blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:32:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 413827 times)
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #2625 on: March 15, 2018, 12:35:34 PM »

When you book a flight and realise 10 minutes later you got the dates wrong by one day and get charged £150 to change the date when the flight was only £200 to start with.

If you booked it online or by telephone you should be able to cancel it and get a full refund because of distance selling regulations (I don't think there's an exception for flights).

Large companies abiding by this might be a trickier problem but I did it a few years ago - I booked a ticket to New York and the next day realised a day later would suit me better; they cancelled it no questions asked even though it was an economy, no-cancel; no-amendment; prepaid in full sort of deal.

EDIT: okay found out pretty quickly - there is an exception for flights; you can't cancel if you just change your mind; it isn't clear if you're still covered by it in some other way then.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 12:37:35 PM by Jon MW » Logged

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: March 15, 2018, 06:21:17 PM »

When you book a flight and realise 10 minutes later you got the dates wrong by one day and get charged £150 to change the date when the flight was only £200 to start with.

If you booked it online or by telephone you should be able to cancel it and get a full refund because of distance selling regulations (I don't think there's an exception for flights).

Large companies abiding by this might be a trickier problem but I did it a few years ago - I booked a ticket to New York and the next day realised a day later would suit me better; they cancelled it no questions asked even though it was an economy, no-cancel; no-amendment; prepaid in full sort of deal.

EDIT: okay found out pretty quickly - there is an exception for flights; you can't cancel if you just change your mind; it isn't clear if you're still covered by it in some other way then.

It's easily done. An ex of mine meant to book the Tomorrowland music festival in Belgium and accidentally bought tickets for the one in Atlanta.
They didn't help her out but she offloaded them easily enough.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2627 on: March 18, 2018, 01:44:12 PM »

Form over function.

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: March 18, 2018, 03:55:42 PM »

It's easily done. An ex of mine meant to book the Tomorrowland music festival in Belgium and accidentally bought tickets for the one in Atlanta.
They didn't help her out but she offloaded them easily enough.

Turned up at the airport car park last year.  Bloody scanner couldn't read my plate, so pushed the button to get let in; I picked up my car park info to get the reference... and realised my ticket was for the next week.

Luckily I discovered you could get a refund of the car park cost less an admin fee of abput a tenner, but hed to pay mug rates for the week in the car park..

Is this the confused old farts thread?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: March 18, 2018, 04:40:07 PM »

When you have to abandon your car and walk the last c2.5 miles home at 3:45am because the car in front hasn't got a clue how to drive in snowy conditions & decides to slow down as they approach a gradient, then stop when they're halfway up. Since it would have meant overtaking him/her on a blind bend I had no choice but to stop behind.

Why the hell are you on the roads in a blizzard if you don't know how to drive in it?
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: March 18, 2018, 08:42:03 PM »

Press conferences where you can't hear the reporters' questions.

Can't see why this still happens.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: March 29, 2018, 09:39:15 PM »

2x road traumas today...

1) Hot woman veering out of lane towards me because fluffing hair in rear view mirror, swerved back last minute, causing me to spit lighted cigarette into lap. Severe panic ensuing.

2) Parked at lights. Old woman on mobility scooter crashes into back of me. Too much wtf to contemplate. Old disabled woman writhing on floor, glass everywhere, passers-by running over screaming 'what did you do?' Hmmm I was making my way to work in calm, legal fashion when this wretched old shrew driving a fucking mobility scooter down the fucking highway simply drove straight into the back of my stationary vehicle. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Lucky to get to work alive and with relative coolness in tact. Too many challenges on the roads these days.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: March 29, 2018, 09:45:59 PM »

I'm a terrible person... I laughed far too much at that Cheesy

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: March 29, 2018, 10:09:58 PM »

+1
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2634 on: March 29, 2018, 10:31:13 PM »

+1
Ditto

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: March 30, 2018, 12:00:58 AM »

Me too

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2636 on: March 31, 2018, 06:18:28 PM »

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Films that start with a 30 second clip of a dramatic, spooler filled situation and then fade to black with the words, 4 Years earlier......

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

The older I get, the better I was.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: March 31, 2018, 09:46:43 PM »

Buying unripe nectarines ‘cause I like’em hard and less than 24 hours later they are soft.

Ah! The element of surprise
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: April 01, 2018, 12:04:51 AM »

Buying unripe nectarines ‘cause I like’em hard and less than 24 hours later they are soft.

Keep them in the fridge, that’s probably why they were hard when you bought them.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: April 01, 2018, 07:04:41 PM »

Keep them in the fridge, that’s probably why they were hard when you bought them.

These were kept in fridge Sad

Ah! The element of surprise
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 ... 206 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: