blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 08:14:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273481 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  RIP Amy Winehouse
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RIP Amy Winehouse  (Read 19721 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2011, 02:58:24 PM »

5 days ago a true British hero was killed in action fighting for our country. Did you know this? Do you know his name? Do you care?
A smackhead loser dies and its all over the news and all over facebook within minutes. RIP Corporal Mark Anthony Palin from 1st Battalion The Rifles , '...We will remember them'.

Why does it have to be one or the other? Can you not have sympathy for both?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2011, 03:01:09 PM »

Red-Dog made the best post ITT, and was totally ignored.

imo.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2011, 03:05:38 PM »

5 days ago a true British hero was killed in action fighting for our country. Did you know this? Do you know his name? Do you care?
A smackhead loser dies and its all over the news and all over facebook within minutes. RIP Corporal Mark Anthony Palin from 1st Battalion The Rifles , '...We will remember them'.

Why does it have to be one or the other? Can you not have sympathy for both?
there will be far less sympathy for Corporal Palin because our media chooses to focus on Winehouse. She even managed to knock the Norway story off top spot on some channels. Young children and war heros win the sympathy vote hands down. Any  loss of life is tragic but self inflicted is far less so

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2011, 04:28:11 PM »

I'm curious to know if there's any sympathy for smokers who die from lung cancer or drinkers who die from cirrhosis of the liver?

If someone dies from cirrhosis of the liver after hitting the drink hard through depression, or other circumstances, that's sad, if someone dies from cirrhosis of the liver from drinking too much for instance if it happened someone like myself, there should be no sympathy. Similarly if someone smokes 40 tabs a day due to depression or whatever else it could be, that's sad, if they just want to smoke because they like it then there should be no sympathy. The fact is, people just make assumptions without knowing anything about a person's situation and make broad sweeping statements similarly to those acca2020 made about Gipsies, imo there's no difference to his post about Gipsies and some of the posts itt. I'm not mentioning that because it's a direct relation to you Tom, more so because in both cases, although they're quite different, people are showing the same traits.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2011, 05:00:07 PM »

Yeah, people who drink or smoke to enjoy themselves deserve everything they get. I don't know why people do things that make them feel good?? Some right crazy feckers out there imo.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2011, 05:14:51 PM »

Natural selection.

The media need to be fucking put down for this story being anywhere near the Norway attacks, China train crash, US shooting etc. What a disgrace. Fucking retarded country we live in where people care about this one person who kills themselves slowly vs myriad tragedies and awful situations.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2011, 05:20:25 PM »

Natural selection.

The media need to be fucking put down for this story being anywhere near the Norway attacks, China train crash, US shooting etc. What a disgrace. Fucking retarded country we live in where people care about this one person who kills themselves slowly vs myriad tragedies and awful situations.
harsh but fair imo

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2011, 05:22:56 PM »

Natural selection.

when you moving abroad?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
relaedgc

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2011, 05:24:23 PM »

Red-Dog made the best post ITT, and was totally ignored.

imo.

It depends on the individual, surely? As a few other non judgemental people have stated already, we've all got our own demons and our own method of dealing with it.

Those of us that smoke understand that we will likely pay a high price for the habit. For my own part, if I shorten my life expectancy by doing something that I enjoy then so be it. It is my choice. I would hope that people would celebrate the things that I achieved in life, or perhaps if it comes soon then mourn that the chance was never realised. But not to say "Yeah. He got what was coming to him."

Heavy drinkers and drug abusers, on the other hand, I find to be a different kettle of fish. These are the folk more likely to be harbouring psychological issues. I just find it sad that people are so quick to condemn them without thought or consideration.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 05:27:40 PM by relaedgc » Logged

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2011, 05:24:48 PM »

Natural selection.

when you moving abroad?

Why can't the media leave ffs?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2011, 06:35:36 PM »

Natural selection.

It's just the way it is TittyBean.

Amy Winehouse is simply more of story than the Norway thing and will have more people talking hence it is at least equally as important to the media.

Even on this forum there's 2 pages for the Norway tragedy and 4 pages for Amy Winehouse.

Love it or hate it Amy Winehouse is bigger news than 90+ randoms whatever the circumstances.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2011, 06:43:22 PM »

Good job Tittybean isn't Australian - he'd be right pissed off that they're too busy talking about a bloke winning a cycling race.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2011, 06:48:36 PM »

Natural selection.

Amy Winehouse is simply more of story than the Norway thing and will have more people talking hence it is at least equally as important to the media.

Even on this forum there's 2 pages for the Norway tragedy and 4 pages for Amy Winehouse.

Love it or hate it Amy Winehouse is bigger news than 90+ randoms whatever the circumstances.

That's a fucking disgrace.

It's also why I hate the general public.

Why can't everyone be more like bopkin ffs?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2011, 06:53:22 PM »

Natural selection.

That's a fucking disgrace.

It's also why I hate the general public.

Why can't everyone be more like bopkin ffs?

Meh. The general public probably aren't that keen on you either mate.

So which do you think Bopkin will have spent more time talking about? Norway or Winehouse?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2011, 06:56:07 PM »

neither !!

and yup hope the gen pop don't like me or i'm doing something wrong!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: