blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:20:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  smashedagain
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 ... 62 Go Down Print
Author Topic: smashedagain  (Read 159769 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: February 28, 2013, 03:14:40 PM »

Good luck at the weekend. Really been 6 months since you played?

I saw him playing at DTD last week Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: February 28, 2013, 04:33:14 PM »

Good luck at the weekend. Really been 6 months since you played?

I saw him playing at DTD last week Cheesy
yes read my post above. I never lie. I may put you down but never let you down. Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 28, 2013, 05:59:06 PM »

Did you play the incredible 200?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 28, 2013, 06:37:52 PM »

Did you play the incredible 200?
yeah every bloody time I turned up to play the incredible 100.

This last weekend I thought I was gonna be in for the £100 when I had built up a decent enough stack to not take the add on. I thought that I was taking these chumps to the cleaners.

I 4 bet pre with kings pre flop and get two callers. Managed to get em both to commit all their chips when I got lucky on the river. Board was    turn  and river  .  As it turns out I came in second place for the pot as one guy had 44 and the other guy had 55.

I was a bit pissed off coz on the way down we drove past Sheffield and played Gentings £200 comps with a bigger prize pool.

If you ever fancy playing Genting Sheffield don't use the post code on their site for your sat nav. My mate spent an hour following his Tom Tom round the one way system in Sheff before sacking it off and going home.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 01, 2013, 05:58:59 AM »

Ahhh. I was there Saturday, and didn't really see anyone. Was that hand against das? I'm sure he told me he flopped quad 5's.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 01, 2013, 07:21:27 AM »

Ahhh. I was there Saturday, and didn't really see anyone. Was that hand against das? I'm sure he told me he flopped quad 5's.
our man was that British Gas..... Yeah. He had millions early doors mate. He unfortunately did not keep hold of them though. Yes we were on table 12. I did try to come up to see you on the break as I spotted you on table 21 possibly? I could not find you.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 01, 2013, 07:43:50 AM »

Think I was table 21. Was talking to das at his table I think. Fk knows how I missed you. Or maybe you were hiding when I came over? Smiley

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 01, 2013, 08:06:17 AM »

Think I was table 21. Was talking to das at his table I think. Fk knows how I missed you. Or maybe you were hiding when I came over? Smiley
lol

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
ruud

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 04, 2013, 12:41:35 PM »

Trip report for the fans?
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 04, 2013, 01:04:29 PM »

Nothing special to report and the only hand of any real note to report was the hand we were involved in.

Got to DTD a bit late which meant I was sat on the same table as two of the guys I drove down with. I really hate this and thought Dtd had sorted this out. Happy enough with the table draw as I like the lower numbers and means interesting dynamics have time to develop.

Pretty card dead picked up AA and it folds to me and all I pick up were my two mates blinds and had one spell were I picked up 3 hands on the spin,AQ AJ & Jacks opening the betting and once more picking up the blinds with the first two then obv get 4 callers with JJ as no one believes. Flop comes King high and K9 loses a 50 bb pot to a turned set of 3's.

Played far to passively but was very conscious of not wanting to spew as the other two mates had 25% of my action each after they chucked me £30 each to play one of the sats. I always advocate tight is right in the deepstack and the last thing I want em to see is me going to war with shit cards.

Once our table broke I got moved to Thewy's table and knew everyone apart from 1 fella who I shook hands with and introduced myself too.  Got a couple of late position shoves through in the first orbit Smiley Then found 99's utg next round and shoved and got a call from Julian who was also quite short with the line "oh, I don't really like it" giving me some hope of a race but alas he had slow rolled me with 10 10 Smiley

All in all a pretty poor show. I thought you played well and actually enjoyed watching you raising my big blind and Kinboshi defending my honour on the button everytime. Of course once Dan exits and Sonja sits down you know its got be done again.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
ruud

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 04, 2013, 09:44:17 PM »

Nothing special to report and the only hand of any real note to report was the hand we were involved in.

Got to DTD a bit late which meant I was sat on the same table as two of the guys I drove down with. I really hate this and thought Dtd had sorted this out. Happy enough with the table draw as I like the lower numbers and means interesting dynamics have time to develop.

Pretty card dead picked up AA and it folds to me and all I pick up were my two mates blinds and had one spell were I picked up 3 hands on the spin,AQ AJ & Jacks opening the betting and once more picking up the blinds with the first two then obv get 4 callers with JJ as no one believes. Flop comes King high and K9 loses a 50 bb pot to a turned set of 3's.

Played far to passively but was very conscious of not wanting to spew as the other two mates had 25% of my action each after they chucked me £30 each to play one of the sats. I always advocate tight is right in the deepstack and the last thing I want em to see is me going to war with shit cards.

Once our table broke I got moved to Thewy's table and knew everyone apart from 1 fella who I shook hands with and introduced myself too.  Got a couple of late position shoves through in the first orbit Smiley Then found 99's utg next round and shoved and got a call from Julian who was also quite short with the line "oh, I don't really like it" giving me some hope of a race but alas he had slow rolled me with 10 10 Smiley

All in all a pretty poor show. I thought you played well and actually enjoyed watching you raising my big blind and Kinboshi defending my honour on the button everytime. Of course once Dan exits and Sonja sits down you know its got be done again.

I actually was really pleased to get to meet you properly by sharing a table. You are genuinely a lovely bloke, and you made the table really fun to be on. fk the haterz! I especially loved the little speech in the hand with Ade.

Having only known you by persona from blonde, I was surprised at how passive you seemed to play. I was quite clearly fine with opening on your Bieber, and didn't expect any FOS resistance from you, and was never nervous about playing a pot in position with the guy on your right. Didn't like it when Kinboshi peeled the button plenty, but luckily made the best hand pretty much every time we were heads up so no problem Smiley He always had about 40k anyway Wink

Did your mates who had a piece being on your table stop you 3-betting a couple of times? I can't believe you never had a hand like  or  , even where you test my (or someone else's) mettle once or twice. I think you almost didn't give yourself a chance of building a stack through playing a little scared. It was like you were happier where you knew your shoving range because then you weren't wasting other people's money. Tell me to gtfo if you want, but this was my impression.

It's why I called your 3-bet when you eventually did it. I thought TT and AQs was now genuinely the VERY BOTTOM of your 3-betting range and  is far too pretty to lay down against this range. Also you have 30k and I have 55k, so it's a great spot to potentially stack you. Let me know if I get any of this wrong....

So I open at 400/800 to 1800 with  from MP and you 3-bet  to 4100 from the button, and as said I call.

Flop  I check/call 7300

Turn  Check Check

I am betting literally any river here and you are folidng half the time, shoving the rest and I know exactly where I am (ie. you are NEVER bluffing)

Beautiful  rolls off and I am sure I give a massive tell at this point (please feel free to confirm if you saw it). Anyway I assume you did, as your Jacks were face up in the muck before I could get the bet out there. Btw I should only bet about 4000 here I think, as I have the effective nuts, and am pissed off that I even thought of betting 11000.

Would you play the hand differently now? Do you really hate how I played it?

Incidentally what were you doing if I check/jammed the flop?
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 05, 2013, 11:04:39 AM »

Doubt that anyone goes bust with JJ on a K high flop where their c-bet is called there's an Ace on the turn and oppo is stacking chips to bet any non-jack river, staked or not.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 05, 2013, 05:39:11 PM »

I hate to  3 bet light in the blinds on a table where most of the players don't like to fold too much pre. I am more than happy to give up the blinds and not put myself in a position to play awkward hands Oop.  The early stages of the deepstack for me really are about making hands getting paid.

I thought the flop looked quite safe for me to bet as I thought I could still have the best hand most of the time and the range of hands I 3 bet which you pretty much assign to me will be ahead. The way you looked comfortable calling the bet immediately signalled that you liked your hand and that's what made me check the turn.

On the river I was folding as soon as you  grabbed some chips. You never noticed me fold so I took back the cards and this was when I turned them face up and pushed them back to the deal. I hate showing but it got a smile from the dealer while you were counting out your  bet.

Check jam the flop I fold most of the time. Unless I pick something up. Quite easy to pick off when someone is doing it with a flush draw usually but I did not get that from you when you checked the flop. Lots of hands that you could call my 3 bet actually beat me there.

I don't mind your play at all and I was tilted my patience was not rewarded and you had won the pot. I am never flatting Jacks or not C betting with the hands I am repping having sat so long.

The hand with Ade were he opens utg was just cock measuring with Ade for bants. He was unusually quiet although I had heard him half way across the room earlier in the day before he got moved to our table.  I expected him to fold quite quickly and when he did not i knew he was thinking of calling. That's when I told him I had only seen 1 card and it was a King and had not noticed he had raised. I actually had jammed the button with   ( its one of the kids initials ).
I was fortunate that the kid in seat 8 rattled Ade by laughing at the chat. When Ade has a go at someone who is not in the hand and starts wanting to call the floor he always folds. That's when I was comfortable and gave him a bit more. I think I may have  said something like if I turn over the other one and its an ace then apologies for the angle shoot?

Did you notice that they broke our table pretty much straight after this. They usually bust up Ade's table when he gets too much & he had no right to go at the young lad as the craic on our table had been great upto that point Smiley

Infact the last time I was on Ade's table I think Caroline Cove threatened to lay him out and they split our table that time too.

Just a thought, are you calling that hand with a view to making me fold or you think you have implied odds if you hit?
On the hand were you flop 2 pair would you have paid Raaf on the river had the turn not paired the king?

You played the best poker on our able along with the kid to your right who Ade had a go at. It was nice to watch you and Dan bumping without me being in the pots
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:54:29 PM by smashedagain » Logged

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
ruud

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 05, 2013, 06:03:12 PM »

^^^ I wish you made more posts like this ^^^ Smiley

Really interesting stuff and I will reply properly later
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 05, 2013, 06:10:59 PM »

^^^ I wish you made more posts like this ^^^ Smiley

Really interesting stuff and I will reply properly later
i don't like to post much stuff like this because it just re affirms how stupid I am and how lucky I ran for 15 years Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 ... 62 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: