blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:36:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  RSQ 52 Back to basics
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RSQ 52 Back to basics  (Read 18448 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 12, 2011, 09:50:26 PM »

Fails  8 Points

Brazil     Girgy85
      Claw 75

Cashew     red Simon

Pistachio     Milligan 84

Almond     George2Loose

Pecan      kinboshi

Okari      Longines

Mongongo   Shogun 112

Maccademia    Tightend

Coconut   Doogan

Walnut   traffic jam
      The Crow

ridiculous Hector, you pillock

I am out of here, goodnight

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: April 12, 2011, 09:50:48 PM »

9. An edible nut.

Sheep 3 Points

Chestnut      sharplea
         Snoopy1239
         Technolog

Hazelnut/Cob Nut 2 Points
         cf
         joobie538

Fails  8 Points

Brazil     Girgy85
      Claw 75

Cashew     red Simon

Pistachio     Milligan 84 

Almond     George2Loose

Pecan      kinboshi

Okari      Longines

Mongongo   Shogun 112

Maccademia    Tightend

Coconut   Doogan

Walnut   traffic jam
      The Crow

LOL

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: April 12, 2011, 09:51:12 PM »

kinboshi - 13 points

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
The-Crow
~*v*~ (_)? ~*v*~

loves SkyPoker

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 12, 2011, 09:53:07 PM »

walnuts are the Healthiest nuts you can eat

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/03/110327191040.htm

don't let all this stuff scare ya.  its all a bit of fun
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 12, 2011, 09:53:44 PM »

Blame the Botanical society not me.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 12, 2011, 09:54:26 PM »

The nuts are a valuable food crop. Only two of the species, Macadamia integrifolia and Macadamia tetraphylla, are of commercial importance. The remainder of the genus possess poisonous and/or inedible nuts, such as M. whelanii and M. ternifolia; the toxicity is due to the presence of cyanogenic glycosides. These glycosides can be removed by prolonged leaching, a practice carried out by some Indigenous Australian people in order to use these species as well.

The two species of edible macadamia readily hybridize, and M. tetraphylla is threatened in the wild due to this. The nut was first discovered by Europeans south of Brisbane in 1828 by the explorer and botanist Alan Cunningham. One of the locations where wild nut trees were originally found was at Mount Bauple near Maryborough in southeast Queensland, Australia. Locals in this area still refer to them as "Bauple nuts". The macadamia nut is the only plant food native to Australia that is produced and exported in any significant quantity.[c

My eyes are open wide
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: April 12, 2011, 09:55:00 PM »

You asked for edible nuts, not botanical nuts. 

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: April 12, 2011, 09:56:00 PM »

They're not nuts, and 3 isn't between 2 and 11.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 12, 2011, 09:56:18 PM »

Sigh. Edible nuts do not have to be classed nuts by the botanical society!!!!

My eyes are open wide
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 12, 2011, 09:56:55 PM »

The nuts are a valuable food crop. Only two of the species, Macadamia integrifolia and Macadamia tetraphylla, are of commercial importance. The remainder of the genus possess poisonous and/or inedible nuts, such as M. whelanii and M. ternifolia; the toxicity is due to the presence of cyanogenic glycosides. These glycosides can be removed by prolonged leaching, a practice carried out by some Indigenous Australian people in order to use these species as well.

The two species of edible macadamia readily hybridize, and M. tetraphylla is threatened in the wild due to this. The nut was first discovered by Europeans south of Brisbane in 1828 by the explorer and botanist Alan Cunningham. One of the locations where wild nut trees were originally found was at Mount Bauple near Maryborough in southeast Queensland, Australia. Locals in this area still refer to them as "Bauple nuts". The macadamia nut is the only plant food native to Australia that is produced and exported in any significant quantity.[c

I recognise that from wikipedia. Now check on the page for what constitues a nut where it states quite clearly that the macademia is not a nut.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: April 12, 2011, 09:57:24 PM »

..and are you blaming the mathematical society for 3 not being between 2 and 11; and blaming who exactly for 'below the bottom lip' being the same as 'the lips'?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 12, 2011, 09:57:52 PM »

I recognise that from wikipedia. Now check on the page for what constitues a nut where it states quite clearly that the macademia is not a nut.

LOL!!!

It is a plant that has a nut. THE NUT IS EDIBLE! This is what you asked!!!

My eyes are open wide
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: April 12, 2011, 09:57:54 PM »

Do you recognise the number 3?

doogan

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 12, 2011, 09:58:02 PM »

Sigh. Edible nuts do not have to be classed nuts by the botanical society!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_culinary_nuts

ANSWERS ALLL

<--------------- prick
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: April 12, 2011, 09:59:26 PM »

List of RSQ QM Nuts

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: