blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:50:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  So much for Fair play
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So much for Fair play  (Read 4035 times)
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 08:48:56 PM »

Do you have a better suggestion as to how clubs like City can become a "proper" club?

A better suggestion that by messing around your figures and just do some dodgy accounting?

Yeah, how about you go on the way you are going and try to get something going in the CL and challenge for a few titles. (Though that will obv be difficult if you pay over the odds for average players)

Lets take any top player and Nasri is probably a good example. If he has a choice between United and City he will probably choose United based on history and record in the EPL unless we throw more money at him. We have had to do the same for some pretty average players of late, but step by step we evolve from average to better and turf out the average ones. We have a few for sale if anyone interested.
In recent years it has been unfair that clubs like Everton, Spurs, Villa and City have no chance to compete for the top and obviously delighted it is my lot that now have the Golden ticket from Wonka land. It may well end in tears, but going to enjoy it while it lasts.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 09:03:22 PM »

Do you have a better suggestion as to how clubs like City can become a "proper" club?

Spurs seem to be doing a pretty good job of it.

Not sure if that was for comedy value or not but I Loled  Cheesy

How so?

Revenue is up. Profit is up. They broke the top 4. Their net spend is down on previous managers.

If they hadn't been in the CL they'd have probably made 4th again.
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 09:06:51 PM »

Maybe I am wrong, my perception is that they have been spending money and haven't won the FA cup for 20 years.

My point wasn't to take the mick out of them (well Maybe), but how can teams like City and Spurs become a "proper" club without doing things like a dodgy stadium deal under the new rules? As  I understand it the rules say that City and Spurs aren't allowed to spend as much as United whose revenue is far in excess of ours so how do they do it? 
dan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 10:04:16 PM »

Baron, Spurs have been living well out of their depth for years. Alot of what they have spent has not come from their own turnover it come from Levy's pocket, so I dont think they have been doing things "properly"

I know we have gone years without a trophy but if we'd have spent what Spurs have on their squad and not qualified for the CL for all but 1 season it would be a catastrophe.... Man City are taking the piss but like someone said earlier, I think it was Monda,  there is no way UEFA will ban any of the big or rich clubs from euroope
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 11:39:41 PM »

Baron, Spurs have been living well out of their depth for years. Alot of what they have spent has not come from their own turnover it come from Levy's pocket, so I dont think they have been doing things "properly"

Agree, in the past tense, but they're becoming self sustainable. Everything in my above post is true. This isn't the Jol or Ramos era. Their numbers are fine. Partially due to huge sales admittedly.

I'm a firm believer of Redknapp being one of the over rated managers but the Spurs owners have done so much more right than wrong in the last 5 years. I have zero doubt that they'll be a huge EPL force in the next few years, without a sugar daddy.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2011, 11:44:16 PM »

Maybe I am wrong, my perception is that they have been spending money and haven't won the FA cup for 20 years.

My point wasn't to take the mick out of them (well Maybe), but how can teams like City and Spurs become a "proper" club without doing things like a dodgy stadium deal under the new rules? As  I understand it the rules say that City and Spurs aren't allowed to spend as much as United whose revenue is far in excess of ours so how do they do it? 

As I said, Spurs are doing it imho.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2011, 10:11:07 AM »

bit.ly/rsuY1I
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2011, 11:46:37 AM »

Here's the real link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2015243/Liverpool-chief-Ian-Ayre-blasts-Man-City-400m-stadium-deal.html
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2011, 07:36:15 PM »

Yeah read this, but will wait to see what Liverpool do when they finally get a proper stadium (how many years have they been messing about) and see how much the naming rights go for.

As for Spurs, still hoping they buy Adebayor. 
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2011, 08:43:47 PM »

Yeah read this, but will wait to see what Liverpool do when they finally get a proper stadium (how many years have they been messing about) and see how much the naming rights go for.

I hope they stick it right up City and sell it for 2 Billion

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2011, 08:48:44 PM »

Baron, Spurs have been living well out of their depth for years. Alot of what they have spent has not come from their own turnover it come from Levy's pocket, so I dont think they have been doing things "properl

The spuds tranfer kitty actually comes from Joe Louis' pocket, but that is by the by.

How can a club who do not even own their stadium sell the naming rights?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2011, 09:47:01 PM »

I hope they stick it right up City and sell it for 2 Billion

No problem if they do, just wish they would get on with it.
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2011, 10:03:25 PM »

Manchester City Football Club is delighted to announce that it has teamed up with the global sports video game company, Electronic Arts Inc., as its new partner.

The deal was announced at EA's campus in British Columbia as part of City’s summer tour activity in Canada and is unprecedented in both its scale and scope within the computer game industry.

Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2011, 05:17:27 PM »

Looks like something else for Uefa to investigate.....

Manchester United have signed a new £40m sponsorship deal for their domestic training kit that exceeds the value of all but five main shirt sponsors in the Premier League.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2011, 05:20:30 PM »

wow, that's a lot of money for DHL to piss down the drain.

Didn't know they were shareholders in Man U though.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: