blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:14:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  $1-2 NLHE - interesting situation
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: $1-2 NLHE - interesting situation  (Read 2290 times)
redarmi

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2011, 03:01:08 AM »

Interesting situation came up in my usual live game the other day.  Just as the dealer was about to deal the floor came up to the table and said we had won the "splash the pot" promo and the winner of the next hand would get a $560 tournament ticket.  We are currently sat with roughly $500 and cover everyone else.  UTG is the next biggest stack with roughly $400 and seems capable and the rest of the table is sat with somewhere between $40 and $150.  UTG immediately shoves all of her chips in and UTG+1 calls for $60 or so.  We are next to act.   What is our calling range???

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 04:44:32 AM »

Without thinking too much about the dynamics of the splash pot scenario, I'd say A9+, KQ, 77+ something like that.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 10:48:44 AM »

I'm gonna be the fish that says gamboooool! Calling here with suited connectors, anything floppable like TJ and above. Not really folding much tbh. Probably massive -ev Smiley.

EV wise I'd agree with alex btw
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 11:53:22 AM »

Why ' gamble' $400 for a 560 ticket when one assumes if you really wanted the ticket you could win your way towards it playing normally

sola virtus nobilitat
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 02:11:10 PM »

Why ' gamble' $400 for a 560 ticket when one assumes if you really wanted the ticket you could win your way towards it playing normally

well it does make a massive difference that there is basically $560 extra in the pot, so you should definitely not play "normally" as you're getting almost 3:1 instead of 2:1 on your $400. 

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 03:02:42 PM »

So there is 680 in the pot in and we have 400 back effectively, i don't think i call here very often. I do ship pretty wide here, I don't have much time but a bit work with pokerstove should give you a reasonable answer.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 03:08:06 PM »

well it does make a massive difference that there is basically $560 extra in the pot, so you should definitely not play "normally" as you're getting almost 3:1 instead of 2:1 on your $400. 

One of the issues I was going through in my mind was whether to value the ticket at $560 or not given I would likely have some equity in the comp too.

Moskvich

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 04:12:45 PM »

So there is 680 in the pot in and we have 400 back effectively, i don't think i call here very often. I do ship pretty wide here, I don't have much time but a bit work with pokerstove should give you a reasonable answer.

Bit more complicated than this though innit, as presumably everyone behind us is going to call. So it's probably going to be an 8-way/9-way pot for about $1k plus the ticket, and then a $500 side pot with UTG.

Think I go JK's route and call with suited connectors and decent one-gappers, suited broadways and aces, AT+ 77+ KJ+..? Maybe. Or just fold and leave the table immediately.

Seems like a really good promotion to run, if you want to close down one of your cash games.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: