blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 09:06:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272948 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Laxie Goes Primetime
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie Goes Primetime  (Read 146020 times)
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: August 17, 2011, 08:41:36 AM »

For Sarah.

When I first saw that you'd joined blonde and posted in this thread my initial thought was 'a 14 year old posting on blonde and joining in on the thread - gg, no one's going to get involved in a debate with a kid'. It made me feel pretty uncomfortable tbh.  That was my initial reaction.  You see, that's what we humans do - we react to things, then we take time to let the reality sink in and either resolve our initial reactions or we give them consideration and maybe reach a different conclusion.  Where matters regarding parenting are concerned, everyone's got a view, and we're usually our own worst critics tbh.  Once I'd gone past the initial reaction, I realised, of course, that if your Mum thinks you're mature enough to join the forum and join in debate with everyone here then it would just be patronising of me not to respond to your post solely based on your age, when I'd have replied if anyone else had written it.

So, before I reply, welcome to blonde (and Laura too) Smiley

No one has said (or I believe, implied) that your Mum is a 'bad person' for doing what she's chosen to do.  What you'll find here is a range of views, from people with their own characteristics who'll all do things differently.  What I said in my earlier post stands - I can't get my head around how someone can up sticks and move far away from their children to be with a bloke they've been seeing for five minutes.  The reason I can't get my head around it is simply because I couldn't do it.  Does that mean I think someone who does it is 'bad'?  No, of course not, it means I don't understand it, and therefore struggle to empathise.

The reason I posted the other day was because, like Michelle (and apprently others) I'd been shocked at some of the things your Mum had said in her recent posts about her visit back over to Ireland.  To me, as an outsider looking in, it looked like what was being documented were signs that you guys weren't as happy and 'on board' with the situation as we'd been led to believe. You're clearly an intelligent and insightful young woman, so I'm sure you can understand why some of us reached that conclusion from what your Mum posted.  As I said, I chose not to comment for the reasons I set out.  Michelle did choose to comment.  Again, does that make either of us 'good' or 'bad'?  No, just different. 

Raising kids is one of the toughest jobs in the world.  From the moment our kids our born we'll have well meaning people giving us a variety of different opinions.  Even the NHS and the government change the advice on the 'right' way to do various things depending on the weather ffs!   What most of us do is soak it all up, and then do what we believe best based on everything we've taken in and our own gut instincts.  However you choose to handle something will be different to what the next person, and the person after that would choose to do. 

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I joined a pregnancy and parenting forum.  As a result, I now have a number of friends with children exactly the same age and we often ask eachother for advice on various issues, sometimes along the lines of 'this was what I did, what do you guys think?'.  Now, rightly or wrongly, I read your Mum's reply to Michelle's comments thanking her and saying she found it helpful, and decided to put my point of view forward too.  Perhaps that was misjudged, it seems it might have been.  I stand by what I said up to the last line though, which I'll happily take back because it was unnecessary and speculative.  That's what happens on these diaries, people post stuff for public view and it's open to scrutiny.  Now you're a member of blonde I'm sure you'll find yourself disagreeing with people and having people disagreeing with you too.  Just don't get in an argument with kinboshi because he's pretty tenacious and won't ever back down Wink

Finally, I'm sure no-one begrudges your Mum's happiness - I know she's had a tough ride over the last few years and it's also good to see Jack happy too, but - for me - it made for uncomfortable reading sometimes when it appeared that might be at the expense of the happiness of you kids, based on your mum's own words.   You've cleared that up for us now - as long as you guys are happy and on board then what a bunch of people on the internet might think isn't really worth a jot.

I know it must of been difficult or hard to understand why I joined the form but it was purely because I felt like I needed a say in this. I know it is an adult form or whatever but I have been always sitting at Mom's side while she was living here reading all of the posts in her diary and smiling at the latest pictures and even joining in on the RSQ nights laughing at all of the objections with her. I feel like Blonde is a special bond I have with my mother because my brother and sister were never really interested in it, but I was. I always wanted to join in on the banter on her diary talking about celtic chaos and Ger's visits - which needless to say I always looked forward to. Today I found out that I could join blonde cause there has never been an age limit as such, but I had to keep out of trouble and my posts couldn't include bad language, I'm trying my best but for some parts it was hard after reading some of the posts in this diary.

I put in bold the sentence up there because you may have felt uncomfortable when I joined, but how do you think I felt when I was reading those comments referring to my Mom's Mum's (yw Rich lol) parenting. From reading her post I can understand how you and Michelle felt the way you did but I don't really think it was necessary how everybody joined in at once, leaving my Mum thinking she had made a bad parenting move, which, in my opinion she hasn't, afterall it comes down to my choice and nobody elses because it is infact my operation.

Now, referring to the move - I have no problem what-so-ever with Jack. He is a sound and funny lad and gives my Mum the love and respect she needed and deserved. She managed to stay in this house 2 years. That's more than anybody can ask for after what she has been through here. As regards to why she was relieved to be back in England is 100 percent understandable to me. Don't get me wrong, I love her to bits but nobody deserves to be treated the way she was by my Sister at the start of her visit. My sister will come around eventually, its hard to grasp and understand life sometimes but I know she is getting there, and hopefully someday she will be making the trips to England with me. I already have a trip set for this year that I will be making by my own but I know its going to be a blast! Smiley

And thank you for the welcome! Smiley I'll only probably be here though because im obv too young to be playing poker! Smiley

And welcome to blonde young lady.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 17, 2011, 11:08:35 AM »

Thanks for Sarah's warm welcomes everyone!!!  God help ye during the RSQ though.  Now that she'll be getting stuck in too, it could get messy. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 17, 2011, 11:12:31 AM »

I've a visitor on the way, but will get back to regular diary updates either later this evening or tomorrow.  Lots going on, more on the way and all of it good.  Go figure.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #378 on: August 17, 2011, 11:37:21 AM »

Thanks for Sarah's warm welcomes everyone!!!  God help ye during the RSQ though.  Now that she'll be getting stuck in too, it could get messy. 

Especially as she cheats.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 17, 2011, 12:28:44 PM »

Especially as she cheats.

Bitter much?  At least the prize still went to your house...WELL DONE MRS. B!!!   

ruholding

little grey cells

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 17, 2011, 12:56:42 PM »

Don't worry Chicka...you already play poker better than a good few here around here.  Not naming names obv.   

tikay chompy celtic and claw. obv not sicilian

PS CHOMPY STILL 0 BRACELETS
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 17, 2011, 12:58:26 PM »

Don't worry Chicka...you already play poker better than a good few here around here.  Not naming names obv.   

Yer a brave soul.  lol

ruholding

little grey cells

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 17, 2011, 01:00:11 PM »

Yer a brave soul.  lol

only the truth - ive seen one of them play 4 5 oop - and bink. not saying which one obv.

welcome sarah too

PS CHOMPY STILL 0 BRACELETS
LaxieJr

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 17, 2011, 01:01:51 PM »

Oi! You forgot Ger! Smiley

and thanks for the welcomes everybody! Smiley
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 17, 2011, 01:06:34 PM »

Poor Ger.  Gets beat a few times by a girl and he never lives it down.

LaxieJr

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 17, 2011, 01:07:44 PM »

Poor Ger.  Gets beat a few times by a girl and he never lives it down.

Its a tad bit more than a few times at this stage im afraid Smiley lol
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: August 17, 2011, 01:41:00 PM »

Oh dear, a miniature Dawn.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 17, 2011, 01:46:01 PM »

LaxioeJr to start a blog.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #388 on: August 17, 2011, 06:16:41 PM »

Its a tad bit more than a few times at this stage im afraid Smiley lol

Sigh - just sigh

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 18, 2011, 08:15:20 AM »

New Edition RSQ Sars...get on it!!!    http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=54732.msg1417337#msg1417337

PS  This is a FORUM not a form ffs.  (Wasn't half tilting me x)

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: