blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:10:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1153974 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: August 18, 2014, 07:00:35 PM »

Has the "strange" judging in fights involving Hearn-managed  boxers as exemplified by Ricky Burns been factored into the prices?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: August 18, 2014, 08:53:52 PM »

Not enough imo.  Would love to see a level stakes return on his shorter priced fighters ie 1/5 or shorter.  They almost never seem to get beat.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: August 18, 2014, 09:01:18 PM »

Are the guys who fight AJ in his first 6 fights even 'allowed' to win even if they want to?  I have always thought they get their biggest pay day on condition they go down.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: August 18, 2014, 09:17:42 PM »

Did he used to manage Sonny Liston?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2014 on: August 18, 2014, 09:34:21 PM »

Are the guys who fight AJ in his first 6 fights even 'allowed' to win even if they want to?  I have always thought they get their biggest pay day on condition they go down.

I don't think any of them could if they wanted to.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: August 18, 2014, 10:57:26 PM »

Would love to see a level stakes return on his shorter priced fighters ie 1/5 or shorter.  They almost never seem to get beat.

I've wondered that myself aswell. Through matchmaking, preparation, and home advantage, every little thing seems to go in their favour and never against them. If they were a poker player you'd think they were a luckbox, but eventually you'd have to admit they are crushing it (on home soil).
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: August 18, 2014, 11:25:09 PM »

Would love to see a level stakes return on his shorter priced fighters ie 1/5 or shorter.  They almost never seem to get beat.

I've wondered that myself aswell. Through matchmaking, preparation, and home advantage, every little thing seems to go in their favour and never against them. If they were a poker player you'd think they were a luckbox, but eventually you'd have to admit they are crushing it (on home soil).

Burns aside (and even he lost a closeish one last time out) I'm struggling to think off too many dodgy decisions in favour of Matchroom fighters. There have also been others like Quigg v Solis and Belkew v Chilemba that were draws when most observers had the Matchroom fighters winning.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: August 18, 2014, 11:52:20 PM »

Yeah I wasn't really suggesting that they are dodgy as such but when they are short they seem to win at a very high rate.  I think a lot of that is just very good matchmaking but there are probably hype factors etc at play too and presumably no judges (who are often referees too) want to get on the wrong side of a major organisation that promote lots of shows. 

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: August 24, 2014, 10:45:25 PM »

I was astonished to flick onto celebrity big brother and see Audley 'A-Force' Harrison is on it. He was squaring up to the dude from strictly come dancing. Strictly man who is small and obv a bit namby pamby says "I ain't scared of you, let's go!" at which point Audrey backs down, chalking up yet another loss in his miserable fight career.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: August 24, 2014, 11:01:19 PM »

I was astonished to flick onto celebrity big brother and see Audley 'A-Force' Harrison is on it. He was squaring up to the dude from strictly come dancing. Strictly man who is small and obv a bit namby pamby says "I ain't scared of you, let's go!" at which point Audrey backs down, chalking up yet another loss in his miserable fight career.

Lol. Quality

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
malt vinegar

View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: August 25, 2014, 02:00:06 PM »

more for the bb thread but strictly doesnt half stick his nose in everybodys business he causes more carnage than frenchy

audley should have chinned him
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: August 25, 2014, 04:58:31 PM »

I just think wow, this guy stands 6ft6, was a professional heavyweight boxer by trade and an Olympic gold medalilst. A huge mofo unit of a man.

His oppo looks to be standing like 5ft tall by comparison, wears sequined leotards and twirls around the dancefloor for a living.

To square up and threaten physical assault in this instance is ridic. Look you had ample opportunity to get aggro in the ring A-Force and you declined at every turn. But now faced with paso doble boy you find some fighting spirit? The funny thing was strictly man was not intimidated in the slightest, and he really wasn't, forcing the big circus bear to amble off licking his wounds as usual.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: August 25, 2014, 05:09:39 PM »

I just think wow, this guy stands 6ft6, was a professional heavyweight boxer by trade and an Olympic gold medalilst. A huge mofo unit of a man.

His oppo looks to be standing like 5ft tall by comparison, wears sequined leotards and twirls around the dancefloor for a living.

To square up and threaten physical assault in this instance is ridic. Look you had ample opportunity to get aggro in the ring A-Force and you declined at every turn. But now faced with paso doble boy you find some fighting spirit? The funny thing was strictly man was not intimidated in the slightest, and he really wasn't, forcing the big circus bear to amble off licking his wounds as usual.

Didn't even see it, but it sure paints a picture. V good

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: August 25, 2014, 05:42:37 PM »

I think Mantis is getting the dancer and George mixed up, because the dancer is a lump, and probably nearer 6 than 5ft.

They wound him up, he told them it wasn't funny anymore, and asked them to stop.

Then Audley gets sent to the bedroom, they all shake hands and it's done. Until James starts with the 'just know I'm not scared of you'

demetri1978

View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: August 25, 2014, 06:44:10 PM »

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/pacquiao-and-algieri-face-off-in-macau-258169

anyone interested in the next Pac Man fight ?
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: