blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 10:10:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  smashedagain
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 62 Go Down Print
Author Topic: smashedagain  (Read 159772 times)
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: March 05, 2013, 06:27:38 PM »

^^^ I wish you made more posts like this ^^^ Smiley

Really interesting stuff and I will reply properly later
i don't like to post much stuff like this because it just re affirms how stupid I am and how lucky I ran for 15 years Smiley

You should start a discussion group with Keith IMO

Ah! The element of surprise
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 05, 2013, 07:29:32 PM »

i don't like to post much stuff like this because it just re affirms how stupid I am and how lucky I ran for 15 years Smiley

would you join. We could do it over Skype if we could find someone to show us how to set it up.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 05, 2013, 07:31:56 PM »

would you join. We could do it over Skype if we could find someone to show us how to set it up.

The difference between you, Keith and me is I was shit at poker 10 years ago and still am.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 05, 2013, 07:36:16 PM »

The difference between you, Keith and me is I was shit at poker 10 years ago and still am.
i was shit 10 years ago, just did not know it. Wish I had saved some of the cash I had under the mattress. Its starting to pissd off every time Catherine opens her wardrobe and I see Jimmy fucking Choo boxes looking back at me Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 05, 2013, 08:18:23 PM »

i was shit 10 years ago, just did not know it. Wish I had saved some of the cash I had under the mattress. Its starting to pissd off every time Catherine opens her wardrobe and I see Jimmy fucking Choo boxes looking back at me Smiley

Lol, it's Prada handbags in my house.

ruud

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 06, 2013, 09:50:25 PM »

I hate to  3 bet light in the blinds on a table where most of the players don't like to fold too much pre. I am more than happy to give up the blinds and not put myself in a position to play awkward hands Oop.  The early stages of the deepstack for me really are about making hands getting paid.

I thought the flop looked quite safe for me to bet as I thought I could still have the best hand most of the time and the range of hands I 3 bet which you pretty much assign to me will be ahead. The way you looked comfortable calling the bet immediately signalled that you liked your hand and that's what made me check the turn.

On the river I was folding as soon as you  grabbed some chips. You never noticed me fold so I took back the cards and this was when I turned them face up and pushed them back to the deal. I hate showing but it got a smile from the dealer while you were counting out your  bet.

Check jam the flop I fold most of the time. Unless I pick something up. Quite easy to pick off when someone is doing it with a flush draw usually but I did not get that from you when you checked the flop. Lots of hands that you could call my 3 bet actually beat me there.

I don't mind your play at all and I was tilted my patience was not rewarded and you had won the pot. I am never flatting Jacks or not C betting with the hands I am repping having sat so long.

The hand with Ade were he opens utg was just cock measuring with Ade for bants. He was unusually quiet although I had heard him half way across the room earlier in the day before he got moved to our table.  I expected him to fold quite quickly and when he did not i knew he was thinking of calling. That's when I told him I had only seen 1 card and it was a King and had not noticed he had raised. I actually had jammed the button with   ( its one of the kids initials ).
I was fortunate that the kid in seat 8 rattled Ade by laughing at the chat. When Ade has a go at someone who is not in the hand and starts wanting to call the floor he always folds. That's when I was comfortable and gave him a bit more. I think I may have  said something like if I turn over the other one and its an ace then apologies for the angle shoot?

Did you notice that they broke our table pretty much straight after this. They usually bust up Ade's table when he gets too much & he had no right to go at the young lad as the craic on our table had been great upto that point Smiley

Infact the last time I was on Ade's table I think Caroline Cove threatened to lay him out and they split our table that time too.

Just a thought, are you calling that hand with a view to making me fold or you think you have implied odds if you hit?
On the hand were you flop 2 pair would you have paid Raaf on the river had the turn not paired the king?

You played the best poker on our able along with the kid to your right who Ade had a go at. It was nice to watch you and Dan bumping without me being in the pots

I did notice they broke our table quite quickly, which I was a bit gutted about, because I thought it was a great table, with lots of nice spots and a good craic all round. The guy to my right was decent, but I had a pretty solid read on him, and obviously position.

In this hand with you, being very honest, but not wishing to sound arrogant, I was pretty confident that I could make quite easy decisions, even OOP.

If the flop comes low-middle I either make the best hand or pick up a good draw and I am going with it.
Middl-ish, like it did, I should have a biggish draw and I can try and get to the river cheap to make my hand, and should have an opportunity to bluff and win the pot at some point.
Almost any Ace, I am almost certainly repping it on at least one street.

Naturally, if I completely whoosh the flop, ie. AKQ no clubs, Q99, K32 etc then I will let you c-bet and have it, I'm not a lunatic Smiley

Do I think I have implied odds? Well no, not really, you're not giving them away. I probably need a miracle flop like  for you to get it in, but I know you're def c-betting and I will def give myself a chance to win a decent sized pot at some point in the hand.

In the hand with Raaf where I have  and flop is  three diamonds, I would happily get them in on the flop obv.

The turn is weird as it really falls the  and this smashes his range (which I actually thought was likely to be KQ, QQ, JJ TT, maybe AK, though I expect him to jam this when I check raise the flop). I obv made a massive mistake betting here when I was sure I was now behind in the hand. You are saying if it doesn't pair the King. Well, it now needs to be an 8 or below really, and I would naturally make the same bet, but this time it would be a good bet, and he would still be a douche for calling a pot sized bet on the turn leaving himself half pot back with the  .

Yes I am paying him off on the  river, cos I never put him on the flush draw. Did you? He has opened UTG and bet/called the flop. Post flop the pot was 20k and I bet 16k when he had 33k total, and he flats with A7 high?  should really be the very very very worst hand he is showing there imo, and he really should be folding the turn even with  two spades (or jamming at least if he is calling).

Love this amount of analysis when you share a table with someone..... if only you had played more hands! Wink
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 07, 2013, 04:33:45 PM »

Your diary is getting better now Jase ..keep it going

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 07, 2013, 04:35:40 PM »

ha. Will answer Ruuds post in a bit. Don't know how I missed it. Not been do active on here lately due to bloody candy crush.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
ruud

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 09, 2013, 10:16:49 AM »

ha. Will answer Ruuds post in a bit. Don't know how I missed it. Not been do active on here lately due to bloody candy crush.

Bump
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 09, 2013, 02:30:09 PM »

Sorry mate will do it now....

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 09, 2013, 02:47:36 PM »

The hand with Raaf was very frustrating for you. I would never have him on a flush draw either. You checked the river and he jammed right? I needed him to do Kinboshi's job once he left.

You played really well and was winning chips for fun. It was a good table for you to be at I also enjoy talking over different hands with people that have been sat there for a while. They understand the dynamics and can see that  although a hand may at first appear to be played unconventionally they appreciate why you do certain things.

The table for me was a bit of a headache for me tbh. Not wanting to open myself up to collusion allegations again but having my two mates to my left meant that when I was picking up genuine hands in late position I am pretty much only picking up the blinds. The fact that once again i have ended up on the table with a guy who is backing me was a problem that I am not dealing with very well. When I asked for Blonde to back me once I ended up on a table with one of the backers. It is not something I enjoy and feel handcuffed. Its easy to say "no friends at the table" etc but I have noticed it becoming a problem for me lately.... A lot Sad

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 09, 2013, 02:51:22 PM »

Wiiii. Might be at Dtd later. Just got a phone call. Mate wants me to jump in with him for a road trip to Lincoln, Boston then Derby. God knows what he's got planned but will see if he fancies Dtd on the way home.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 10, 2013, 05:57:08 PM »

enjoy ya holiday mate. cya in a couple weeks.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 10, 2013, 05:57:54 PM »

I think we should keep his diary going in his honour.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #749 on: March 10, 2013, 06:47:33 PM »

I think we should keep his diary going in his honour.

it will probably hit it's height when he's not allowed on.

maybe when he's unbanned he should only be allowed to post in this thread no where else.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 62 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: