blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:51:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Online staking question.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Online staking question.  (Read 2895 times)
Acidmouse

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2011, 01:29:05 PM »

Not asking for staking, I may never do so depenending on the responses to a few questions.

What type of volume and level of buyins for either cash tables (6 handed NLH) or SnG (6 handed) would it be deemed acceptable or attractive for someone to back/mentor another player?

I currently only ever player $1 to $6 Sng's and my cash tables experiance has only ever gone up to 0.10c / .025c tables. Would it need to be much higher or would this be fine if I was putting the volume in.

I am considering one of those bankroll sites but my worry is the volume you need to put in might not be possible for me.

I am a winning player but tend to go on huge tilt if bad beat comes to me, so believe the discipline of someone elses money would prevent this from happening. I did the blonde staking a while ago and think my roi was quiet decent but obv I was only playing $5 SNG's so no one made huge profits!

LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 01:37:37 PM »

Do you have a RB acount?
How many hours do you think you could play a week?
how many tables do you think you could play?

would you take a stab at 25/50  50/1
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 01:40:27 PM »

Do you have a RB acount?
How many hours do you think you could play a week?
how many tables do you think you could play?

would you take a stab at 25/50  50/1

Nope. But then again I would just create one for staking purposes..

I rekon about 20hrs a week.

I dont like playing more then 4 tables at time.

I would look to play a few levels above sure, the times I have had a try at them I have found no difference in skill of the players.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 02:30:00 PM »

What sort of sample size do you have at given limits? And what sort of winrate? I think you need to be able to show at least 50,000 hands at a stake to claim to be beating it personally for nlhe.

r.e the tilt thing lots of people say they think that playing other peoples money would stop them tilting but in my experience this really really isnt the case, the thing about tilt is it is just loss of emotional and mental control, and when that happens whose money your playing does loose relevance as much as you think it wouldn't and with all the best will. I have had some EPIC tilted blowups in the past really the only way to aviod it is to

be in a good mood when you play, not tired/hungry/distracted
be playing within a bankroll - if you're playin g a $5k roll getting a horrid suckout for a buyin at 50nl isnt anywhere near as tilting as when playing off a $400 roll
really learn to seperate yourself from results and be able to analsye each play by it's merit win or loose - its obv annoying to play a hand well and get ul, but its just as bad to play a hand badly and win (altho not in the short term lol Smiley )

r.e. volume 20hours a week playing ~80 hands per table per hour 4 tabling = 25,600 hands per month which would be above fine for any of the bankroll backing sites afaik

Not sure if im allowed to say this (take this out of im breaking rules or w/e cos im involved it) but the firm might be a really good place to start as you could get free mentoring with that level of volume and there are one or two EXTREMELY good nl cash game players on the site.

Not wanting to flame/de-rail, just think you will prolly need a bigger proven sample to get backing from one of the sites

feel free to add me on skype (suuprlim) im on pretty much 24/7 (sad lol) if i can help with anything

glglgl

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 02:49:56 PM »

Cheers for response.

Over the holidays at Xmass I did about 10k hands on stars...but I played a few weeks on Sky and it does some ALOT softer. So I am guessing I would need to put in a month to produce a big enough sample size. I did ok with not tilting when backed by blonde, but I understand the need to detach yourself from results and how you actually play. I will have a look at the firm site and see what the critera is and sample size needed..
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 02:53:56 PM »

http://www.pokertableratings.com/hand-history/stars/56225226411/12495881891

http://www.pokertableratings.com/hand-history/stars/56225056835/12495840079

two offending hands that sent me on tilt I played them so fuking bad its untrue.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 02:54:30 PM »

Cheers for response.

Over the holidays at Xmass I did about 10k hands on stars...but I played a few weeks on Sky and it does some ALOT softer. So I am guessing I would need to put in a month to produce a big enough sample size. I did ok with not tilting when backed by blonde, but I understand the need to detach yourself from results and how you actually play. I will have a look at the firm site and see what the critera is and sample size needed..

add me on skype and il get someone to talk to you about it if you like

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 02:55:32 PM »

Cheers for response.

add me on skype and il get someone to talk to you about it if you like

Ta will do when home Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: