blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 02:47:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272989 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Cheltenham 2011
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham 2011  (Read 51952 times)
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2011, 02:07:21 AM »

In terms of the Irish raiders I really like the look of Hurricane Fly in the Champion and So Young in the Neptune but am loathe to take single figure prices at the antepost stage of the markets. I hope I can still get 5/1 on the fly nearer the time. I think people forget that the horse beat Go Native by 10 lengths which was subsequently 11/4 fav for last years Champion. I think the horse has shown clear signs of returning to that form in its last couple of runs and could have beaten Solwhit by whatever distance it wanted. So Young has a similar profile to that which Mikael D'Haguenet had when winning the same race in 09.

Incred its like 2 and a half weeks!

I'm in the Hurricane Fly camp too but like you have not yet invested.

If you see any 5/1 NRNB give us a shout please.

http://www.stanjames.com/betting/index.asp?sl=sltc&gi=0&sltc=328294.2&sle=1539878.2&slm=7469791.2

13 days!

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2011, 01:15:43 PM »

In terms of the Irish raiders I really like the look of Hurricane Fly in the Champion and So Young in the Neptune but am loathe to take single figure prices at the antepost stage of the markets. I hope I can still get 5/1 on the fly nearer the time. I think people forget that the horse beat Go Native by 10 lengths which was subsequently 11/4 fav for last years Champion. I think the horse has shown clear signs of returning to that form in its last couple of runs and could have beaten Solwhit by whatever distance it wanted. So Young has a similar profile to that which Mikael D'Haguenet had when winning the same race in 09.

Incred its like 2 and a half weeks!

I'm in the Hurricane Fly camp too but like you have not yet invested.

If you see any 5/1 NRNB give us a shout please.

http://www.stanjames.com/betting/index.asp?sl=sltc&gi=0&sltc=328294.2&sle=1539878.2&slm=7469791.2

13 days!

Cheers mate, I see that WH are going 11/2 but it's not NRNB

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2011, 11:02:04 PM »

This is a good song:

This offering from this cross between Trigg and Red Dog isn't:

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2011, 11:24:34 PM »

The second one is the best thing ever.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2011, 12:18:43 AM »

arkle sure is day 3
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2011, 12:20:15 AM »

im buzzing by the way, had a few antepost bets already, mainly to save me doing my cobblers in while im down there. my portfolio looks  like this

£50 5/1 e/w garde champetre for the cross country ()
£15 e/w tidal bay gold cup bonrnb 33/1 (b365)
£80 grands crus 9/4 bonrnb (b365)
£80 cue card ()5/2 supreme novices
£20 medermit arkle 5.5
£25 menorah 6.5 champion hurdle
£17 sommersby 8.6 champion chase
£17 jessies dream 10.5 RSA
£20 starluck Arkle 16
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2011, 12:35:53 AM »

im buzzing by the way, had a few antepost bets already, mainly to save me doing my cobblers in while im down there. my portfolio looks  like this

£50 5/1 e/w garde champetre for the cross country ()
£15 e/w tidal bay gold cup bonrnb 33/1 (b365)
£80 grands crus 9/4 bonrnb (b365)
£80 cue card ()5/2 supreme novices
£20 medermit arkle 5.5
£25 menorah 6.5 champion hurdle
£17 sommersby 8.6 champion chase
£17 jessies dream 10.5 RSA
£20 starluck Arkle 16

Garde Chappetre looked like he'd had enough of racing last time he was at Cheltenham.

Couldn't back Tidal Bay with stolen money.

Cue Card looks more solid than Dunguib was in the same race last year, Dunguib was evens, CC is 5/2, I think he's fair value. If Henderson/Mullins or Nicholls trained him, he'd be 6/4.

Arkle looks wide open, prefer your Starluck bet to Medermit, purely because of the price.

The more I look at the Champion Hurdle, the more I like Menorah. Great ew bet I reckon.

I'm on Somersby large ew for the Champion Chase, so I hope you cop there!

GL Triggah!

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2011, 12:33:48 PM »

Interested in your confidence behind Somersby Keith..  Playing for a place imo

Everyone I hear talking about this horse is convinced it gone for the wrong race
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2011, 07:30:28 PM »

So Young - has an entry in the Albert Bartlett and the Neptune - although the races are 2 days apart, I doubt it will run in both?  Any ideas on which race it is heading for pls?

T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2011, 07:48:32 PM »

So Young - has an entry in the Albert Bartlett and the Neptune - although the races are 2 days apart, I doubt it will run in both?  Any ideas on which race it is heading for pls?

Neptune almost certainly
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2011, 08:26:06 PM »

Ty

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2011, 04:54:23 PM »

starluck not going for the Arkle

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/cheltenham-arkle-starluck-team-to-skip-cheltenham-festival/825674/top/

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2011, 05:22:04 PM »

cant wait, travel down Monday, home Thursday, we rent a house for £600.00 for the 4 days, 6 mile out of Chelt, same house every year, Lumping on Menorah and Cue Card, but shyed away from Peddlars Cross, tip for the Mares race....Beshapar and Sparky May from a good source.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
crown

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2011, 06:23:18 PM »

Diamond Harry out of Gold Cup

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/cheltenham-festival-lame-diamond-harry-ruled-out-of-gold-cup/825850/top/
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2011, 09:21:40 AM »

PR

Sky Bet offer nr-nb Cheltenham Festival

Sky Bet is extending its non-runner, no bet offer to cover all 27 races at the Cheltenham Festival from 9.30am on Monday, 7th March.

The safety net for ante-post punters was originally introduced last month on the four Championship races at the Festival by the firm who were one of the first to make the concession available to its customers.

Its popularity has led to Sky Bet widening the offer to encompass all its Festival markets on races at the Festival including the handicaps and novice events in which many horses hold multiple entries.

Matt Doyle of Sky Bet said: ‘Diamond Harry became the latest high profile Festival absentee last Friday and punters who backed the Gold Cup hope with us after we went nr-nb are entitled to a full refund.’

Doyle added: ‘Plenty of horses also hold multiple Festival entries and its a minefield for punters who can now place their bets with confidence knowing its money back if their selection doesn’t run in the race they fancy them for.’

Among the leading contenders keeping their Festival options open is Nicky Henderson’s Aegean Dawn who is entered in both the Coral Cup (Weds) and Vincent O’Brien County Hurdle (Fri).

A victory in this Saturday’s Imperial Cup would tempt connections to chase the £75,000 bonus from the sponsors if Aegean Dawn goes on to double up in the County Hurdle at the Festival just six days later

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: