blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:00:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 411441 times)
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 02, 2011, 07:25:28 PM »

Teachers work 9-3 Monday to Friday and take 12 weeks holiday +

Sick rubs in this thread... Try working proper hours !

What.
Is it 3:30 these days Wink

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 02, 2011, 07:25:55 PM »

Sick rubs in this thread... Try working proper hours !

What.

Nah that's wrong they do probs 8.30-5.30ish, plus some marking at home. So same as many of us.
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 02, 2011, 07:27:11 PM »

They sure do. 

btw Acidmouse just clicked onto ur historical photos link for the 1st time and they're fantastic. thumbs up
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 02, 2011, 07:30:08 PM »

They sure do. 

btw Acidmouse just clicked onto ur historical photos link for the 1st time and they're fantastic. thumbs up

Ta, need to find some more decent photos to put up there, 75% of my time doing the blog is spent looking for photos that are over 50 years old so royalty free to use and interesting (to me).

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 02, 2011, 07:30:52 PM »

They sure

Ok so they work normal hours but with 12 weeks holiday?

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 02, 2011, 07:31:06 PM »

Then did you take the advice from this thread and leave or quit? did you think it was right they did it to you?

No because anywhere u move to is pretty much the same nowadays, they have all been shifted downwards. I started on a final salary pension, lol to that nowadays, its just the way of the world and totally unaffordable for most companies.

I agree its pretty norm these days, I dont mind if they have the new lower pension for new starters and people joining it but to change it close to someone retiring is different.

That's what happened in many places, just changed for everyone. If they don't do it they risk not being able to pay them later on though.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: July 02, 2011, 07:35:05 PM »

But the point is not if their pension is fair or not. Its weather you can change the terms and conditions off anyone’s pension after they worked under the assumption it would be a certain level when they retire. Public, private, or whoever I would deem this a lame move on behalf of the employer if it was done to me.

But that should be the point.

It might be a lame move on behalf of the employer but since WE are the employers and are paying for it whilst we ourselves have to tighten our belts and deal with our pensions being cut, I don't see why we (the Govt) shouldn't take a hard look at public sector pensions as well.

We've already established that your pay isn't as bad as public sector workers like to claim it is, so why would we pay for an outrageous and unaffordable pension scheme?

I would agree that to do this to people that have been working for 20-30 years is not right and they should be protected...no problem with that at all. But to see people in their 20s and 30s in the streets protesting over this shit really pisses me off. Their pensions have to be cut now.

BTW, before this goes all cuckoo and "look at how sorry someone who has been working for 30 years is"; Lord Hutton has CLEARLY stated that

7.34 The Commission’s expectation is that existing members who are currently in their
50s should, by and large, experience fairly limited change to the benefit which they would
otherwise have expected to accrue by the time they reach their current scheme NPA. This
would particularly be the case if the final salary link is protected for past service, as the
Commission recommends. This limitation of impact will also extend to people below age
50, proportionate to the length of time before they reach their NPA. Therefore special
protections for members over a certain age should not be necessary. Age discrimination
legislation also means that it is not possible in practice to provide protection from change for
members who are already above a certain age.
7.35 Those employees who intend to take their pension in the next few years could do so
before the new terms are introduced. An employee now aged around 50 with many years
of service in a scheme with an NPA of 60 would retain the link to his or her final salary for
past service, while accruals from about the age of 55 would be under the new terms with a
higher NPA. Although the exact impact of this will depend on individual circumstances and
the scheme parameters, it is likely that most people currently in their early 50s will have a
slightly lower pension if they choose to retire at their current pension age. Individuals could
choose either to retire at the age of 60 with a slightly reduced pension, or work for a little
longer in order to obtain the same pension income as that which would previously have been
payable at 60."

On page 155

http://cdn.hm-treasury.gov.uk/hutton_final_100311.pdf

So, if the govt indeed goes with Lord hutton's recommendations (and they have stated that they broadly will) WTF is this crazy argument about people close to retirement being screwed???

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 02, 2011, 07:37:22 PM »

They sure

Yes pretty much, shit hours but 12 weeks holiday.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 02, 2011, 07:39:13 PM »

I work shit hours with 4 weeks holiday so am obviously bitter. Sorry if my posts offended.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 02, 2011, 07:39:38 PM »

They sure

The reality to this old chesnut it.

Clare Road, Halifax media reports state that teachers get 12 weeks holiday a year. Do we? There are 365 days in a year. There are 52 weeks in a year, which means there are 104 Saturdays and Sundays. So, from 365 subtract 104; that means there are 261 working days.
Teachers are committed to 195 days from the 261; thus teachers are out of school for 66 days (13 working weeks and one day).
But everyone is entitled to holiday days. If you take the average holidays to be 25 days then subtract 25 days from 66; that leaves 41 days that teachers have "extra" to those not in teaching.
There are eight bank holidays; 41 minus eight leaves 33 days that teachers have "extra".

Most jobs involve a 40-hour week, but data has shown that teachers work more than 50 hours a week. This means that teachers work 10 hours more per week that the norm, equivalent to two hours per teaching day, without pay.

195 days worked at two hours extra per day means 390 hours extra per year; 390 hours divided by eight hours (an eight-hour day equals a 40-hour week) equals 48.75 extra days.

This means that, although teachers appear to "gain" 33 days more than others, their working schedule equates to an extra 48 days, leaving teachers 15 days worse off!

Sue McMahon

(Secretary, National Union of Teachers, Calderdale Division)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 02, 2011, 07:41:42 PM »

They sure

I don't think the hours are any worse than many tbh. I'm an exception I do fuck all  Cheesy
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: July 02, 2011, 07:48:28 PM »

They sure

The reality to this old chesnut it.

Clare Road, Halifax media reports state that teachers get 12 weeks holiday a year. Do we? There are 365 days in a year. There are 52 weeks in a year, which means there are 104 Saturdays and Sundays. So, from 365 subtract 104; that means there are 261 working days.
Teachers are committed to 195 days from the 261; thus teachers are out of school for 66 days (13 working weeks and one day).
But everyone is entitled to holiday days. If you take the average holidays to be 25 days then subtract 25 days from 66; that leaves 41 days that teachers have "extra" to those not in teaching.
There are eight bank holidays; 41 minus eight leaves 33 days that teachers have "extra".

Most jobs involve a 40-hour week, but data has shown that teachers work more than 50 hours a week. This means that teachers work 10 hours more per week that the norm, equivalent to two hours per teaching day, without pay.

195 days worked at two hours extra per day means 390 hours extra per year; 390 hours divided by eight hours (an eight-hour day equals a 40-hour week) equals 48.75 extra days.

This means that, although teachers appear to "gain" 33 days more than others, their working schedule equates to an extra 48 days, leaving teachers 15 days worse off!

Sue McMahon

(Secretary, National Union of Teachers, Calderdale Division)

BTW, just to clarify again...this is not just a teacher's pension.

I also work 60 hours a week of which 15 are unpaid...get yourself a different job or ask for fewer working hours. the above is not an argument for a ridic pension plan, IMO.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 02, 2011, 07:51:02 PM »

I work shit hours with 4 weeks holiday so am obviously bitter. Sorry if my posts offended.

Me too.  [X] Am incredibly bitter

No offence taken at all, my sisters a teacher, and while I worked today she didnt. She also told me the other day she has 6 weeks off for t summer, saying that I know how hard she works and how long her day can be.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 02, 2011, 07:51:51 PM »

brilliant. so teachers earn close to minimum wage (a point you proved by showing calculations that at the very bottom of the pay scale they earn £10/hour, a number which really isn't close to min wage) and now they get 15 days less holiday than everyone else due to some really dodgy calculations

loving this thread

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 02, 2011, 07:55:58 PM »

Me too.  [X] Am incredibly bitter

No offence taken at all, my sisters a teacher, and while I worked today she didnt. She also told me the other day she has 6 weeks off for t summer, saying that I know how hard she works and how long her day can be.

Yeah, I was at work today and just finished a 60 hour week in which 800 people in my area of the business are out of a job. The job that has gone would have been my next promotion so pretty pissed off in general.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 206 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: