blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:51:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Bottom set all in???
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bottom set all in???  (Read 5124 times)
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2005, 03:57:43 PM »

Billy, I was joking Cheesy it was something tank said earlier... nevermind, it went over your head.

TBH, if I where you, I wouldn't have moved all in. Thats your "usual style" - Billy either tries to buy the pot now with top/middle pair again with a big over bet, or has no hand and wants it to look like Billy buying the pot with pish.

I was not going with that "old " style, I really had thought about the play, and i had worked out how I wanted it to play, But alas I made a bad read and things did'nt go as I had expected.  The bloke that called me was not a regular to the club and not to cash games so he would not be familiar with the cray poker I had been playing.

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2005, 04:01:15 PM »

There was no bad read here, you played it fine and were outdrawn.

With bottom set and only £8 in the pot, your mission is to get the rest of your dosh in and find someone with the worst of it to call you. This happened, you did well, can't win them all though.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2005, 04:03:39 PM »

Billy, its going to take a while for everyone to forget your old style... granted, this person was new anyway. But I think you should capitalise on the transition period - better still, keep changing your game, flit from old to new, so nobody gets a read on you. And stay out of pots with me Wink
sharpy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2005, 04:07:48 PM »

I agree with thetank...you limped with pocket 2's and hit your set,I should imagine that was the reason you entered the pot with them.Once you hit your set the money is going in unless the flop is all the same suit.Then you have a descision to make

Play Up Pompey
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2005, 07:42:57 PM »

Billy, last night was the first time I had played at the same table as you for a while & I was surpised at how disciplined you were (well for you anyway  Wink)

I didnt like you calling an all in tho early doors with KQo, that was tilt as you had just doubled up the hand before & went back to your old ways.

Quote of the night from Billy, gets all in preflop with  against  Ah

"I dont mind telling you mate, your drawing thin"  Cheesy

The guy proceeds to river a  high straight  Cheesy

Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2005, 08:04:24 PM »

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: