blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 01:18:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273143 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Stupid is, as stupid does
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stupid is, as stupid does  (Read 17475 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 17, 2011, 05:23:31 PM »

what's double sided got to do with it? obv everyone knew what that was

there's an awful lot of stuff online to support that sticky back plastic is sellotape though

sticky back plastic was double sided tape, no?

one and the same?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: June 17, 2011, 05:26:02 PM »

I thought it was "sticky backed plastic".

I also tried not to watch Blue Peter. Is it still going?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 17, 2011, 05:32:51 PM »

Whilst watching the news  I pointed out to a Angie, my friend, how I found it hard to understand that a small jet didn't just hand down vertically but stayed horizontal whilst being towed by a larger plane. Angie kindly pointed out that it was being refueled.  I was 25 at the time.

I had the exact same thing, saw the "towing/ re-fueling" and said very aloud to work colleague, "look at that, never seen a plance being towed before"

Guy spat out his coffee, and reminds me everytime we bump into each other - I was younger than 25, but old enough to know better!

Carpe Diem
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 17, 2011, 05:33:57 PM »

there's an awful lot of stuff online to support that sticky back plastic is sellotape though

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Peter

The programme maintains its long-standing practice of avoiding using commercial names on air. Most famously, this policy led to the invention of the phrase "sticky-backed plastic" back in the 1970s for the products marketed under the trade names Fablon and Coverlon. Sellotape was often referred to by the term "sticky tape".

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 17, 2011, 05:41:31 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Peter

The programme maintains its long-standing practice of avoiding using commercial names on air. Most famously, this policy led to the invention of the phrase "sticky-backed plastic" back in the 1970s for the products marketed under the trade names Fablon and Coverlon. Sellotape was often referred to by the term "sticky tape".

that's even more confusing. coverlon is a swimming pool cover

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2011, 10:08:30 AM »

sticky tape = sellotape

double sided sticky tape = double sided sellotape

sticky-back plastic = what Andrew said

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 11, 2011, 01:57:49 PM »

About 3 minutes ago I just found out that there is no such thing as 'Common Law Marriage' in the UK.

Only got married because i thought the missus was already entitled to half my stuff... sigh.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: July 11, 2011, 02:12:14 PM »

About 3 minutes ago I just found out that there is no such thing as 'Common Law Marriage' in the UK.

Really?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: July 11, 2011, 02:15:55 PM »

"Cohabitation - living together

There are over four million couples living together in England and Wales in cohabitation. Although cohabitants are now given legal protection in several areas, they and their families have significantly fewer rights and responsibilities than people who are married or who have formed a civil partnership.

Most people think that, after they've been living with their partner for a couple of years, they become 'common law husband and wife' with the same rights as married couples. This is not the case. In fact, couples who live together have hardly any of the same rights as married couples or civil partners.

There is no such thing as ‘common law marriage’.

If you are living together as a couple, there are steps you can take to protect yourself and your partner. There are also ways to minimise the legal and financial problems which may arise if, as can happen, you decide to separate, or if one of you dies.

You can find out about the current rights of cohabiting couples from Advicenow – an independent website offering information on rights and legal issues. Their ‘Living Together’ campaign is intended to make both opposite and same-sex cohabitants more aware of their legal status. The campaign also provides advice on how to protect yourself and your family, should you wish to do so.

If you would like more information about the differences in the legal position of married and unmarried couples, the ‘Married or Not’ section of the One Plus One website provides an overview."

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/governmentcitizensandrights/yourrightsandresponsibilities/dg_10026937

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 11, 2011, 02:20:11 PM »

There are over four million couples living together in England and Wales in cohabitation. Although cohabitants are now given legal protection in several areas, they and their families have significantly fewer rights and responsibilities than people who are married or who have formed a civil partnership.

Most people think that, after they've been living with their partner for a couple of years, they become 'common law husband and wife' with the same rights as married couples. This is not the case. In fact, couples who live together have hardly any of the same rights as married couples or civil partners.

If you are living together as a couple, there are steps you can take to protect yourself and your partner. There are also ways to minimise the legal and financial problems which may arise if, as can happen, you decide to separate, or if one of you dies.

You can find out about the current rights of cohabiting couples from Advicenow – an independent website offering information on rights and legal issues. Their ‘Living Together’ campaign is intended to make both opposite and same-sex cohabitants more aware of their legal status. The campaign also provides advice on how to protect yourself and your family, should you wish to do so.

If you would like more information about the differences in the legal position of married and unmarried couples, the ‘Married or Not’ section of the One Plus One website provides an overview."

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/governmentcitizensandrights/yourrightsandresponsibilities/dg_10026937
how do you know this crap. if you spent the same amount of time learning about poker then god knows where it could take you Wink

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: July 11, 2011, 02:20:56 PM »

how do you know this crap. if you spent the same amount of time learning about poker then god knows where it could take you Wink

I didn't know that.  I merely stuck a search into Google and found a site that did know it!

Please teach me how to play poker better.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 11, 2011, 02:22:00 PM »

I didn't know that.  I merely stuck a search into Google and found a site that did know it!

Please teach me how to play poker better.
oh ffs...and why lol

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 11, 2011, 02:25:58 PM »

FYP.

Google is our friend. I looked like a bit of a dick as i argued the toss that there was such a thing... (my uncle had a missus, with a kid, not married, split up and she got 1/2 the house... thought that was why. lol. clearly not)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: