blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:38:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 390 391 [392] 393 394 395 396 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1146600 times)
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #5865 on: November 15, 2019, 09:33:26 PM »

He’s failed for a diuretic too. Whether or not Jacobs is happy to fight is irrelevant. There are loads of clips out there if Eddie condemning drug cheats in the past, however when it impacts his ability to earn a pound note he’s happy to turn a blind eye. Never change Eddie. The sport is a joke for rewarding drug cheats. Yildirim has been handed a World Title shot despite testing positive for two banned substances.

Ah, I didn't see anything on diiuretics, but only spent a few minutes looking and then my workmail started blowing up. I don't disagree, but feel it's a bit harsh to saddle him with all the blame. They're all as bad as one another, but figuers he is the one that's going to get the most flak when he's the busiest in media etc.

Yildrim probably needed some social narcotics as well, to get over getting sparked by junior Cheesy

Yeah it’s not all Eddie’s fault, far from it. But you can’t expect to condemn drug cheats when they are on someone else’s card but condone them on your own and not be called out on it.

I see he has upped the PPV price to £24.95 for the AJ fight
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: November 15, 2019, 09:47:31 PM »

He’s failed for a diuretic too. Whether or not Jacobs is happy to fight is irrelevant. There are loads of clips out there if Eddie condemning drug cheats in the past, however when it impacts his ability to earn a pound note he’s happy to turn a blind eye. Never change Eddie. The sport is a joke for rewarding drug cheats. Yildirim has been handed a World Title shot despite testing positive for two banned substances.

Ah, I didn't see anything on diiuretics, but only spent a few minutes looking and then my workmail started blowing up. I don't disagree, but feel it's a bit harsh to saddle him with all the blame. They're all as bad as one another, but figuers he is the one that's going to get the most flak when he's the busiest in media etc.

Yildrim probably needed some social narcotics as well, to get over getting sparked by junior Cheesy

Yeah it’s not all Eddie’s fault, far from it. But you can’t expect to condemn drug cheats when they are on someone else’s card but condone them on your own and not be called out on it.

I see he has upped the PPV price to £24.95 for the AJ fight

Of course, agree with you 100%. I think he should get points for at least admitting he's a hypocrite, like they all are. Obviously circumstances vary, and to be fair he has turned down a few quid by telling Miller to whistle, even though he's been at him ever since the AJ fight fell through.

I hadn't looked, but the amount of dough they're getting, I'm not surprised. Noises that Dillian might be going on the undercard, so they prob need those extra fivers to pay him Cheesy

Interesting to see how his b-sample plays out. Saw a bit of TBV last night, and think it was Mike that said he reckons if anything comes up at all., they'll do the 'retrospective 6 months for x/y/z' and that'll be it.

All very odd, and unless Eddie is part of some global cabal, no way he can have any influence on the outcome of a piss test, is there?

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: November 16, 2019, 03:51:26 PM »

Seems like Sky and AJ have worked out the ppv customer base is fairly inelastic. A quick twitter search shows an incredible number of people not only defending it but liking the idea of handing over another fiver.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: November 16, 2019, 04:01:28 PM »

Marky, if you watch one fight tonight make it Lee McGregor versus Kash Farooq on IFLTV or wherever you find BBC Scotland.

Hopefully there's no overlap with Channel 5's main event. Fonseca is a solid gatekeeper for Dilmaghani.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: November 16, 2019, 04:02:28 PM »

Presume that even though the mob from the kingdom have put money up, they need to come up with money themselves to cover wages etc?

I'm quite ignorant on how it all works. I know they said that the offer from SA was big. Is that's split amongst everyone involved, and then they split the PPV amongst everyone, too?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: November 16, 2019, 04:12:20 PM »

Marky, if you watch one fight tonight make it Lee McGregor versus Kash Farooq on IFLTV or wherever you find BBC Scotland.

Hopefully there's no overlap with Channel 5's main event. Fonseca is a solid gatekeeper for Dilmaghani.

I'll have a look on the TV in my office for it later on. What time will the card be on?

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: November 16, 2019, 04:27:08 PM »

I'll have a look on the TV in my office for it later on. What time will the card be on?

BBC broadcast begins 10pm, are 9pm. I assume both main events are first up.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: November 16, 2019, 04:30:34 PM »

I'll probably be neck deep in bank statements then... Will have to grab them both off iPlayer or YT.

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: November 16, 2019, 04:40:11 PM »

I'll probably be neck deep in bank statements then... Will have to grab them both off iPlayer or YT.

It's no biggie then.

I don't know much about the SA situation other than them putting about an outrageous amount of money for Amir Khan's joke of a fight.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5874 on: November 16, 2019, 09:36:09 PM »

Dilmaghani - Fonseca. What a cracking fight this is.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5875 on: November 16, 2019, 09:47:00 PM »

Like an old school nobbins fight.

The older I get, the better I was.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: November 16, 2019, 10:47:23 PM »

Sky channel 457 Farooq v McGregor for British and Commonwealth titles. Proper fight so far through 2.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: November 16, 2019, 11:13:56 PM »

Sky channel 457 Farooq v McGregor for British and Commonwealth titles. Proper fight so far through 2.

A hell of a fight, toe to toe from the start.

Well worth a look on iPlayer

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: November 16, 2019, 11:16:13 PM »

Yeah proper scrap. Farooq is very good. A few flaws that will probably see him come a cropper when he steps up in level but has a style that’s very easy on the eye.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: November 16, 2019, 11:17:55 PM »

Yeah proper scrap. Farooq is very good. A few flaws that will probably see him come a cropper when he steps up in level but has a style that’s very easy on the eye.

Aye a bit too happy to take a punch.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 390 391 [392] 393 394 395 396 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: