blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:37:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 413744 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2580 on: January 01, 2018, 12:47:07 PM »

There really are some miserable twats in this world. This is the first comment on FB on the BBC page (and there are loads of negative ones) showing a montage of NY fireworks from around the world. Miserable wankers, talk about glass half empty and some.....

‘What a wonderful waste of needed money. Just think of all the good things it could have been used for i.e. feeding some people who haven't had a good meal in a long time. Never mind I guess it looked fantastic on people's 50inch tv's’

Ha! So true. To conclude it's a waste of money is to have intimate knowledge of the contribution it offers our GDP. These people have vacant heads. Being a world leading capital can only be maintained if spectacular attractions are presented. Only once you tally the tickets sales and the tourism revenue can you conclude it is a waste. And I bet it isn't. I bet it allows Britain to hold it's place as one of the world's top economies which in turn allows us to deliver international aid and feed lots of hungry folk.

Stop being so positive, it’s not a good trait  Roll Eyes
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: January 01, 2018, 01:02:39 PM »

On the subject of miserable twats I present vegetarians and/or vegans. What a bunch of po-faced lemon-suckers. Last night I laid on a beautiful NYE banquet for 250 people. For main course I had one of my chefs carving a sirloin beef joint, one carving freshly roasted lamb, one delivering spit-roasted chickens, all the veg choices, roast potatoes, gravy. Everyone was loving life. Until of course the veggies showed up.

q)"What do you have for us?"
a)"There's a vegetarian moussaka and about a hundred vegetable choices"
q)"What if we don't like moussaka?"
a)"Don't you like moussaka?"
q)"That's not the point!"
a) "Isn't it?"
q) "So much choice for the meat-eaters so little choice for us"
a)"But there are tonnes of vegetables"
q)"Oh just vegetables?"
a) "Err you're vegetarians?"
q)"Why not do a nut roast?"
a)"Because nobody would eat it"
q) "We would"
a)"Would you like me to get chef to rustle you up a kind of nut roast especially?"
q)"No don't bother we'll have moussaka"

God give me strength, it must be the lack of meat that does something to the brain!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 01:13:21 PM by MANTIS01 » Logged

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: January 01, 2018, 01:07:43 PM »

I bet you were dying to tell them to fuck off! Hard to resist, but I’m sure professionalism prevailed  Wink
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2583 on: January 02, 2018, 12:23:26 PM »

Hollywood Bowl

If you want to book they want to know how many people, ages and names and payment in advance.

I understand payment in advance, but I'm not sure who is going yet. Why can't I just reserve a lane then sort the details when I get there?

Want to know the worst part? You have to pay them for the privilege of ringing them.

It beats me how business like these prosper.

The older I get, the better I was.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: January 02, 2018, 04:27:09 PM »

More make you laugh and cry at the same time...

Mrs Long is putting away the Chrimbo stuff. We have 21 different unopened packets of Chrimbo napkins....
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: January 05, 2018, 09:33:47 PM »

having 5 indian takeaways locally that deliver and without fail each one is never anywhere close to as good as the first time you ordered.
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: January 06, 2018, 12:37:08 AM »

having 5 indian takeaways locally that deliver and without fail each one is never anywhere close to as good as the first time you ordered.

Are you suggesting they do better food for people ordering for the first time ?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: January 06, 2018, 01:22:39 AM »

I'd hazard the beer he had before ordering was as good as the first time he drank it Grin

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: January 07, 2018, 09:19:11 AM »

Poker in the UK.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: January 07, 2018, 11:52:14 AM »

Poker in the UK.

You spend too much time at Gento Luton
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: January 08, 2018, 09:03:10 PM »

no. why on earth would they do that, or why would i suggest that?

your suggestomometer may be on the blink  Tongue

marky on the money funnily enough

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: January 21, 2018, 11:54:59 PM »

Interrupting arsehole journalists.

Marr/Peston etc being the worst, continually interrupting interviewees with another question when they are still answering the previous question, Let them answer FFS!!!

I get there are times when they are going off piste and talking bullshit and need to be dragged back into line, but there is too much excessive interruptions just to be seen as a ‘hard interviewer’.

Wankers......interrupting and excessive questioning should be in their KPI’s.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: January 22, 2018, 07:31:25 AM »

Marr/Peston etc being the worst, continually interrupting interviewees with another question when they are still answering the previous question, Let them answer FFS!!!

I get there are times when they are going off piste and talking bullshit and need to be dragged back into line, but there is too much excessive interruptions just to be seen as a ‘hard interviewer’.

I agree, we have to mention Paxman though. If Paxman interviewed me, I'd say "I'll answer all of your questions happily but I do have one for you if that's OK?......WTF are you so angry about!?" My general rule is that angry people don't have much to contribute, yet we have the likes of Paxman/Humphrys going nuts from the off in a very high percentage of interviews, I just switch the TV/radio off.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: January 22, 2018, 09:56:37 AM »

I agree, we have to mention Paxman though. If Paxman interviewed me, I'd say "I'll answer all of your questions happily but I do have one for you if that's OK?......WTF are you so angry about!?" My general rule is that angry people don't have much to contribute, yet we have the likes of Paxman/Humphrys going nuts from the off in a very high percentage of interviews, I just switch the TV/radio off.

Humphrys is the reason I stopped listening to the Today programme some years ago. Apart from the arrogant style of questioning, he tells us his own view far too much. He's supposed to question other people on their (often expert) position, not keep telling us his uninformed everyman opinion.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: January 22, 2018, 10:05:47 AM »

Bill Gates and Paxo is interesting. Paxo tries his ridic anger and posturing and Gates handles him pretty well I thought si actually had the potential to be interesting

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 ... 206 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: