blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 02:02:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 191681 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: November 15, 2012, 04:36:51 PM »

Playing the Vic £330 tonight. Will probably be updating if the battery on my phone holds. Ends after one night and plays pretty quickly, which suits me nicely with my experience in turbos online. Have dealt in this before, 4 handed for the lions share of £5000 and wouldn't mind a repeat occurrence tonight.

Tomorrow is day 1a of the £550 tournament in Reading which I am playing after receiving backing in the staking thread. Hopefully both will return a nice amount of money.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: November 15, 2012, 09:29:04 PM »

12000 going into 150/300, just Neil Channing on my table and he is now on his second bullet and up from my table. 80 entries here I think so a great turn out for a midweek 300 imo.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: November 15, 2012, 09:57:51 PM »

£7405 ftw with 9 paid. 51 left.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: November 15, 2012, 11:15:09 PM »

And out! 10bbs shove with 10J called by AK, A first card. Completely card dead and ul.
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: November 19, 2012, 01:59:56 AM »

Charlton mess up ur footy bet? Tongue yay never knew you were a palace fans congrats on ur recent form its been ridic, hope you cant keep it up and goodluck

Nope Charlton put the icing on the cake topping off £2500ish proft on a £550 wagered bit of betting, wasn't a sweat at all really as well which was nice. Tyty on behalf of Palace, it doesn't look like we will relent. Who do you support?

Just seen this, Charlton obv 

Twitter: @johnnybev1987
#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: November 21, 2012, 10:44:08 PM »

Really would like to play GPS Sheffiled.

Played two days ago won about $1500, played yesterday and lost about $1300. Tonight and tomorrow I am going to grind hard and look to make about £700 to cover the trip to Sheffiield for my last live punt ever really. I think after this I am going to either ask for backing by selling packages or completely grind my arse off for 6 days a week with a very safe buy ins rule to make everything comfortable. Will experiment with plays and look to try and find an optimum approach to different tourns with their diff structures and buy ins.

If after the two days I haven't made over £700, I will leave it and dig in hard to expand the BR, so hopefully I can take live shots without much of a risk at all. Just need patience tbh and I am always jumping the gun. Tomorrow daytime I am doing a complete overhaul of my financial approach to life. Look at how much I can afford to lose on a night of poker so I know never to go over that, and with that money what tourns and where should I play?

Also at all my expenditures. I know my food bill is way too high and is a massive leak of mine it must be about £30 a day, which just isn't necessary. I also need to track my money meticulously online when I play and try to gauge where I make most of my money, where I am comfortable and to continue playing more on there. I think I lose tons of money in online satellites, and I am starting to think fuck it it isn't worth it. I may as well use that money to play my normal schedule and build a pot by the end of the month that I can punt on live tourns if I so wish.

ATM I don't know what I am going to do but I will look into it properly tomorrow.

Realised recently in research for a staking request, that my pokersite usernames on sharkscope accumulate to over $175,000 in profits over the 5 years I have been playing. The first 2 to 3 of those I only played on one site on cryptologic that isn't tracked, so those profits basically represent 3 years of play, but if I had to tell you where that money went I wouldn't be able to. A combination of fishy spells in online cash and my early days in live tourns where I got generally really nervous when I used to play and was probably operating at 50% of my capabilities. I spunked loads. The sharkscope profits weren't even inclusive of the 4 holiday packages I have won too, which were worth £14k combined.

However depressing it is about how I leaked the money, the uplifting thing is that my stats show I am a very good player, definitely have my flaws and nowhere near the finished article, but I can hold my own. I think If I combined my good poker play with equally good bankroll measures, then I should be onto a winner.

I am actually thinking about getting my mother in to run my books to just look into what I am doing with my money, so whatever I do will hold up to scrutiny. Run everything by her, until I get the confidence to not be such a complete pleb by myself. Sounds alright actually.

I don't think I have grown up as I should have, in regards to money. Up until 18 I was covered by my parents as most people are that go onto further education, then by 18 I could live from the profits from poker as I was going through uni. I always kept enough safe so I can live from for the foreseeable future, but then thought the rest of my money was just free reign to go mental and just generally not being very clever. I think if I was under big pressure to be clever with my money I would be, but by being alright at poker I have been able to make enough to fund my other life leaks and still live pretty comfortably.

Going to be interesting to note the turnaround. Live punting will have to stop I do know that and I am treating Sheffield as the last one I am ever going to do, If I make enough to go up there.
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: November 22, 2012, 12:01:35 AM »

Good luck with the tourney if you play it.
Has the losing $1300 in one night been the catalyst to all this new way of thinking about your approach to poker?
You are young so bound to go a bit mad along the way, if you can get into place what you say you want to,it    should be a big help to your bankroll.
keep posting anyway, plenty of people will offer advice on here if you want/need it.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: November 22, 2012, 06:38:47 AM »

Good luck with the tourney if you play it.
Has the losing $1300 in one night been the catalyst to all this new way of thinking about your approach to poker?
You are young so bound to go a bit mad along the way, if you can get into place what you say you want to,it    should be a big help to your bankroll.
keep posting anyway, plenty of people will offer advice on here if you want/need it.

Cheers.

I won't be playing it. Tonight and the last three nights I have played I would say I have played very well. Been very creative with some of my plays and most of the time they have been paying off but eventually I haven't been getting the rub of the green late on.

Put simply what I must do now is probably double the amount of buy ins I allow myself so the swings are less severe and to absolutely bash the games for 12 hours a night on 24 tables at a time for about 80 tourns a night or more.

I really have got a fire in my big belly now not to fuck around anymore and with the safer buy ins rule and the increase in volume I would be really unlucky to hit the really harsh end of variance that rears its head despite doing everything right. Lowering my buy ins and playing more games is a recipe for more profitability and at a safer standard and when I have played with as many buy ins as i am thinking about doing now, variance hasn't mattered much at all because it is getting smashed across the face by ferocious volume.

I just haven't applied myself before. Been impatient. Looking longingly towards live ventures that are high risk and piss all over some solid online work when it doesn't go your way especially if you get your head turned by the rush of it all and the lure of the big win.

I have pretty much had it with the way I have been acting. Very foolishly and I think it has manifested itself too in my rapid weight gain over the last two years and much much recently my rather foolish exploits into football betting. I think Championship betting is okay and I will continue to do it but don't ever go over £200 a weekend, because you are breaching comfort barriers. I had laid out £2300 i bleieve across Boro and Palace to get a win and the results of the two made me get my money back. Then I wagered £1450 and I got lucky and got £2500 profit from it and I believe there was a third time where i wagered over £1000 but only lost £200.

I even have about £500 on this weekend. It is silly and I am reigning that in completely.

I think I have developed a really lazy nature and am taking the piss with how I am carrying myself. I need to start now with an exercise regime, a better diet, a poker plan, a money plan, and a life plan. Stick to it with obvious room for manoeuvre with it, but do anything other than what I am doing now. Which is basically, get out of bed, order a takeaway, don't leave the house unless its to the pub or meeting up with mates, play poker for only about 6 hours and do enough to get by.

Thought I would lay it all bare to say I am pretty pissed off. This has nothing to do either with my bankroll which is fairly comfortable (and probably a reason why I am being so lazy), but it is just sad to look back on the last year and say I really haven't achieved as much as I should have in terms of poker volume and other life ventures. I just can't let any more days slip by with me acting like a complete moron.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: November 29, 2012, 08:05:17 PM »

Been playing turbos and turbo satellites today and just examining whats what. Learnt a lot about what sats to avoid and what ones I should continue. I bloody hate those x3 ones with a huge add on, i think i need to late reg in those, stay tight and just add on because you can do your bollocks in them so quickly.

Have a decent rail opportunity too in the 55 x2 with anup returns on stars if any of you want to see me take it down:)

Decided that my heart and my profitability is mainly in turbos and I will be banging them out hard for the rest of the year and allowing for some of the bigger tourns. Mainly going to be concentrating on Pokerstars too.

Would be nice to get a run going!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: November 29, 2012, 08:16:19 PM »

the 55 x2 didnt go well but got a pretty busy schedule tonight, hoepfully summin comes good.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: December 03, 2012, 07:23:10 PM »

I have just put up a staking request if anyone is interested here.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=59680.msg1676748#new
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: December 05, 2012, 03:00:48 PM »

For the staking request above I have now opened it up to 1% investments if that interests you with 15-20% remaining.

1%= £18

I will be playing the event whatever happens now as I am happy with at least 35% which has now been booked.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: December 08, 2012, 01:06:26 PM »

On the tv table from 1.30pm www.gentingpokerseries.com/live

30 mins delay but you can see chip counts and my cards as the action happens.
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: December 08, 2012, 01:50:29 PM »

On the tv table from 1.30pm www.gentingpokerseries.com/live

30 mins delay but you can see chip counts and my cards as the action happens.

Just read through your blog/diary made for a good and interesting read... and to top it off I can now watch this live..

Good Luck... Take it down!
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: December 08, 2012, 03:32:36 PM »

Been watching about an hour, been card dead, pushed with 10 bb with AQ to take blinds,

other than that... NOTHING!!!
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: