blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 10:25:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  smashedagain
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 62 Go Down Print
Author Topic: smashedagain  (Read 160621 times)
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: July 19, 2011, 07:34:53 PM »

Just read this Jason, know we haven't met properly (did see you in Galway, who can miss the hoody) - just wanted to say my thoughts are with you and know exactly what you're going through. Dad was diagnosed 18 months ago, and at the moment it's very tough as just had a secondary tumour identified since I got back from Vegas last week. I find it hard enough although I'm fortunate enough to have time at the moment as in between jobs, and no family - can imagine how tough it is to balance everything. Stay strong - best way to support your mum.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 19, 2011, 07:47:12 PM »

Thank you. You should have come and said hello in Galaway. Congratulations even getting there. That was some horrendous weather we had to go through just to be sat down for day 1. I actually knew the guys who won seats the same time as me and the night before and we knew something was up with the draw. Pro's together, last years leader board together , and anyone who bought in at the same time together.

Not good news today as my mum was told she may not even have 3 months. Strange thing is she looked better this afternoon than she has for ages. My wife just had a go at me for not showing any emotion (great poker ability)  but am sat with the kids watching tv in their step brothers room and can hardly see the key board for tears.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 19, 2011, 08:03:26 PM »

Thank you. You should have come and said hello in Galaway. Congratulations even getting there. That was some horrendous weather we had to go through just to be sat down for day 1. I actually knew the guys who won seats the same time as me and the night before and we knew something was up with the draw. Pro's together, last years leader board together , and anyone who bought in at the same time together.

Not good news today as my mum was told she may not even have 3 months. Strange thing is she looked better this afternoon than she has for ages. My wife just had a go at me for not showing any emotion (great poker ability)  but am sat with the kids watching tv in their step brothers room and can hardly see the key board for tears.

Jason

I havent posted but we obv spoke at DTD.

All you can do is be there and make her remaining time as pleasureable (and when the time comes painfree) as possible.

Just before my dad died we shared some days and times together that will last with me forever. Im sure you will find the same.

Terrible times  - i wish you and you family all the best in the world

xxx

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 19, 2011, 08:11:11 PM »

Jason

I havent posted but we obv spoke at DTD.

All you can do is be there and make her remaining time as pleasureable (and when the time comes painfree) as possible.

Just before my dad died we shared some days and times together that will last with me forever. Im sure you will find the same.

Terrible times  - i wish you and you family all the best in the world

xxx

thanks Guy.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 19, 2011, 08:19:54 PM »

Just be with her as much as you can mate.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 19, 2011, 08:28:12 PM »

yes for sure. she is telling my  sister tonight so will be looking into getting her out of hospital and somewhere more comfortable asap. hope she will come and stay with me but i know for sure she will not want to be a pain in the arse as she calls it. my wife has watched her dad die and she is happy to accomadate my mum but i dont want to burdon her with my mum as well as me. Sad

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 19, 2011, 11:31:08 PM »

yes for sure. she is telling my  sister tonight so will be looking into getting her out of hospital and somewhere more comfortable asap. hope she will come and stay with me but i know for sure she will not want to be a pain in the arse as she calls it. my wife has watched her dad die and she is happy to accomadate my mum but i dont want to burdon her with my mum as well as me. Sad

Hope it goes as well as it can, wise words from Cos. Sent you a PM as well, thoughts are with you.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 20, 2011, 12:00:32 AM »

cheers reply sent

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 20, 2011, 11:02:48 AM »

So sorry to hear all this - I hope that talking about it here is helping you to deal with it. The impact on you and your family will be big but from what little I know of you through here it seems you have a strong family around you.
We lost my Mum a few years back, she was 80 when she was diagnosed and accepted her fate with a lot of class. She was a very classy, caring woman my Mum.
Anyway, having been diagnosed in hospital she went home for the last few weeks of her life and we had the most amazing support from the MacMillan Nurses.
We also had the benefit of family rallying round. I spent weeks sleeping in spare rooms at various 2nd cousins' houses and hadn't felt that close to my extended family since I left home 30+ years ago. The rebuilding of those bonds produced something good out of the situation. It came back to the forefront last year when Dad had a triple bypass at age 84 and I had to spend a lot of time heping his recovery.

There's a huge amount of support out there from all sorts of sources, seek it out and embrace it.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 20, 2011, 12:09:59 PM »

For the time being it Maybe best to Forget Poker and Concentrate on your family...unless you can see it as a release mate .
since my mum got ill again 11 weeks ago i aint won a decent sat seat to ukipt, monte carlo or irish open and have spent enough to play em all lol. if you can see your way to rigging the software for me tonight then i would be gratefull. if not i will see you wed/ thurs for a live attempt. cheers Fraser.

It would be nice if I could rigg it for you given the circumstances...let me know if you manage to win a seat mate and maybe see you down there

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 20, 2011, 12:45:53 PM »

Lol. You must have pulled the wrong switch Fraser Wink. Probably have a last chance saloon on Thursday at the club as I will be seeing my mum tonight.

Talking about it on here is helping a lot as I feel like I know most people and it gives me somewhere to look back and see how I was feeling leading at the time. One good thing is that I forgot that my wife comes on blonde every now and again and checks out what mischief I have been upto. I have been an arse with her for the last couple of months but I hope she knows deep down how much I love her.

Me and my sister don't get a long and I have years of not talking to her then may have a month of trying to be civil then years of not talking again. It works out well for us both but I think I will  offer to look after my niece and nephew. I live probably 5 mins walk from my sister and Alister starts infants in September and it's where Lucy and Eddie attend ATM. It's no real hassle for us to look after them early morning / late evening when she Is working.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 21, 2011, 05:49:18 PM »

buzzing today.

Alister had an eye appointment at the hospital so we called into see my mum. she looks better than she has done for months and actually managed to keep a full yoghurt down. She was positively bouncing and feels upto leaving the hospital for a few hours to attend my nieces birthday party on Saturday. Did get a look off my mum, wife and Aunty when she was on about up grading her phone and getting a disabled badge for her car and i said it aint worth it for 3 months. i have never been too tactfull.

she requested a kids strawberry mcdonalds milkshake so i will take that upto her tonight then may fly down to DTD after visiting hours if i feel the force.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: July 22, 2011, 08:50:18 AM »

buzzing today.

Alister had an eye appointment at the hospital so we called into see my mum. she looks better than she has done for months and actually managed to keep a full yoghurt down. She was positively bouncing and feels upto leaving the hospital for a few hours to attend my nieces birthday party on Saturday. Did get a look off my mum, wife and Aunty when she was on about up grading her phone and getting a disabled badge for her car and i said it aint worth it for 3 months. i have never been too tactfull.

she requested a kids strawberry mcdonalds milkshake so i will take that upto her tonight then may fly down to DTD after visiting hours if i feel the force.

Sorry but Rotflmfao and here I thought I was the only one that was this bad...some of the best jokes I've ever made was when family members were sick.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 22, 2011, 10:20:51 AM »

Sometimes I think I may take it too far mate. Frankie Boyle abso has me in stitches and then you think oh that may have taken it a bit far. Had a post deleted on here yesterday and today I can see why when yesterday I was lolling whilst writing it.

Failed to win a seat for the monte Carlo last night but both my mates who I travel to Dtd won one so gl to them and all blondes.

There's a fun day planned for the kids as we are going to their play school fete and then will be taken em swimming. With the twins just turned 3 and Alister 4 we have to have 3 adults ( council law or something) so some weeks we struggle to find someone but we generally try to go at least once a week. They love the water and have been going from their first injections.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: July 22, 2011, 10:35:23 AM »

You need one parent per kid when you take them swimming? What; 2 to keep an eye on the kids (in 2 hour shifts or with some sort of schedule) and one to keep an eye out of peados or something?

Seems a bit excessive, no?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 62 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: