blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:52:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Next Action
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Next Action  (Read 1714 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 04:53:21 AM »

Enjoying this, good thread.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 12:24:54 PM »

Spelling's not bad tho

shippit

looking forward to keys post Tongue

Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 04:15:32 PM »

32/18 is not good preflop stats for 6max, far too passive. Also 9% 3bet probs means ur 3betting too much out of the blinds, judging from your other stats.

how many times have we been through this!!!!!!!!!!

RAISE MORE, PEEL LESS pls

I don't necessarily think AJo is the worst hand to 4b fold vs 8% 3bet, but I think this specifically is a purely horrible spot to do anything but fold.

LOL Dave, I'm working on it but it's hard to get percentages down on the call side.

So you think I should be 4b/f rather than 3b/peeling IP? Surely thats going to cost me more when he 5b/shoves or peels my 4b and I miss?

You're all over the place there bully, 4b/f 3b/peel 5b/shove, ummm wat? And yes it does cost you more when all the bad things happen, in the same sense that getting all in with aces costs you more when you get outdrawn; you have to look at the whole pie vis a vis your long term equity in the hand.

What I think you're asking is: "should I fold, flat, 4b/call or 4b/fold when facing a 3b with AJ/AT?", to which the answer is, unfortunately, 'it depends'. Which option is best depends on your opponent, your relative positions, your opponent's perception of you, your opponent's perception of any other people still to act in the hand, how they think you perceive them and so on. The same goes for a lot of hands besides AJ and AT, but they're often on the crossroads between many options so can seem tough to play. No easy answers I'm afraid :-(

This particular case is a clear fold tho

Edit:: dave posted twice in the time it took me to write this. Was gonna post more about what situations are good for peeling etc but he did it for me

Just got back from a weekend away, but this sentence pretty much sums up my game at the moment!!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: