blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 12:42:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272953 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Laxie Goes Primetime
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie Goes Primetime  (Read 146054 times)
LaxieJr

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 16, 2011, 03:02:47 PM »

Lol, I know Mom just said i'd drive Rich mad with another grammar mistake! Smiley No need to thank me lol.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 16, 2011, 03:07:24 PM »

It's God, not "god", Mum not "Mom"

God. Capital G.

You can have Mum and I'll have Mom.  Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure I've Kin on my side when it comes to god stuff.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 16, 2011, 03:19:47 PM »

was going to say, don't your kids read this diary, wouldnt like people talking about my parenting skills if my kids were reading etc Sad

what happened to your son? first year of uni over?

I don't mind my kids reading it.  If I've messed up something, don't you worry - they'll tell me straight and you lot won't give them any new ammo - that's for sure!  lol

Brian got through it just about but found it very difficult.  Maths aren't a strong point by him as I've said before.  Now he's talking about going back to the drawing board and trying for more points on the exams so he can chase a different course.  Whatever he decides, we'll support him.  Just want them to be happy and it would totally bite to be stuck in a lifetime career he doesn't enjoy.

so how come he went to do a maths course if he doesnt like maths?! how much is education in ireland, one year missed going to be a problem or not?

back to the drawing board seems pretty late decision, he will have to sort it very soon, new school year coming up and if he spends a year working in small jobs it really could be a hugely wasteful 2 years when almost exactly 1 year ago you were so enthusiastic about his future.

wish him the bol.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 16, 2011, 03:28:31 PM »

was going to say, don't your kids read this diary, wouldnt like people talking about my parenting skills if my kids were reading etc Sad

I don't mind my kids reading it.  If I've messed up something, don't you worry - they'll tell me straight and you lot won't give them any new ammo - that's for sure!  lol

Brian got through it just about but found it very difficult.  Maths aren't a strong point by him as I've said before.  Now he's talking about going back to the drawing board and trying for more points on the exams so he can chase a different course.  Whatever he decides, we'll support him.  Just want them to be happy and it would totally bite to be stuck in a lifetime career he doesn't enjoy.

so how come he went to do a maths course if he doesnt like maths?! how much is education in ireland, one year missed going to be a problem or not?

back to the drawing board seems pretty late decision, he will have to sort it very soon, new school year coming up and if he spends a year working in small jobs it really could be a hugely wasteful 2 years when almost exactly 1 year ago you were so enthusiastic about his future.

wish him the bol.

He thought he could manage it.  Personally, I don't think he gave it much thought...just picked something based on the points he had.  One year missed actually gives Tim a break on fees.  It was over 5k last year for school and flat.  Taking the year to re-test means a year off from those fees and it won't be a problem going back after, provided he gets those extra points he's hoping for. 

I was surprised to be honest.  It was such a sweat getting him over the finish line.  But ya know what?  If he's decided to go back a step, it has to be a good thing.  At least he's not trying to fool himself or anyone else by motoring on in something he's not comfortable with.

Will pass on your good wishes though and thank you.   Smiley

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 16, 2011, 03:36:21 PM »

Oi!!!  Jr!  Latest RSQ is here  http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=54647.0  but ya have to submit answers by 4pm today.  That's in like 25 minutes.  Will let you know when the next one is on though. 

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 16, 2011, 03:40:06 PM »

wish him the bol.

He thought he could manage it.  Personally, I don't think he gave it much thought...just picked something based on the points he had.  One year missed actually gives Tim a break on fees.  It was over 5k last year for school and flat.  Taking the year to re-test means a year off from those fees and it won't be a problem going back after, provided he gets those extra points he's hoping for. 

I was surprised to be honest.  It was such a sweat getting him over the finish line.  But ya know what?  If he's decided to go back a step, it has to be a good thing.  At least he's not trying to fool himself or anyone else by motoring on in something he's not comfortable with.

byt the time he finishes hius exams, he'd be in his final year of uni and basically got a degree, I think just seeing it our and getting the degree (keep ur 5k equity!) and then decide afterwars would be a fantastic idea, so mnay people just pikcing random courses and dropping out when the tough gets going. not saying this si the case with your bairn, but just in general, people really see uni as a playground and it tilts me alot.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 16, 2011, 03:42:00 PM »

Right, where to start.

As ye all know, i've been reading Mom's diaries since they all started, when she was here and since she moved to England. I had great laughs with her doing the RSQ (Its Derry not Londonderry lol) and even more laughs joining in with conversations and visits from some of her friends in the poker world. Smiley I met most of them in Killarney for Celtic Chaos and had a great time. This was the first time I had ever seen Jack, and needless to say we were both shy at the start but ended up getting on brilliantly. I used to read this form everyday while skyping my mother having laughs about all the ketchup and eggs debate and where they should be put but today when we chatted everything was different. I hadn't read this in a while and some of the comments people have posted about my family, mainly my parents are shocking and suprising from a few people, in particular some people who I thought were good friends with mom and whom I thought understood everything but I guess not. Everybody in blonde may have looked through the glass in her last topic, which had to be changed for certain reasons, but ye were always on the outside and never properly understood what was really happening. One of ye had the nerve to slam my father in this topic, but I will not name them cause I don't like to single anybody out like ye are doing to my mother. But that post in itself was heartless and downright rude.

No matter what I read here and what people say about my parents I know they have always done the best they could in raising myself and my brother and sister. Ye may think my mother is a "bad person" for leaving this house, but after everything she has been through she deserves the break she has now and her new life with Jack. The comment that started this whole new debate off was referring to how my mother wasn't coming over for my rescheduled appointment, which doesn't bother me at all, which ye think it does, but it doesn't. I have a alot of people here helping out with everything and my father can do the job at the hospital perfectly by himself. I will be seeing my mother and Jack in October which is a trip I cannot wait for but for now the break from now till then is needed.

I have said my bit for now. Hope ALL will read to see what I have to say after presuming what I think about everything which is complete false and pure rubbish. And maybe then cut my mom a bit of slack.

DIH ITT!

No Irish 12 year old could write like that. I demand an inquiry!!!

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 16, 2011, 03:44:05 PM »

Also her post touched me abit, potm Smiley

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 16, 2011, 03:45:02 PM »

wish him the bol.

byt the time he finishes hius exams, he'd be in his final year of uni and basically got a degree, I think just seeing it our and getting the degree (keep ur 5k equity!) and then decide afterwars would be a fantastic idea, so mnay people just pikcing random courses and dropping out when the tough gets going. not saying this si the case with your bairn, but just in general, people really see uni as a playground and it tilts me alot.

Sorry, but how are you figuring that?  He's doing a one year refresher course and exams in May 2012.  He's only missing out on one year of uni. and my understanding is he'll still have the credits he's already achieved in his first year to carry on when he returns.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 16, 2011, 03:46:08 PM »

Right, where to start.

As ye all know, i've been reading Mom's diaries since they all started, when she was here and since she moved to England. I had great laughs with her doing the RSQ (Its Derry not Londonderry lol) and even more laughs joining in with conversations and visits from some of her friends in the poker world. Smiley I met most of them in Killarney for Celtic Chaos and had a great time. This was the first time I had ever seen Jack, and needless to say we were both shy at the start but ended up getting on brilliantly. I used to read this form everyday while skyping my mother having laughs about all the ketchup and eggs debate and where they should be put but today when we chatted everything was different. I hadn't read this in a while and some of the comments people have posted about my family, mainly my parents are shocking and suprising from a few people, in particular some people who I thought were good friends with mom and whom I thought understood everything but I guess not. Everybody in blonde may have looked through the glass in her last topic, which had to be changed for certain reasons, but ye were always on the outside and never properly understood what was really happening. One of ye had the nerve to slam my father in this topic, but I will not name them cause I don't like to single anybody out like ye are doing to my mother. But that post in itself was heartless and downright rude.

No matter what I read here and what people say about my parents I know they have always done the best they could in raising myself and my brother and sister. Ye may think my mother is a "bad person" for leaving this house, but after everything she has been through she deserves the break she has now and her new life with Jack. The comment that started this whole new debate off was referring to how my mother wasn't coming over for my rescheduled appointment, which doesn't bother me at all, which ye think it does, but it doesn't. I have a alot of people here helping out with everything and my father can do the job at the hospital perfectly by himself. I will be seeing my mother and Jack in October which is a trip I cannot wait for but for now the break from now till then is needed.

I have said my bit for now. Hope ALL will read to see what I have to say after presuming what I think about everything which is complete false and pure rubbish. And maybe then cut my mom a bit of slack.

DIH ITT!

No Irish 12 year old could write like that. I demand an inquiry!!!

Good thing she's 14 since April.   Saves on the enquiry. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 16, 2011, 03:49:04 PM »

Also her post touched me abit, potm Smiley

Yer not the only one.  The eejit had me in tears a bit.

The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: August 16, 2011, 06:30:34 PM »

Sigh - Sarah the 'Shark' on the forum, there goes the neighbourhood.

Oh, by the way, don't mention poker dice - I still get flashbacks.

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 16, 2011, 06:43:35 PM »

Poker dice?  Dunno what yer on about...

Click to see full-size image.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 16, 2011, 06:48:08 PM »

Poker dice?  Dunno what yer on about...

Click to see full-size image.

Quite possibly the neatest I've seen Ger look in quite some time lololol
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 16, 2011, 07:08:33 PM »

For Sarah.

When I first saw that you'd joined blonde and posted in this thread my initial thought was 'a 14 year old posting on blonde and joining in on the thread - gg, no one's going to get involved in a debate with a kid'. It made me feel pretty uncomfortable tbh.  That was my initial reaction.  You see, that's what we humans do - we react to things, then we take time to let the reality sink in and either resolve our initial reactions or we give them consideration and maybe reach a different conclusion.  Where matters regarding parenting are concerned, everyone's got a view, and we're usually our own worst critics tbh.  Once I'd gone past the initial reaction, I realised, of course, that if your Mum thinks you're mature enough to join the forum and join in debate with everyone here then it would just be patronising of me not to respond to your post solely based on your age, when I'd have replied if anyone else had written it.

So, before I reply, welcome to blonde (and Laura too) Smiley

No one has said (or I believe, implied) that your Mum is a 'bad person' for doing what she's chosen to do.  What you'll find here is a range of views, from people with their own characteristics who'll all do things differently.  What I said in my earlier post stands - I can't get my head around how someone can up sticks and move far away from their children to be with a bloke they've been seeing for five minutes.  The reason I can't get my head around it is simply because I couldn't do it.  Does that mean I think someone who does it is 'bad'?  No, of course not, it means I don't understand it, and therefore struggle to empathise.

The reason I posted the other day was because, like Michelle (and apprently others) I'd been shocked at some of the things your Mum had said in her recent posts about her visit back over to Ireland.  To me, as an outsider looking in, it looked like what was being documented were signs that you guys weren't as happy and 'on board' with the situation as we'd been led to believe. You're clearly an intelligent and insightful young woman, so I'm sure you can understand why some of us reached that conclusion from what your Mum posted.  As I said, I chose not to comment for the reasons I set out.  Michelle did choose to comment.  Again, does that make either of us 'good' or 'bad'?  No, just different. 

Raising kids is one of the toughest jobs in the world.  From the moment our kids our born we'll have well meaning people giving us a variety of different opinions.  Even the NHS and the government change the advice on the 'right' way to do various things depending on the weather ffs!   What most of us do is soak it all up, and then do what we believe best based on everything we've taken in and our own gut instincts.  However you choose to handle something will be different to what the next person, and the person after that would choose to do. 

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I joined a pregnancy and parenting forum.  As a result, I now have a number of friends with children exactly the same age and we often ask eachother for advice on various issues, sometimes along the lines of 'this was what I did, what do you guys think?'.  Now, rightly or wrongly, I read your Mum's reply to Michelle's comments thanking her and saying she found it helpful, and decided to put my point of view forward too.  Perhaps that was misjudged, it seems it might have been.  I stand by what I said up to the last line though, which I'll happily take back because it was unnecessary and speculative.  That's what happens on these diaries, people post stuff for public view and it's open to scrutiny.  Now you're a member of blonde I'm sure you'll find yourself disagreeing with people and having people disagreeing with you too.  Just don't get in an argument with kinboshi because he's pretty tenacious and won't ever back down Wink

Finally, I'm sure no-one begrudges your Mum's happiness - I know she's had a tough ride over the last few years and it's also good to see Jack happy too, but - for me - it made for uncomfortable reading sometimes when it appeared that might be at the expense of the happiness of you kids, based on your mum's own words.   You've cleared that up for us now - as long as you guys are happy and on board then what a bunch of people on the internet might think isn't really worth a jot.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: