blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:41:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 413940 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: July 02, 2011, 07:59:47 PM »

Good thread  Grin   
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 02, 2011, 08:07:30 PM »

brilliant. so teachers earn close to minimum wage (a point you proved by showing calculations that at the very bottom of the pay scale they earn £10/hour, a number which really isn't close to min wage) and now they get 15 days less holiday than everyone else due to some really dodgy calculations

loving this thread
Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

Wise words...

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 02, 2011, 08:12:08 PM »

brilliant. so teachers earn close to minimum wage (a point you proved by showing calculations that at the very bottom of the pay scale they earn £10/hour, a number which really isn't close to min wage) and now they get 15 days less holiday than everyone else due to some really dodgy calculations

loving this thread

25k is pretty much the average for the point of entry and for the first 2-3 years..not the bottom of the scales as thats 22k. Earning £10 an hour imo is not something a proff. qualified person (degree, PGCE etc) should be aiming for. Hence why I left teaching.

The 15 days less was a fun post from a trade unions article, I did have a chuckle myself Smiley

and as for soviet you keep working those long hours..I am sure promotion aint far away.
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 02, 2011, 09:11:10 PM »

Teachers work 9-3 Monday to Friday and take 12 weeks holiday +

They sure

Ok so they work normal hours but with 12 weeks holiday?

Yes pretty much, shit hours but 12 weeks holiday.
The reality to this old chesnut it.

Clare Road, Halifax media reports state that teachers get 12 weeks holiday a year. Do we? There are 365 days in a year. There are 52 weeks in a year, which means there are 104 Saturdays and Sundays. So, from 365 subtract 104; that means there are 261 working days.
Teachers are committed to 195 days from the 261; thus teachers are out of school for 66 days (13 working weeks and one day).
But everyone is entitled to holiday days. If you take the average holidays to be 25 days then subtract 25 days from 66; that leaves 41 days that teachers have "extra" to those not in teaching.
There are eight bank holidays; 41 minus eight leaves 33 days that teachers have "extra".

Most jobs involve a 40-hour week, but data has shown that teachers work more than 50 hours a week. This means that teachers work 10 hours more per week that the norm, equivalent to two hours per teaching day, without pay.

195 days worked at two hours extra per day means 390 hours extra per year; 390 hours divided by eight hours (an eight-hour day equals a 40-hour week) equals 48.75 extra days.

This means that, although teachers appear to "gain" 33 days more than others, their working schedule equates to an extra 48 days, leaving teachers 15 days worse off!

Sue McMahon

(Secretary, National Union of Teachers, Calderdale Division)

Please can you go and wash the pots do the ironing or something.

Great.

Euro Millions

5 Number + 2 Stars

£137M

4 Numbers + 2 Stars

£2985

How top heavy is that.

Regards

M

« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 09:24:26 PM by MPOWER » Logged
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 03, 2011, 12:19:38 AM »

I have never read so much twaddle on a thread for a long time!

I think my favourite line of it all is that teachers have a stressful job! Gtfo!

All this thread goes to show is that people who work in the public sector really are as deluded as I thought they were!

I have listened to much of the media on this matter and can safely say that I haven't heard a single compelling arguement in support of the teachers! If you don't like it, move on with your skill set and earn more money doing something else if it's that easy.............. Oh wait!

Teachers are institutionalised lifers who wouldn't know what a hard days work was if they read about it in a text book!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 03, 2011, 01:09:22 AM »

We have so many fare dodgers on the trains that before you approach them you know just what to expect. I never used to generalize but trust me these buggers stand out.

What really pisses me off is the way they seem believe it is the first time you have seen the " Sleeping Pocket Dance" ,  ie . they get on the train and within 20 seconds they are fast on asleep then they proceed when requested for ticket after asking avg 5 times to wake them ,  they then tap every pocket on their persona. Resulting in " Oh I had one but it has gone".

Now I am not a jobs worth, but i hate to be thought of as an idiot from some unknown reason this is the only thing at work that tilts me terribly.

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 03, 2011, 01:12:51 AM »

We have so many fare dodgers on the trains that before you approach them you know just what to expect. I never used to generalize but trust me these buggers stand out.

What really pisses me off is the way they seem believe it is the first time you have seen the " Sleeping Pocket Dance" ,  ie . they get on the train and within 20 seconds they are fast on asleep then they proceed when requested for ticket after asking avg 5 times to wake them ,  they then tap every pocket on their persona. Resulting in " Oh I had one but it has gone".

Now I am not a jobs worth, but i hate to be thought of as an idiot from some unknown reason this is the only thing at work that tilts me terribly.

Oh and the ladies wearing Burkhas plus glasses then showing a photo ID to a seasonal pass.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 03, 2011, 01:16:47 AM »

Most of the people who went on to become teachers from my uni days were the ones who got poor degrees and could not find anything better to do than go into teaching whilst they got something better. Well nothing better ever cane along for any of em coz they still teach.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 03, 2011, 01:22:06 AM »

got really confused for a minute then wondering why you were posting this on the thread about the teachers

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 03, 2011, 01:22:58 AM »

Striking is for knobs.
Fair or not fair the rest of the country grumbles and carries on or leaves for something else.
If the perks are that bad why don't they all go out and get these better jobs where they can earn more money? Oh yeh they're aren't many about at the minute.
Get to work please
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 03, 2011, 01:23:55 AM »

Whoops, have i had a Ding moment, I really thought it was a thread about what pissed me us off. didnt bother reading back. 

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 03, 2011, 01:25:34 AM »

Whoops, have i had a Ding moment, I really thought it was a thread about what pissed me us off. didnt bother reading back. 

lol it is mo, it's just gone right off on a tangent.  wd for getting it back on track imo.

i'm trying to think of something novel that pisses me off to help it along, but i've not really been pissed off today.  people need to try harder imo Cheesy

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 03, 2011, 01:33:00 AM »

actually briefly going back to teachers.  didn't really piss me off, but my daughter's teacher wrote on her homework last week:

'good effort, but you could of done more'

was v tempted to get my red pen out......

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 03, 2011, 01:39:42 AM »

Have teachers been striking ? I remember way back when Mr Jones striked me for skiving, Think he got a kick out of it, come to think of it that cane looked patchey.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 03, 2011, 06:06:01 AM »

actually briefly going back to teachers.  didn't really piss me off, but my daughter's teacher wrote on her homework last week:

'good effort, but you could of done more'

was v tempted to get my red pen out......

In the strike there was a photo of a teacher with a banner that had a spelling mistake on it - technically I suppose that part should be in the things that make you happy thread Smiley

So I'll add - teachers complaining they start on a low pay when it's over the median pay for the country - it's slightly less than the average graduate salary (£25k) - but I'm fairly sure that the people I've seen complaining about it weren't thinking about that, they just genuinely considered it as low pay.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 206 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: