blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 11:49:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1159911 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #2445 on: March 30, 2015, 11:19:24 PM »

Advice welcome please.

Betting on Mayweather vs Pacman; I like Mayweather decision/TD on bf 1.86 and for it to go the distance at 1.33 seems really good bet to me.

Any thoughts welcome, cheers.

In short yes. The chances of Floyd stopping Manny are so remote it makes the 7-1 on him to win by stoppage laughable.

I'd hold off on backing Mayweather for now as the money keeps coming for Pacquiao.

Nice one, thanks.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: March 30, 2015, 11:34:50 PM »

Sometimes in boxing markets there are take it or leave it situations. Yes, you could back it now, but the price will probably continue to drift.

Ask yourself this, if Floyd got steamed into overnight, would you kick yourself for missing this current price?
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: March 30, 2015, 11:35:42 PM »

I'd hold off on backing Mayweather for now as the money keeps coming for Pacquiao.

Some Asian money would be nice.
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: March 30, 2015, 11:47:26 PM »

Advice welcome please.

Betting on Mayweather vs Pacman; I like Mayweather decision/TD on bf 1.86 and for it to go the distance at 1.33 seems really good bet to me.

Any thoughts welcome, cheers.

agree on both. think mayweather wins so just the decision/td bet for me, great price considering the fact its highly likely to go 12 rounds in my opinion
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: April 02, 2015, 10:33:22 AM »

If people are so convinced on the distance then Pacqiaou can't be a terrible bet. He throws a LOT more punches than Mayweather.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: April 02, 2015, 08:41:23 PM »

Amir Khan faces Chris Algieri on May 30th.

This firmly puts to bed the illusion that Khan vs Brook might happen anytime soon.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: April 02, 2015, 09:08:50 PM »

This firmly puts to bed the illusion that Khan vs Brook might happen anytime soon.

Really poor substitute. Khan obviously being as risk averse as possible in the hope he gets the winner of Mayweather v Pacman. Trouble is he is in danger of pissing away the best years of his career trying to get a fight that might never happen.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: April 02, 2015, 09:10:35 PM »

Really poor substitute. Khan obviously being as risk averse as possible in the hope he gets the winner of Mayweather v Pacman. Trouble is he is in danger of pissing away the best years of his career trying to get a fight that might never happen.

Mayweather doesn't want Khan does he?

If he beats Pac, do you think he might give him his rematch, and then chuck it in?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: April 02, 2015, 09:11:18 PM »

Or he could wait another two years and fight one of them when they're well past their best like he did with Barrera, still make a lifetime high purse and even get the W.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: April 02, 2015, 09:18:46 PM »

Khan is pot committed towards chasing mayweather. In the meantime he'll be getting paid stupidly well for such a safe fight, it's just He could be doing so much more with his career.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: April 02, 2015, 09:51:35 PM »

If he beats Pac, do you think he might give him his rematch, and then chuck it in?

Gotta figure Mayweather targets 50-0 (1 better than Rocky Marciano).

I was sceptical of this fight being made in the first place so I'll stick and say Mayweather takes it easy then retires. That's no rematch or Khan fight.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: April 02, 2015, 09:58:08 PM »

Gotta figure Mayweather targets 50-0 (1 better than Rocky Marciano).

I was sceptical of this fight being made in the first place so I'll stick and say Mayweather takes it easy then retires. That's no rematch or Khan fight.

Think his showtime contract has 2 fights left on it, so would have thought it unlikely he'll want to leave another 8/9 figs on the table.

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: April 02, 2015, 10:04:14 PM »

maybe he'll have a poll on it  Tongue
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: April 03, 2015, 02:36:14 PM »

Khan rejects the IBF eliminator vs Bradley before signing the Algieri fight. Don't think he fancies Brook at all.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: April 03, 2015, 07:17:43 PM »

Khan rejects the IBF eliminator vs Bradley before signing the Algieri fight. Don't think he fancies Brook at all.

That was my sentiments aswell before taking a look at the various federation rankings http://www.fightnews.com/rankings-2.

Khan might not care about the IBF route when he's already no.1 challenger for the WBC belt. 

(and by care I mean he doesn't care as long as he can in some way defend his position regardless of what fight fans think of his choices)
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: