blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:31:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  $1/2 SH Spot
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: $1/2 SH Spot  (Read 4310 times)
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2011, 02:32:52 AM »

***** Hand History for Game 64442683674 ***** (Poker Stars)
$200.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Monday, July 11, 07:18:19 ET 2011
Table Kilia VI (Real Money)
Seat 5 is the button
Seat 1: Helio TYF ( $200.00 USD )
Seat 2: pappadogg ( $200.00 USD )
Seat 3: VDubi ( $160.00 USD )
Seat 4: Min-raiseFTW ( $200.00 USD )
Seat 5: CSH$MONSTA ( $328.55 USD )
Seat 6: Zerafin01 ( $195.00 USD )
Zerafin01 posts small blind [$1.00 USD].
Helio TYF posts big blind [$2.00 USD].
VDubi posts big blind [$2.00 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Min-raiseFTW [  ]
pappadogg folds
VDubi checks
Min-raiseFTW raises [$8.00 USD]
CSH$MONSTA calls [$8.00 USD]
Zerafin01 folds
Helio TYF raises [$22.60 USD]
VDubi folds
Min-raiseFTW calls [$16.60 USD]
CSH$MONSTA calls [$16.60 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ , three diamonds, ]
Helio TYF checks
Min-raiseFTW bets [$48.00 USD]
CSH$MONSTA calls [$48.00 USD]
Helio TYF folds
** Dealing Turn ** [ ]
Min-raiseFTW Huh?

I have ~1000 hands on 'CSH$MONSTA'. He is from the UK, plays 18/15, break-even reg.
I have 256 hands on 'Hello TYF'. Playing 29/26, also a break-even player, semi-reg.

Villain H TYF 3-bets my open after a call on the button, seems like a spot he will be squeezing light a lot in, esp playing 29/26 with a 3b% of ~10. Therefore felt my range would be ahead and isn't a bad spot to peel. Not sure if reg on the BTN makes a difference in this decision? Not closing the action and not guarenteed position in the hand (as was the case with the BTN calling too).

After Villain H TYF checks this flop texture, it seems unlikely he is strong, AA-JJ bets out on this board texture a vastly high %, seems like a give-up on the squeeze, so I bet, just looking to get through the player on the BTN (happened [ ])

Then with the BTN calling and other villain folding, i bink top-pair, with less than a pot-sized bet to come. ($127 into $173). Is the line up to now terribly -EV? There is logic there, it just seems a little too sub-optimal potentially?

Also what do we do on this turn? Jam and hope to be called by either the FD or Tx or JJ? Seems unlikely/impossible this villain ever floats here -> seems unlikely a check to enduce is the way to go?
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 03:02:28 AM »

Think his range is pretty much Tx, sets or pair below a ten.
Would expect a FD to jam the flop.

I think a jam now is fine, given that he probably checks back all of his 1 pr hands, and the board isn't going to get any better on the river to encourage him to call, or bet, worse hands than yours.

At least he can hero now putting you on a FD / bluff etc.....

Not sure PF is profitable.
KQo doesn't play that great against a squeeze, and a probable caller in position.
WotRTheChances

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 03:22:41 AM »

Not sure PF is profitable.
KQo doesn't play that great against a squeeze, and a probable caller in position.

This was my major concern looking back at this hand. Seems like jamming the turn here is pretty standard once at this point.

Do you not think KQo plays profitably just against a squeezers range? includles a lot of KXs, QXs etc, hands we dominate. Obv AK/AQ give us reverse implied odds. It is quite interesting the best way to play that kind of hand vs a sqeeze would be post-flop. Looking back, noticing this is a great spot to squeeze and given the villain, this is possibly a spot to 4bet smallish ($52-58) rather than looking to play IP vs an unsure range and unsure if we will have position
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 03:58:35 AM »

Yeah, if his squeeze range is super wide then it's tempting to 4bet.
Don't want to 4 bet fold a hand like KQ, therefore I am 4 betting to get it in.... but KQ doesn't play that well against his get it in range.
Don't hate it though, just depends  how wide he is squeezing.

If we call PF, because the  pot is already $75 (given we expect the button to call), we are relying on us hitting the flop (which we didn't in this case), or him checking (which he shouldn't, partic on this board).
If we miss and he bets (2/3 of the time), it's tough for us to continue.

When we do hit, we will sometimes be dominated, but pretty much have to do our stack.

I am assuming you 4x opened because of the poster?
Obv inflates the pot and makes this spot a bit tougher out of 100bb stacks.
piestack

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 11:56:47 AM »

4bet fold pf. helio is super lucky though so i might just fold to his squeeze
turn obv jam
WotRTheChances

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 12:17:23 PM »

Yeah, if his squeeze range is super wide then it's tempting to 4bet.
Don't want to 4 bet fold a hand like KQ, therefore I am 4 betting to get it in

Disagree with this. Firstly his sqeeze range doesn't have to be super-wide to 4-bet here, we just have to be confident it is a squeeze a decent %, obv by 4-betting we are repping a hand much stronger than anything he is squeezing with.

Also you say you don't want to be 4-bet folding a hand like KQ, but if peeling isn't a great option, then we are just turning our hand into a bluff regardless -> doesn't really matter what it is. Definately not 4-betting to get it in, I would only ever be crushed here, unless he has TT/JJ (small % of his get-it-in range here imo).

I am assuming you 4x opened because of the poster?
Obv inflates the pot and makes this spot a bit tougher out of 100bb stacks.

Yes, 4x due to poster. It does make this spot tougher, esp to flat in, but still don't think 4-bet folding should be ruled out... you have to have bluff/semi-bluff 4-bets in your game in the SH games.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 12:52:58 PM »

Also you say you don't want to be 4-bet folding a hand like KQ, but if peeling isn't a great option, then we are just turning our hand into a bluff regardless -> doesn't really matter what it is. Definately not 4-betting to get it in, I would only ever be crushed here, unless he has TT/JJ (small % of his get-it-in range here imo).

That's kind of the point I am making..... don't mind 4b folding, just don't like doing it with KQ. Better to pick the  bottom of your opening range to do it with.
TheFallen

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 01:21:59 PM »

i like your play both pre and on the flop (except betting less on the flop will probably get the same job done).

turn is yuck. jam and hope he has a wierdly played 99/JJ i guess. He prob ahs a set most of the time but there is a lot of money out there now. 

Blame it on my A.D.D. baby
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 03:40:54 PM »

I like the lot so far and im pretty happy about jamming the turn now
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 03:45:45 PM »

I like the lot so far and im pretty happy about jamming the turn now

Disagree with this fish.

I'd raise pre 4x then flat call the raise. Bet the flop then shove the turn.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 04:29:15 PM »

I'm not sure why we are making a relevance to win rates over such a small sample that doesn't show anything.

Just 3x it pre, fold to the 3b, even though the bb has a 3b 10% KQos is pretty bad hand to play multiway oop in a 3b pot, button is pretty much never folding.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 04:31:58 PM by mondatoo » Logged
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 08:36:00 PM »

fold to 3b purleaseeee

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 08:43:50 PM »

pretty sure KQ is an absolutley fine hand to 4b/fold pre, better than  etc for sure.

really don't think we're deep enough or have enough info on anyone to be messing around preflop here, only ~250 hands on the 3better so we have pretty much zero info on his 3betting tendancies and it's going to be a pain to play OOP with pretty poor visibility, so think anything other than a fold is a bit of a spew

as played we gotta go with it now

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 11:42:50 PM »

pretty sure KQ is an absolutley fine hand to 4b/fold pre, better than   etc for sure.

really don't think we're deep enough or have enough info on anyone to be messing around preflop here, only ~250 hands on the 3better so we have pretty much zero info on his 3betting tendancies and it's going to be a pain to play OOP with pretty poor visibility, so think anything other than a fold is a bit of a spew

as played we gotta go with it now

Obv as long as we know villain is going to be 3b us light regularly then KQ should be inc in quite a wide range of hands overall, that we would 4b/fold.

I thought the 3b of 10% was for the villain of 1k hands, agree anything less than this and the figure isn't going to be too reliable to make any decisions on.

If this was hu then I'd be either folding or 4b/fold but multiway without much info on either I just fold here. If we had a ton of history on both and knew the button had a polarized range of small-mid pairs and weak aces etc and the bb is squeezing a lot then this would be a good spot to 4b light, but we don't know that.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 12:38:39 AM by mondatoo » Logged
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 12:36:29 AM »

Seems a pretty clear 4b/fold to me. Blockerrrrsssssssss
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: