blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:57:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272580 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1145344 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4620 on: April 26, 2018, 02:03:16 AM »

Not seen this Miller, is he just chasing the dough, or he a good boxer, Bazza/McG?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: April 26, 2018, 10:53:52 AM »

He's on it Smiley

Enjoyed that, thanks Marky.

Murky world, boxing promotions. Not sure I'd wanna be the other side of the table to Eddie in negotiations.

I know Frank Warren's daughter-in-law quite well. Boy of boy, she tells me some incred stories.   

Love these boxing promotors, all a bit wide, in a lovable rogue sort of way.

One of London's most notorious gangsters & extortionists was Joey Pyle, & I've got a couple of books about him. He died around 10 years ago, but I believe his son is still a boxing promotor. Deffo don't wanna mess with them boys.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: April 26, 2018, 11:00:56 AM »

Wouldnt mind a read of that one Tikay if you get time
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: April 26, 2018, 04:51:19 PM »

Not seen this Miller, is he just chasing the dough, or he a good boxer, Bazza/McG?

He’s a fat lump. As far lumps go he’s decent but he’s a fat lump nonetheless.

AJ fights Miller next, I’m fairly sure of that. The cash cow won’t be risked against Deontay any time soon.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: April 26, 2018, 04:54:14 PM »

Taylor v Postol in a final eliminator for the WBC belt. Proper fight. You have to admire the McGuigan’s, when they have a real talent they don’t lose about. 13th fight and in to a final eliminator against and opponent that’s only been beaten by a top 5 p4p man in crawford.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: April 26, 2018, 05:10:04 PM »

How can Joshua not fight Wilder now and keep face?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: April 26, 2018, 05:22:04 PM »

Easily, when he has Eddie as a manager.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: April 26, 2018, 05:23:19 PM »

AJ fights Miller next, I’m fairly sure of that. The cash cow won’t be risked against Deontay any time soon.

Gotcha.

I'd sooner see AJ fight Fury.

Wilder annoys me.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: April 26, 2018, 05:27:49 PM »

He's on it Smiley

Enjoyed that, thanks Marky.

Murky world, boxing promotions. Not sure I'd wanna be the other side of the table to Eddie in negotiations.

I know Frank Warren's daughter-in-law quite well. Boy of boy, she tells me some incred stories.   

Love these boxing promotors, all a bit wide, in a lovable rogue sort of way.

One of London's most notorious gangsters & extortionists was Joey Pyle, & I've got a couple of books about him. He died around 10 years ago, but I believe his son is still a boxing promotor. Deffo don't wanna mess with them boys.

I do worry, as I really enjoy watching his interviews. Especially the ones he does with Kugan.

He's sharp, just like his old man. Long way from Dominos & £20 SnG @ Leyton Orient, while they're filming in the back room Cheesy

Funny watching him and Warren go at each other. He was going on about Khan beating up a nothing fighter, but you can guarantee when Fury beats his can in June, he'll be crowing just like Eddie was.

Think I've seen that Pyle's son, he mixes in the same circles as some of the bareknuckle boys, if I've got the right guy.

Used to love reading all those mob books, about the London firms. Tim Blake knows the Lambrianious, and had some business dealings with them back when he was a bookie.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: April 26, 2018, 05:58:07 PM »

Gotcha.

Wilder annoys me.

You and me both. AJ probably beats Wilder fairly handily. The problem with Wilder from Eddie’s point of view is if he was to beat AJ it would be by laying him out. All of a sudden AJ’s marketability goes through the floor.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: April 26, 2018, 06:34:50 PM »

Gotcha.

Wilder annoys me.

You and me both. AJ probably beats Wilder fairly handily. The problem with Wilder from Eddie’s point of view is if he was to beat AJ it would be by laying him out. All of a sudden AJ’s marketability goes through the floor.

Yeah, he only loses if he gets caught. Can't blame them for trying to print for a couple more fights given how big hie is as a brand.

Wilder is good to watch, but far too chirpy for someone who has only fought doormen himself. Ortiz excluded, obv.

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: April 27, 2018, 06:39:45 AM »

Nuanced thick lump who pumps iron 365 and looks to be getting trimmer. Think NFL offensive linesman as opposed to a traditional fat lump. Dave Allen type lead feet will be his downfall.

Easily, when he has Eddie as a manager.

Marky nailed it. Wilder's team are forcing the issue knowing Hearn will string them along then ditch them for Tyson Fury. Eddie will manage it anyway.

Povetkin purse bids are due in 2 weeks time so AJ will be dropping the WBA belt. Billionare Rabinsky is the only promoter in the world Hearn doesn't want to get into a bidding war with. Why negotiate with Russians when you can cock tease the Americans.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: April 27, 2018, 07:09:08 PM »

Ideal final warm up for Fury, before AJ.

This guy is too good!

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: April 27, 2018, 08:06:07 PM »

Naturally big baby weighs in at a career heavy 304lbs. No chance he ever takes it seriously. This fight is going to be ugly.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: April 27, 2018, 08:07:06 PM »

Naturally big baby weighs in at a career heavy 304lbs. No chance he ever takes it seriously. This fight is going to be ugly.

Just saw that weigh in, and gathered the other guy is just a doorman.

Pages: 1 ... 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: