blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:07:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Bottom set all in???
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bottom set all in???  (Read 5135 times)
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2005, 03:36:44 AM »

Cash game

me middle position  two spades two hearts I limp in.

5 callers, flop   Two Clubs three clubs with £8 in the pot.

Checked round to me, by 3 loose weak players, 1 loose aggressive player to act.

I move all in, for £28 more.

Loose aggressive moves all in behind me for £220, everyone else folds.

he shows 

I show my set.

I think I played it badly, what do you think?

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 03:51:39 AM »

Well with a loose aggresive player to act behind you should probably check as he will fire at the rag flop.

Other than that the only mistake is playing in a game with only £30 when the blinds are i guess 1-2!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 03:55:37 AM »

I know, I took out my short stack from my wallet after I done mt initial £200 buyin on a busted set of  which a fish went runner runner to beat, ( i am not bitter ) but thats why i was down to only £30

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 03:57:05 AM »

Seriously though the only thing that might have been better was checking to let the aggresive guy bet to get more value into the pot.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 04:00:44 AM »

well the thing was I expected him of all people to fold to my bet, and the other 2 fish to call me. but he did come in and isolate me killing my hopes of getting the fish in.

as you can probably guess he hit a flush on the river.

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 12:44:19 PM »

Billy, mind and look back at the hands you win aswell.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 12:46:25 PM »

I would take more than £230 next time. Smiley

Betting £28 into a £8 pot is a bit tilty. I would've checked raised. Let him bet, let others call and then you raise all in. By CR  you get the chance to win the more £'s.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 12:52:06 PM by Nemesis » Logged
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 12:49:07 PM »

well the thing was I expected him of all people to fold to my bet, and the other 2 fish to call me. but he did come in and isolate me killing my hopes of getting the fish in.

as you can probably guess he hit a flush on the river.

was it that bad of a play by the fish???

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
2005 WSOP PLH WORLD CHAMPION
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2005, 02:39:12 PM »

I think so, the flush draw should flat call (if he's going to play) as it would do better 3/4 handed than with 2 players. More callers is good for the draw, bad for the made hand.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2005, 02:59:19 PM »

Tank nails it again...

Billy you're unlucky with that one. But this is another one of those bad beat stories disguised as a hand analysis isn't it? Cheesy

Similar thing happened to me, this time it was played right. Turns out I was lucky, but I feel I played it right.

I had limped with  Two Diamonds  two spades on the button, the blinds check. Flop came down  Two Clubs    - good, I made a set, and I'm being bet into by Paul Brysons mate, who is a bit fishy to say the least, hes limped UTG, I just took a mammoth pot off him with a set of 3 s in the previous hand - I put him on an ace, maybe even with a decent kicker. Also, we get one other caller who I put on an ace. The call puts him all in, so I'm not bothered too much about his hand, plus hes tilting massively. I flat call.

Turn is a  , and fishy in the corner bets. This time, I raise, theres a flush draw on the board, and I don't want him hitting any back door outs - but he's going to call anyway so I might as well get the money in the pot now. He goes all in, I call and he turns over  three clubs !!! Needless to say, justice was served on the river, with another  . All in boy did have an ace, and fish features had flopped a straight, but as Chris promptly said "serves you right from limping under the gun with 3 5 off suit"
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 03:00:56 PM by mikkyT » Logged
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2005, 03:11:24 PM »

Billy you're unlucky with that one. But this is another one of those bad beat stories disguised as a hand analysis isn't it? Cheesy

To be fair, this one warrants a decent discussion as to how to play the flopped bottom set.

Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2005, 03:19:58 PM »

I am not looking to vent my bad beat stories at all mikky, I am just having a good look at my game so I can plug up some leaks and improve. As I said I wanted the loose aggressive guy out, because I knew the other 2 fish would have called me, they were calling everything all night. but alas it never worked out the way I wanted. I Really am looking for advice on how I should have played it better.

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2005, 03:37:04 PM »

Billy, I was joking Cheesy it was something tank said earlier... nevermind, it went over your head.

TBH, if I where you, I wouldn't have moved all in. Thats your "usual style" - Billy either tries to buy the pot now with top/middle pair again with a big over bet, or has no hand and wants it to look like Billy buying the pot with pish.

wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2005, 03:41:48 PM »

I lost most of my stack in the WSOP main event, and also the WPT at Foxwoods, when I played my  nut flush draw to aggresive. I was unlucky both times to run into the guy w/ bottom set . I tried to get these players to lay down a big hand, as it turns out the hand was just to big for them to lay down.

Both were in the 1st level, you can say I played too fast but I wanted that early lead. The WSOP deal was really hard for me, I would have doubled up or won a big pot if he had layed down his hand.  

I pushed both times after check raising the flop! I thought this was proper, if I needed an out I still was drawing to the nut flush Cool They were hudge over bets, WSOP guy called instantly but the WPT guy took for ever. BOTH IN LEVEL 1!!!!!!!!!!!!

If and when would you fold this, I would push w/ bottom set if there were any flush or straight draws on the flop!

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
2005 WSOP PLH WORLD CHAMPION
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2005, 03:52:21 PM »

Agree Brian... But then in my example above I thought I was ahead with bottom set, all the way. No way on Earth someone could limp with 35 UTG (or so I thought!) and neither of them are good enough to slowroll aces like that (again, my opinion).

There where no draws on the flop, unless someone was limping with something like A3, K5? On the turn came a flush draw. So I want to draw people in with their aces and hope they make two pair, increasing my pot. With them betting into me it does change things slightly, as neither I would consider people who bet total drawing hands.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: