I was comfortable enough with my 220k stack at 15/30k 3000 ante as I was getting my shoves through nicely and I was waiting to hopefully get a premium and probably extract some value with them by limping or what not.

Upsetting to have played for so long and come 8th for £300, but I quite enjoyed it and had praise from a few of the guys who thought I had played well as i exited.

The final table was extremely shallow btw, so getting as low as 7bbs was ok as as little as 5bbs shoves were getting through uncalled which was mental I know but with everyone shallow, it was quite tight.

I had my bets for the weekend all come in. Had £100 on the Cardiff, Boro, Palace treble for £918 returns and £450 on the Palace, Charlton Draw No Bet for about 2100 returns. So overall, 550 wagered and 2563 profit made, which was lovely.
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: November 11, 2012, 10:55:20 PM »

Charlton mess up ur footy bet? Tongue yay never knew you were a palace fans congrats on ur recent form its been ridic, hope you cant keep it up and goodluck

Twitter: @johnnybev1987
#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: November 12, 2012, 04:48:47 PM »

Charlton mess up ur footy bet? Tongue yay never knew you were a palace fans congrats on ur recent form its been ridic, hope you cant keep it up and goodluck

Nope Charlton put the icing on the cake topping off £2500ish proft on a £550 wagered bit of betting, wasn't a sweat at all really as well which was nice. Tyty on behalf of Palace, it doesn't look like we will relent. Who do you support?
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: November 12, 2012, 05:03:08 PM »

I literally explained that in the post beforehand. I basically just want to brag. Such a punter though, the pack of cards will probably come tumbling after my next set of bets.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: November 15, 2012, 01:17:05 PM »

Got a live staking request up if any of you are interested - http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=59519.0
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: November 15, 2012, 01:29:52 PM »

Just out of interest, why would you bet £1450 on a couple of football bets for this weekend then give up 40% of your action in a 550 comp ?

GL with both.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: November 15, 2012, 01:40:09 PM »

I made a mistake with the sports betting.

I bet too much and was done in haste. The staking request is the start of much better financial care and after Saturday I will never be betting that much again on one days play. The £2500 i won last weekend sort of gave me the warped idea betting £1450 was OK as I was only eating into profits.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: