blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:15:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Yes or No
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yes or No  (Read 5110 times)
bundle

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2005, 11:26:01 PM »

You are in a tourney 1500 starting chips 301 runners. second hand you get A T DIA..you are 2 off the bb and have had 1 limper, in for 20. you raised it to 100 and the limper is the only caller..flop comes out

Limper checks and you bet the pot..He then puts you all in

DO YOU CALL..
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 11:30:29 PM »

pot is 250+250+250 and then his all in of what about 1050, to 1k to win 1800, given his possible hands he might have, a flush draw is possible, and Q etc, its hand 1 therer are 300 runners... i am tempted to call and hope my ace is live.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 11:31:33 PM »

no . could be slowplaying aces or queens, no need to risk your chips at this stage

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

bundle

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 11:32:46 PM »

GOOD ANSWERS GUYS
sharpy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 11:34:41 PM »

I would call....your ace should be an out here and a double-up with the flush would give you a good start in the tourney

But then again you saw me play tonite so ignore me Cheesy

Play Up Pompey
bundle

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 11:39:34 PM »

OK well infact im a fish so i couldnt lay it down and called

He was holding QQ so his all in was a good bet to chase off the flush draw. however i hit the 2 dia on the river. Not looking for a pat on the back, Just wondered how bad a call that is

Cheers guys
dan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005, 11:40:33 PM »

i might call, i like to get chips early in comps with that sort of field. he too could be drawing. sometimes i would sometimes i wouldnt
bundle

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2005, 11:41:24 PM »

sharpy i thought you played great there tonight how did you end up?
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2005, 11:41:33 PM »

Fold for me personally, im not risking all my chips here on a flush draw w/o odds. You would be a big dog if he has a set, he also could have your ace (ace queen for example). I would wait for a better spot, but i understand the reasoning behind getting an early double up but this is a bit too much like playing roulette for mine.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2005, 11:53:08 PM »

I'll go for no, don't like the idea of needing your ace to be live to get the odds. I always fold marginal hands in tournaments.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
sharpy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2005, 12:11:04 AM »

I came 4th in the end.I pushed in on a Q high flop with a King because the guy had been nicking my big blind for the last 5 rounds..He had pocket Queens... >:?

Anyway it is a matter of opinion and strategy as to wether that was a good or bad call..If you like to get chips early then yes it's a call,your 3-1 to hit the flush.On the net and it's not an overly big buy-in(as opposed to your bankroll) then I can see how you called this....Also you've got a flop that you would be looking for with this hand

Play Up Pompey
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2005, 12:54:20 PM »

I think your pot sized bet on the flop has commited you, you'll get re-raised all day if you pass now. You've almost got the odds to call and your damaged anyway if you don't. If you bet about half the pot on the flop then you can get away from the hand much easier.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2005, 02:43:21 PM »

You've almost got the odds

Almost isn't good enough for me, especially in a tournament.

I understand the thinking behind it, players will notice you as a loose caller and not raise you without the goods in future. I just don't buy into it though. The other side of that coin is that you'll get more calls than perhaps you want. I see these two as cancelling each other out and percieve no extra value from a loose call.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 02:55:00 PM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2005, 05:31:10 PM »

You've almost got the odds

Almost isn't good enough for me, especially in a tournament.

I understand the thinking behind it, players will notice you as a loose caller and not raise you without the goods in future. I just don't buy into it though. The other side of that coin is that you'll get more calls than perhaps you want. I see these two as cancelling each other out and percieve no extra value from a loose call.

300 runners to munch through, bolox to that get a stack or get out!

I had a similar hand happen last night, hand 3 or 4 of a MTT, i limped for 40 with A9d, the BB made it 200 to go i called. Flop Two Clubs, he now leads out for 200, i felt he had maybe AQ/QQ something like that, so i stuck in a big bet to scare him off, he re-raised all in i called he had QQ. I missed but i dont really care, a chance to double up that early for 12 outs, i was hoping for a fold but i take the coin toss.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
portfolio

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2005, 01:54:54 AM »

yes.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: